Hyung~ (Dino)

Love, Love, Love

A?N: Poor Dino has a crush but doesn't know it's one until he gets told. Jihan mananged to sneak in so poor Channie's crush is...


Chan felt weird. His stomach was flip flopping a lot lately, and it felt tight and a bit airy other times. He would’ve told Joshua but he didn’t want to worry his hyung. The poor dog hybrid was unsure about what was happening. He wanted to prove to Joshua he was grown and that he could handle it himself. It wasn’t like it was happening 24/7, just sometimes. Which is what led him to Seungkwan. It was easier and simpler talking to Seungkwan than it was to talk to Jeonghan, Joshua’s first hybrid.

The cat hybrid was half wild cat and half domestic cat, a mutt of sorts that Joshua had stumbled upon. Or at least that’s what the two of them told him when he was taken in. Jeonghan was cool, half of the time anyhow. The other half of the time he seemed to like smothering Chan will love and affection while the other half he liked teasing him to hell and back.

There was no way Chan was going to go to Jeonghan for advice.

“What’s the problem?” Vernon’s rabbit hybrid looked him up and down. “Did Jeonghan hyung do something again?”

“No,” he said shaking his head, “nothing more than usual. Although he’s getting sort of more territorial lately. Like he shoves me off when Joshua’s petting me so he can get petted. Something he doesn’t normally do.”

“Hmmm,” Seungkwan said, “maybe.” He tapped at his chin. Eyeing Chan, he asked, “Have you hit puberty yet?”

“Yes!” Chan covered himself with his hands like he was seen .

Snorting, Seungkwan drawled, “Calm down puppy. I don’t like you in that way. If you hit puberty then you should be able to smell if Jeonghan hyung’s in mating season. You know that the Shua and him mate during Jeonghan’s time of the season.”

Chan nodded, his ears drooping a bit. He had been patted lovingly and hugged before Joshua dropped him off here to spend the week with Seungkwan and Vernon, because Jeonghan was feeling the season and even before he came along he could tell that Jeonghan and Joshua had that sort of relationship. It was a very long week. And when he got back to the house Jeonghan was smug and napping in the sun like normal. Joshua, even though he smiled, looked a bit tired and limped.

“He’s probably going to have another one soon if he’s pushing you off instead of letting Joshua hyung be affectionate.” He sighed. “Anyway, back to your problem, what’s up?”

“I’ve been feeling funky for a while now,” he said squirming a bit. “Like my stomach clenches and then it feels light and tingly at times. Then I’m just fine.” Chan looked at Seungkwan with desperate eyes, “Am I going to die? I don’t want to leave Shua hyung.”

“Oh Channie,” he said softly. “Do you feel these things around a certain someone only?”

“Don’t call me that,” Chan protested. “I’m almost an adult.”

“Do you? Think about it.”

Frowning Chan thought back to the times he started to feel these things and around who did he feel these things.

Seungkwan had a patient smile on his round face. “Figure it out yet?”

“Sometimes, around Joshua hyung,” he said slowly, “my stomach will clench up and then other times when he like smiles at me my stomach will flutter. What does that mean?”

“It’s a crush,” Seungkwan explained. “You have a crush on him. You like him romantically. Since it’s just a crush, it’s not something serious but you have feelings beyond the family love.”

Chan shook his head. “I never thought of him like that.” He wanted to deny he felt like he wanted to kiss Joshua.

“Doesn’t matter,” the rabbit said, “sometimes they just develop and then they go away. For your sake I hope it goes away. You won’t be able to do anything with Joshua with Jeonghan around.”

Chan knew that. He knew that all too well. Jeonghan had come up to him the first day and straight up told him that romantic feelings weren’t going to work. But here he was.


 

“Hyung,” he whined, greeting Joshua as he came through the door.

Joshua looked up from his book. “Chan. How was your little hang out?”

“Good,” he mumbled, “but I’m feeling a bit…”

Joshua laughed, “Lonely? Come here.” He patted his lap. Chan settled his head there, sighing in contentment as Joshua started petting him. His tail started to wag, hitting the couch cushions. “I’m sorry if I neglected you a bit. You know how Jeonghan gets around his mating season time.”

He nodded, burrowing his head into Joshua’s thigh. His stomach at his point was feeling fine, no butterflies, no knots, just happiness. Once Jeonghan came back from wherever he was that would change. That was a wrong thing to think about, Chan could feel the knots forming in his stomach now. Damn. Stupid crushes that would go nowhere. They .