Be Mine? (MinShua)

Love, Love, Love

Mingyu bopped his head to the music, moving to the notes while chopping the veggies. Joshua needed a lot of vegetables in his diet. If Mingyu didn’t cook them right he’d never eat them at home. Joshua was so stubborn on the vegetable thing, choosing only to eat certain ones unless they were prepared a certain way. Mingyu would’ve been offended at the slight jab to his cooking skills but he knew Joshua was just picky. It made his owner that much cuter, because it implied that Joshua was picky about everything and that meant when he chose Mingyu out of the whole liter of hybrids that Joshua spent time to pick the right one for him. It meant Mingyu was the best choice, and if he was going to say so himself, it made Mingyu puff up his chest, his ego getting a nice .

Minghao though, his best friend hybrid from next door that belonged Wonwoo and Junhui couple, liked to tell him that Joshua only picked Mingyu because he was so tall and gangly and he stood out from the rest of the pack. Not that Joshua chose him because he was the best choice. That made Mingyu howl a little and wrestle his cat friend to the ground yelling at him to take it back. It made their owners break them apart, scolding them for the childish behaviors when they were so old already. But the two of them always went back to childish behavior around each other. Something that the two best friends just did.

Mingyu would normally pout and whine while Joshua pet his hair and played with his ears, cooing at him. “It’s ok Mingyu. Hao Hao didn’t mean it. I picked you because you were cute.” He would then put his hands on Mingyu’s face and kiss him on the forehead sweetly. “You’re my cutest person.”

That calmed him down enough to ignore the snickering that Minghao did on the side. But he didn’t ignore the small yelp as Minghao got a slight hit and a scolding for being too savage again. It always made him smirk a bit. But then he also got a scolding from Joshua on how he should be a bit more grown up and ignore Minghao’s jabs.

Mingyu loved his best friend but he was too mean sometimes. Mingyu already had a tough time with why Joshua had picked him of all hybrids. The two of them weren’t in a relationship like Minghao was with his owners, the lucky cat.

No. Mingyu and Joshua were still in that weird limbo of relationship. Joshua let Mingyu sleep in the same bed, cuddle with him, give him cheek kisses, let Mingyu be territorial, but there was no . Mingyu had yet to have Joshua under him and squirming.

Minghao told him to man up and ask his owner but Mingyu shook his head, his bushy tail wrapping around his large body, whimpering. What if he ruined everything and Joshua sent him away? Mingyu didn’t want that one bit.

But if he waited too long. That man Joshua worked with. That Jeonghan dude. He seemed to have his eye on Joshua too. Maybe Mingyu couldn’t wait much longer.


Mingyu smiled triumphantly at his creation. A nice hamburger patty with the words be mine made out of tiny veggie strips, with a nice tomato rose on the side for decoration. Placing it in front of Joshua’s seat, he nodded looking at the spread of food. He’d win over his master through his stomach.

Walking out of the kitchen, he walked down the hallway to Joshua’s office. “Shua,” Mingyu said, tail lashing out excitedly. When he heard nothing he repeated himself, “Shua~.” Still there was nothing. “Shua, Shua, Shua, Shua, Shua~,” he whined.

Joshua peeked his head out from his home office. Taking a look at the excited look on his Siberian Husky hybrid’s face, he raised a brow. “What’s up Mingyu?”

“Dinner’s ready,” he said with a huge grin, his eyes lighting up and his smile nearly reaching the sides of his face.

Joshua smiled in return. “Thanks, Mingyu. Whatever you cooked smells delicious. Let me wash my hands and we’ll go eat.”

Mingyu nodded. He couldn’t wait for Joshua to be his. He hoped. He really really really hoped.