Birthday Notes (2Ji)

Love, Love, Love

“Jihoon!” Joshua waited at the foot of the stairs sighing. What was that rabbit doing? “Dinner time!” Foot tapping lightly on the carpet, he waited a few minutes. “Jihoon!” Still not a peep from him.

Joshua went up the stairs. He knew where Jihoon would be. He wondered if installing that studio was a good idea. He knew Jihoon loved doing things in his spare time but sometimes the rabbit hybrid just got so caught up in it.

He didn’t bother knocking since he knew Jihoon wouldn’t respond if he didn’t hear Joshua yell from downstairs. Barging in, he stopped, hand on the knob, staring as Jihoon’s rabbit ears moved along with the music on his headphones. It was cute. Too bad he had to interrupt.

Walking up from behind, he gently took the headphones off, ignoring the sudden turning of Jihoon’s body. “It’s time to eat now Jihoon.” With one hand, he turned off the machine and with the other he gently ran the back of his fingers against one of Jihoon’s rabbit ears. “No more work or fun until later.”

Jihoon quickly snatched back the headphones. “You didn’t hear anything did you?”

The look on his face was frantic, like he was trying to hide something. Joshua smiled, still caressing his ear. “I didn’t. Let’s go eat. I made your favorite.”

Jihoon nodded, still looking at him suspiciously. But he let Joshua continue his touching without moving away from him like he did on occasion. Moving away, Joshua let go. But to his surprise, Jihoon took his hand and wrapped his fingers around his palm, leading Joshua out the door.

“My favorites?”

“Of course,” Joshua answered, letting Jihoon take them down the stairs.


Sitting on the chair, Jihoon hid his face in his hands, rabbit ears drooping a bit, as Joshua went to get the rice. If his hybrid friends had seen him just earlier they’d all be whistling up a storm. Hooting and hollering at the sight of Jihoon being more forceful with Joshua. They were always trying to egg him on to take the platonic relationship he currently had with Joshua to the next level.

He sighed. Thank goodness Joshua didn’t hear the song he was making for his birthday. Jihoon had promised himself that he would confess that day. With the notes in his song, he’d say I love you. And hopefully it’d be alright.

Joshua sat down, putting down the bowls. “Let’s eat.”

Jihoon nodded and smiled, gaining another smile in return from Joshua. If he played his cards right he’d see that beautiful smiling face the day he confessed and get a kiss too.