Beautiful lies (Part1)

WIfe On Duty

The shoulder length hair woman came out clad in a bathrobe freshly from the bath. The steam still emmitted from her skin as she grabbed the comb from the nearby drawer and sat herself infront of an elegant vintage mirror. Suddenly she saw a reflection of a dark shadow stood straight next to the standing lamp. She directly turned back and found nothing. She tried to look around and decided it’s only her hallucination. She decided to turn to face the mirror again...but..

 

KYA!!” A loud screamed could be heard from the back of the studio.

--------------d-----------a-----------h----------m------------o----------------n--------------i----------e--------

 

WHAT KIND OF MOVIE IS THAT?! You said it’s gonna be romantic! Mina pinched Jeongyeon and Nayeon mercilessly.

 

Ouch! Come on! it’s romantic. They don’t even know they are in the different world since the main character doesn’t realize that his beloved one is already death.” Nayeon and Jeongyeon winched and tried to ran way from Mina’s deadly peck(or pinch).

 

--------------d-----------a-----------h----------m------------o----------------n--------------i----------e--------

*ring….ring…..ring...*

They were having their dinner in one of the chinese restaurant when Jeongyeon’s phone rang.

 

Hi! Appa(father)!” Jeongyeon chimed

You’ve arrived?” She sounded surprised

Okey. i’m gonna pick you with Nayeon.” Jeongyeon ended the phone with annoying kissy sound.

 

Hey, your father is back to Korea Unnie?” Mina asked.

Yeah.” Jeongyeong ate her portion faster since she had to go.

 

A ‘click’ sound happened in Mina’s head. She then eyed the older couple with a dirty look.

 

You shouldn’t plan this double date if both of you just gonna leave us after scaring the h3ll out of me. Mina rolled her eyes as the older couple just winked at her.

 

Hey! don’t be bitter, i’m gonna invite you to my house.” Jeongyeon winked.

 

Nayeon saw Chaeyoung’s confused face and explained that Jeongyeon’s father is an international certificated chef. Chaeyoung directly turned to Jeongyeon and used her cute ‘kitten’ eyes so Jeongyeon will invite her to eat in her house.

 

 

After packing all of their belonging, Jeongyeon and Nayeon bid their goodbye, of course after teasing the younger couple.

Chaeyoung, bring this lazy _ss Penguin for a night walk okey. She’s been into too much stress from work.” Nayeon patted Chaeyoung’s head.

Aye-aye captain.” Chaeyoung palyfully saluted.

 

and Mina, don’t do something naughty to my baby okey.” Nayeon winked playfully and pushed Jeongyeon to the exit door before the Penguin could throw them with plate. The two figure just quickly vanish before Mina could send a UFO toward them.

Sh1t! They don’t even pay.” Mina clicked her tongue

 

--------------d-----------a-----------h----------m------------o----------------n--------------i----------e--------

Chaeyoung was grinning as she remebered how flustered Mina was. Actually, she was suprised that the 'always cool and collected' Mina who is feisty and really passionate in her works could curled up and shaking from the crappy horror film.

She never saw Mina got intimidiated by the big and tall competitor, neither she had seen Mina being uncertain or scared to take a decision.

Mina is a fierce wild Penguin in fact. But she couldn't erase the picture of the shrieking Mina that curled up her body. She would once in awhile hiding behind Nayeon. She even almost flipped from the chair when the ghost appeared..

 

What?” Mina asked Chaeyoung as she caught Chaeyoung grinned sheepishly at her.

I don’t know you are a scaredy cat.” Chaeyoung wiggled her eyebrows as Mina sulked.

 

Come on every one has their fear, I only tease you, don’t sulk.” Chaeyoung munched her food again as Mina did soo. Chaeyoung then playfully poking Mina's cheeck as the latter swatted her finger away.

The engulfed in a comfortable silence.

 

Do you have any other fear?” Chaeyoung suddenly asked.

Mina being surprised then looked at her suspiciously.

Do want to black mail me, right?!” Mina accused.

 

The h3ll I would! I’ve known that you are super scared of a bug. I always can use it anytime if I want to.” Chaeyoung remembered how Mina climbed on the top of her fancy marble desk with heels in her hand, threatening the nonchalant bug. Luckily Jeongyeon came at the right time(even her head almost whacked by the flying heels).

Mina kept her unamused face but Chaeyoung could saw the base of her neck started to turn red. “She can’t hide that reaction, right? hehehhe”

 

I’m gonna tell you mine and you should tell me yours.” Chaeyoung bargained. “I hate storm.Chaeyoung stated.

 

So what’s yours?”

I never say I agree to tell you.”

But you have heard mine!”Chaeyoung whined childishly and made the other customers who sat around them, turned their head to their table.

Mina didn't want to cause anymore comotion.

I hate amusement ride. Mina stated.

Ah…..You are so boring!Chaeyoung booing Mina and Mina just rolled her eyes.

Then, you only ride the merry go round, right?” Chaeyoung teased.

I….I….I..can ride other ride too!” Mina was fuming.

What else?” Chaeyoung challenged.

Eh….eh….eh ferris wheel!” Mina said proudly and Cheyoung just rolled her eyes.

 

After finishing their dinner, Chaeyoung pulled Mina to walk around. They walked nearby one of the night market on the street, it was a big one with many food stalls, game booth, and other seller that picked Chaeyoung's interest.

Chaeyoung tugged the hem of Mina’s shirt. 

Hey...hey….let’s go and take a stroll there!” Chaeyoung pointed at the crowded night market.”

You are not full yet?” Mina quirked her left eyebrow. She thought Chaeyoung would buy any snack again eventhough they were really full.

Nope. I just want to look around.” Chaeyoung answered.

Mina huffed but finally agreed. She was soo full and she could use a nice night walk to help her digest the food. It’s not that late yet though. It’s just 7 pm.

--------------d-----------a-----------h----------m------------o----------------n--------------i----------e--------

 

I want to play that!” Chaeyoung pointed at the shooting game.

Childish.” Mina murmured, Chaeyoung only looked at Mina with a dirty eye

 

You are just afraid i’m better than you in that game, right?” Chaeyoung teased.

The h3ll you would?! Let me show you the power of this gaming queen.” Mina flipped her hair and stepped to the booth while Chaeyoung did a small victory dance behind Mina’s back and followed Mina.

 

 

*bang…..bang...bang*

 

Hah….headshot, right!” Mina exclaimed and chirped loudly. She had shot 3 bullseye

Sh1t!” Chaeyoung cursed as she barely graze the tip of the prize she wanted.

 

Here is your prize.” The booth owner gave Mina a huge ivory color teddy bear.

 

The teddy was as big as half of Chaeyoung’s body, it’s even thicker than Chaeyoung's body. The small one only won the tiny itty bitty penguin keychain. It’s a handmade penguin pulshie that has a unique color. The color seems like a tiger stripped. The small metalic bell hang on the penguin keychain and rang whenever you swayed it. Actually, the keychain is quite cute.

 

Mina smirked and attached the keychain to one of the teddy bear’s toe. She then took a picture of it and editted it with a ‘winner’ word written above the teddy and the ‘loser’ word written near the keychain. Chaeyoung just sulked at her place while The booth owner could only laughed.

 

Finish to mock me?” Chaeyoung asked sinistically.

Mina just smirked and showed her editted picture as Chaeyoung snorted.

 

 

 

Do you want this teddy bear?” Mina asked Chaeyoung and the other looked confused.

Hm….i’m not really fond of pulshie.” Chaeyoung shrugged.

Me too. I think it’s just a waste of space. Mina then handed the big teddy bear to the booth owner and told him to keep it for the other time.

Wait!” Chaeyoung took the keychain that stucked between the teddy’s toe. “I’ll take this.” Chaeyoung beamed a smile to the owner.

 

 

They played a lot of games. Chaeyoung even sucessfuly asked Mina to treat her with the street foods. Now they were sitting at the nearby bench while eating the toppoki since they had digested the previous food after playing frantically around.

 

Why you order the extra spicy one for me?!” Mina groaned at Chaeyoung as she kept hissing from the stink sensation of her tongue.

I don’t know you hate chili. You love ketchup so I think you will love the sister?” Chaeyoung shrugged nonchalantly.

This little devil. She knew I hate it!” Mina just glared at Chaeyoung.

 

I’m gonna buy some drinks. Keep an eye on my belonging okey.” Mina stood up and left her handbag next to Chaeyoung. She then walked away.

Chaeyoung saw Mina walked away, waddling with toes outward. Mina is absolutely an elegant lady. But when she was relax and clad in the sneakers or slippers she would uncounciously walked like a sergeant.

She is the worst.” Chaeyoung chuckled

 

Chaeyoung was enjoying the toppoki even she had to keep pulling her snot. She tried to fish some tissues from her jacket’s pocket and found the keychain instead. An idea popped in her head.

 

--------------d-----------a-----------h----------m------------o----------------n--------------i----------e--------

 

Mina came back with a can of chocomilk and strawberry milk. She handed Chaeyoung the strawberry one.

Yeay! Thank you.” Chaeyoung puckered her lips to make a kissy face to Mina while the other just snorted.

 

They sat there leisurely and talking(Chaeyoung being the talkactive one of course while Mina just listening and gave her sinistic remark here and there.)

 

Mina looked back at her wristwatch and she found it’s already 8 pm. Their walk to home would take an hour since they were at the different district and they had to wake up early for a meeting tommorow. Mina decided to call an end to the night walk.

 

 

Let’s go home.” Mina slung her handbag on her shoulder and stood up.

 

*cring….cring...cring* A small but tuneful chime could be heard as she moved. Mina tried to find the source of that familiar sound.

 

She checked her pocket.

No.”

She’s stomping her shoes.

Nope.”

Now she was turning around like a dog chasing it’s tail.

"Hehhehehe" Chaeyoung then stood up and slipped Mina’s handbag from the taller’s shoulder and showed the keychain that she attached to one of the zipper.

 

“It's looked similar with you so I'll give it to you.” Chaeyoung beamed Mina her smile.

Dimple! Why I can’t get used to you!” Mina internally tried to pull out her hair.

 

The h3ll is it! It’s so chil….d..” Mina almost said the word which always trigger her fight with Chaeyoung(except calling the cub a shortie), Chaeyoung glared at Mina and dare her to say it.

It’s….it’s… too flashy.” Mina tried to find another ‘softer’ word and Chaeyoung smirked in acknowledgement of Mina’s skill to avoid a conflict.

 

It’s not flashy. It’s cute and it’s jiggling.” Chaeyoung played the bell that attached to the Penguin.

Just take it off pleasee! it’s not matching.” Mina groaned.

How can it be not matching. Your bag is black. It’s a neutral color.” Chaeyoung insisted and she hung back Mina’s bag to the latter’s slumped shoulder.

Come on! I know you just want to play around and embarrass me, right? It’s my favourite bag and I wear it regulary. So if you attach it here it colud…..it could…..it could….easily come off.”

 

They debated for a few moments and of course being the talkactive one, Chaeyoung is the absolute winner. Mina could only groaned and sulked.

 

Chaeyoung pitied Mina as she saw Mina’s disarray hair after their debate. Mina had that weird habit to scratch her head when she is frustated.

 

Okey then! You may take it off but until we reach home okey and….”

Mina eyes started to glimmer.

Promise me to always keep it with you where ever you go.” Chaeyoung lifted up her pinky finger to Mina’s face.

Huh!?”

It doesn’t have to be shown. I know ‘the cool beauty’ Min Mina is too good to wear a jingly cute keychain around. So you may put it where ever you want but make sure you always bring it with you.” Chaeyoung wiggled her pinky finger.

 

Why I have to promise you?” Mina interrogated again.

Because it’s my ‘reward’.” Chaeyoung stated bluntly.

Hey! I have accompanied and paid for you for the whole night. I think this ‘da…..te’ is your reward?! Mina protested.

You think that singlehandedly.” Chaeyoung shrugged.

 

Sh1t! You are a sly little kitten!” Mina hissed and Chaeyoung just winked and wiggled her pinky finger again.

"Or do you want me to ask for more fancy things?" Chaeyoung wiggled her eyebrows while Mina's forehead started to have wrinkle.

"Like, buy me a pink lamborghini?"

"Pink LAMBORGHINI?!"

"Or..."

"OR!!!" Mina looked like she would have a heartattack anytime soon.

"A kiss." Chaeyoung puckered her full lips out as Mina shuddered.

Fine!” Mina snorted and tied her pinky with Chaeyoung’s rather hard. The smaller winched but return with the same power and dragged Mina to walking with her while their pinky was still interwinded.

 

--------------d-----------a-----------h----------m------------o----------------n--------------i----------e--------

 

*brrr…...brrrrr….brrr…..*

They were halfway to Mina’s apartment when Chaeyoung mobile phone vibrate as she received a message. 

 

Hm….Boss... I think I can’t go home yet right now.” Chaeyoung told Mina who sat in the bus next to her.

Huh?”

Hm….my bestfriend is calling me. She has something really important to talk to.Chaeyoung told Mina.

 

Mina looked at her wristwatch and it’s already 8.30 pm.

It’s late and you’ll need to take a taxi alone if I leave you now. I’ll go with you.” Mina insisted.

She worries.” Chaeyoung smiled in her head.

 

Don’t be worried. I’ll be back before midnight. It’s my hm...trusted friend and they can drop me home. You are already super tired and tomorrow you’ll do a presentation, right?” Chaeyoung laid her palm on the top of Mina’s hand and shootingly rubbed her thumb on Mina’s backpalm.

Usually, Mina would directly took her hand away or smacked Chaeyoung’s hand since Chaeyoung had the tendency to playfully flirt with her. She is the same annoying flirty womanizer like Jeongyeon. But Mina saw the sincerity in the smaller woman’s eyes. “Her eyes is so beautiful....Is her eyes sparkling...WHAT ARE YOU THINKING MINA?!?!?”

Mina turned her face to the window so Chaeyoung wouldn’t recognize her blush.

Ugh! Her dimple is not the only one I have to get used to.” Mina tried hard to keep her poker face and tone down her blushing while the smaller one tried to hold her chuckle as she saw the base of Mina’s neck slowly turned red.

 

Ah….i have to stop here.” Chaeyoung pushed the stop bell and the bus stopped. “I’m going first, okey.” Chaeyoung smiled softly to Mina and Mina just replied it absentmindedly.

 

 

Why am I feeling uneasy?!” Mina told to herself when she couldn’t see the back of the small cub anymore.

--------------d-----------a-----------h----------m------------o----------------n--------------i----------e--------

Tadaima!(i’m home) A soft voice echoed

 

Don’t forget to set the alarm and turn off the lamp.”

-Mina

P.S: Okaeri!(welcome home!)

 

Chaeyoung couldn’t help to feel the small tug from to the edge of her lips. She did what Mina instructed and headed to her room.

 

I hope she won’t ever know.” Chaeyoung mumbled before the sleepiness engulf her.

 

--------------d-----------a-----------h----------m------------o----------------n--------------i----------e--------

 

Mina left Chaeyoung to bought some beverages for them.

 

*brr….brrr…..brrr….brrr* She received a text.

 

From: 0789xxxxxxxxxx

Chaeyoung-san can we meet later?

 

Who the h3ll is this?” Chaeyoung typed back.

 

From: 0789xxxxxxxxxx

It’s Momo.

 

Momoring?! How many times you have to change your number?”

 

From: 0789xxxxxxxxxx(change to Momoring)

Sorry! I drop my phone in the closet XD.

 

Again!”

 

From: Momoring

Hehehhe….clumsy me ;P

So….Do you have some time? We really need to meet face to face. There is a lot of things I need to tell you T_T

 

Is…..is that man comes again?”

 

From: Momoring

Yeah! He scares the kids away. You don’t know what have he done after you leaving us.

 

Sh!t! What else he wants?! Just wait for me when you reach our usual place.”

 

From: Momoring

Okey.

 

Chaeyoung closed her hand phone and huffed.

 

*ring….ring….ring*

Who the h3ll again this time!”

 

Hello!” Chaeyoung picked her phone without seeing the name first and answered it rather harsh.

Hey! Why so tense?! Does the Pengu annoy you?” The other line chimed.

Unnie!” Chaeyoung whined.

hehehhehe…..Still out with Mina?”

Yes...we are in the night market now.”

Wow! You brings her there.” The other line chuckled.

 

Enjoy your date! Don’t come home too late okey.” The other line talking like a mother hen.

Yes, Unnie.” Chaeyoung smiled.

 

Chaeyoungie…..”

Hm?”

Do you have any problem?” suddenly the woman’s tone turned soft while asking Chaeyoung out of the blue.

She always knows.”

Hm...N..o..!” Chaeyoung stuttered and the other line huffed.

Don’t keep your problem alone okey. I’ll be here if you need me, stubborn!”

Chaeyoung looked at the sky with a sad smile “Yes, Unnie.”


Hi! 

The next will be a liitle bit angst(because Michaeng becomes tragic againT_T, they rarely have moment...but let's have faith and feed our 'delulu' mind with fanfic guys, hehehhe)


Thank you very much for all the subscribes, votes, and comments(I've read all of them so please don't be hesitate to comment all, ask anything cause i'll always reply it ;)) Please keep supporting and reading this fanfic. Ah....have a nice weekend :D.

I hope the texter and the caller  don't confuse you :') (it's two different person)