Beautiful lies(part 2)

WIfe On Duty

I cannot prohibit or paster her to tell me where does she go, what does she do, who is she is meeting with...yada...yada... Unnie!” Mina huffed and let the foam of her executive chair engulfed her.

Why can’t you?”

She has her own…..her own….right…..” Mina mumbled.

But she is your wife.”

“……….Just by contract which will end in one and a half month.” Mina rolled her eyes and sulked again.

Then try to console her, huh?...She might open up when she is ‘calmer’. Jeongyeon quirked her eyebrow and Mina just kept silent and avoided Jeongyeon’s eyes.

 

Jeongyeon then started at Mina with a indescribable smile. It’s motherly but mischievous at the same time.

 

WHAT?!” Mina leered and dared Jeongyeon to spill her thought.

 

Nope!” Jeongyeon shook her head and laughed a little. ”It’s cute looking at you so bothered like a mother hen toward her. You won’t make any progress with her if you never communicate properly. Why don’t you try to ‘lure’ her, maybe she has some problems that she feels reluctant to tell you.” Jeongyeon suggested.

 

Yeah, i’ll try to communicate to her after I collect an enough proof of her suspiciousness.” Mina nodded. “Btw, what kind of progress do you mean between me and that sly kitten?” Mina scowled.

 

The progress of your wife-wife relation?” Jeongyeon shrugged. “Or may be to bring your s3xy time to the next level?” Jeongyeon wiggled her eyebrow.

 

……………………..

……………………..

……………………..

 

*brakh* The loud thud of the close door made all the eyes look at the certain blonde hair who closed the door of Mina's private office with so much force while panting.

 

*duakh* But before she could inhaled properly, a loud thud could be hear from the contact of ‘something’ to the other side of the door she just closed.

Thanks God I make it in time. She is a headshot Goddess.” Jeongyeon wiped her sweat while smiled awkwardly to the other employees.

 

 

--------------d-----------a-----------h----------m------------o----------------n--------------i----------e--------

 

Boss.” Chaeyoung said softly.

Hm...” Mina hummed in responded as she read some documents.

 

May I take my leave early again? I have something important to do.”

With your friend again?” Mina tone sounded unintentional cold.

 

Uhm…..Ye...ah.”

“………….Okey.” Mina answered and Chaeyoung muttered a thank you.

 

 

 

Is this matter really that important?” Suddenly Mina asked Chaeyoung when the latter already fixed her belonging.

Yes.” Chaeyoung immediately nodded her head.

Mina being the observant one could tell Chaeyoung was being too tense lately. Mina frowned at the cub that smilling widely

She is hiding something.”

 

Hm…. Chaengie...” Chaeyoung directly snapped her head to Mina who stood up from her seat and walked closer to Chaeyoung with her hands folded infront of her chest. Her face looked deathly serious.

 

When was the last time she calls me that?!” Chaeyoung inner self got confused. “Hm….” She only could muster one word while grabbing the strapped of her sling bag tightly. Mina now just a half meter away from her.

 

You look so tired and bothered lately. I'm happy it doesn't affect your work. Hm….you know that we…..we…...” Mina stuttered. A typical trait that Chaeyoung know when Mina’s tried hard to say her thought in more suitable and smooth way. Chaeyoung waiting patiently while Mina’s eyes kept dartingeverywhere. Actually, she found it amusing. How the great Min Mina felt nervous.

 

We are………. homemate.” Mina managed to say it, “So, you may tell me if you have a problem. May be we can discuss it. Hm….i’ll try to…...help.” Mina awkwardly consoled Chaeyoung.

Of course I will respect your decision if you choose to keep it for yourself. Mina quickly rode on her whitehorse again. Chaeyoung almost let out a chuckle.

I’m being too obvious, huh?….AH, she is worried.” Chaeyoung smiled internally.

 

How about if I ask you for 10 million dollar?” Chaeyoung quirked her eyebrows and dead serious.

 

Hey! I'll have to sell this company and even myself. It’s ridiculous!!!”Mina said in disbelieve. “WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?! Mina looked so panic right now.

 

PFFFT! Huahhuhauah….. Your panic face looks so funny!!!” Chaeyoung laughed outloud while Mina just hung open.

 

Kidding. You stingy! How could I ask you for that big amount of money when you are the infamous ‘Stingy uncle Scrooge’! Chaeyoung then ‘merong’ at Mina and Mina pouted to her.

 

I’ll have to go now.” Chaeyoung headed to the door.

 

What time will you came back?” Mina asked before Chaeyoung turned the knob.

 

Hm….i hope it’s done before dinner.Chaeyoung turned and showed her dimple smiled. “Don’t be too worried mother hen. I’m the predator here.” Chaeyoung winked referring to her ‘lioness cub’ title.

 

--------------d-----------a-----------h----------m------------o----------------n--------------i----------e--------

Mina’s apartment

 

Mina pace back and forth in her living room.

 

I'm getting dizzy bunny.Jeongyeon laid her head on Nayeon’s shoulder. “Just catch that waddling wild penguin. She looks like an iron that go back and forth.” Jeongyeon asked Nayeon.

 

The oldest among them grabbed Mina on the shoulder and place the giddy penguin between her and Jeongyeon so they could squish the Penguin to stop her from fidgetting around..

 

She hasn’t come home yet, Unnie!” Mina looked like a kick puppy to Nayeon.

She hasn’t replied my text. Why does She turn off her phone?!Mina pulled out her phone.

 

*cring….cring….cring….*

Hm….cute phone chain.” Nayeon wanted to tease the latter but looking at how tense and desperate Mina was, she thought she could keep it for later.

May be she has more important things to do.” Jeongyeon patted Mina’s head.

 

More important than going home? it’s 11.30 pm now Unnies!!!” Mina stood up and picked her car’s key.

 

Where are you going?” Nayeon tried to yanked Mina’s hand but the Penguin released her hand.

I’ll find her. Don’t stop me Unnie!” Mina stared at Nayeon.

I won’t!!! Just…..firstly…... CHANGE YOUR PENGUIN ONESIE!!!” Nayeon knocked Mina’s head with her big hand.

 

--------------d-----------a-----------h----------m------------o----------------n--------------i----------e--------

 

 

Mina was walking around the district where Chaeyoung always told her where she would usually meet her friend. Mina looked to every trasparent glasses and windows of the storefront even most of them already closed.

She still couldn’t find Chaeyoung. Jeongyeon and Nayeon who followed Mina around since the beginning just got tired.

 

Mina! lets take a break for 15 minutes.”

Yeah, I agree. We had strolled around for almost 2 hours non-stop.” Jeongyeon wiped her sweat.

 

Go and take a rest Unnies. I’m gonna look at the last nearby eatery.” Mina pointed to the lightbox of a nearby chinese eatery, almost 200 m from them.

 

No! It’s a late night. H3ll it’s almost dawn. You baby, not walking alone!Jeongyeon saw her digital watch has shown it’s 01.15 pm. Mina knew how worried Jeongyeon and Nayeon too. She couldn’t make them even more worried so she pointed at the nearby park where they could rest.

--------------d-----------a-----------h----------m------------o----------------n--------------i----------e--------

At the park

Ah my legs are killing me.” Nayeon rested her feet on Jeongyeon’s lap as the latter tried to massage her calves.

 

Mina sat on the edge of the fountain while kept checking her phone. Suddenly, a faint sound could be heard came from the nearby bush.

 

*rustle….rustle….rustle*

Jeongyeon, Mina, and Nayeon now were tense. They stayed in position to anticipate the coming things. Nayeon pulled Mina behind her and pushed Jeongyeon to being their shield.

 

Hey! Why me?”

You are the black belt here! Go check what is that.” Nayeon handed her the mobile phone’s flash light and pushed her to approach the rustling bush.

 

Jeongyeon came closer shakingly in her fighting stance. Suddenly, something came out and Jeongyeon reflexly did a spinning kick.

Woah!” Mina exclaimed.

But before she could kick the coming object, someone had thrown a pebbles and hit her right on her shin.

Akh! It’s hurt!”

 

Mina got shock and realized the flying rock came from her periferal view and there was…...
“What’s that for Nayeon!” Jeongyeon hissed while checking her bruises shin.

Woah! Ninja!” Mina openned her eyes in awe.

 

Look! It’s a human you dumb_ss!” Nayeon came closer to them followed by Mina.

 

Right to be told, it was a preschooler. She was a pacifier as she stood still with eyes closed. She was wearing a cute long sleeves floral dress with a high pigtail. Her hair is kinda a light shade of brown.

She is sleep walking?! i’m sorry I almost kick her.” Jeongyeon examined the baby and scooped her in her hand. The baby then woke up.

Cute!” Nayeon exclaimed and poked the baby’s cheek. Nayeon then picked the baby form Jeongyeon. She is known to be fond of child. Mina ever thought she was a e.

 

The child looked at them with her round glimmering eyes while kept ling the pacifier.

 

Why are you out here at this time? More importantly, where is your Mama? Are you alone?” Nayeon nuzzled the baby as she showered her with so many questions.

 

I think she doesn’t understand your word Unnie.” Mina examined the baby’s face.

 

But the baby started to tugging Nayeon’s shirt and pointing non-stop to something. The three adult followed the direction and they found the baby was pointing at one of the tall neon box of one of the restaurant that could be seen from the park.

 

Your Mama is there?” Mina asked and the baby showed the same gesture.

I don’t know if it’s what she means but I think we have to check there.” Mina told Nayeon and Jeongyeon.

 

They headed to the pointed 24 hours restaurant.

 

They just arrived in the entrance door when they heard a familiar shouted behind the closed door.

 

I’VE TOLD YOU TO LEAVE THEM ALONE!” A familiar high pitch womanly voice.

 

WHY WOULD YOU TAKE HER?! NOW SHE IS MISSING AT 2 AM?! Grrr!!!” Now she rowled.

 

Mina’s eyes openned wide as she saw the enterance door being openned by the woman she had been looking for non-stop for almost 6 hours.

 

Chaeyoung!”

 

Mina! Hyung! Nayeon unnie!” Chaeyoung face looked shocked for a moment until she realised the baby girl that being carried by Nayeon.

 

SOMI!” Chaeyoung took the baby girl and the she gladfully encircled her small arms around Chae Young’s neck.

 

Mama!” The small girl talked and her pacifier dropped down.

 

 

Hey! Chaeyoung-baby! I’m sorry! I’ve told the waitress to take care of her. I don’t know she would slip away while sleep walking.” The tall man who wore black leather jacket and jeans with a pair of squicky clean shoes came out. He realized the intense vibe infront of him.

 

Baby!” Nayeon’s eyes openned wide.

 

Oh! Hi! I’m Yong-Ji. ” The man waved at the three women. “There you are little girl. Why are you running away?” The Yong-Ji man tried to touch the baby but the baby seems retracted herself. Chaeyoung also reflexly moved away from his reach.

 

Don’t you dare to touch her!!!” Chaeyoung snarled.

 

Never once Mina ever imagine that the goofy annoying pin size baby cub could snarled like a lioness. She looks so…..defensive.

 

Hey you know she is my baby too.” Yong-Ji reached for Chaeyeon's wrist again and he successfully grabbed her. Chaeyoung tried to took her hands away but the man tighten his grip.

 

 

 

HANDS OFF!” Mina suddenly spoke poisonouely calm and Yong-Ji directly felt intimidated and his grip loosen.

 

Who are you?!” Yong-Ji tried to confront Mina.

The question successfuly shutted down Mina’s mind.

 

She is the wife of the woman you hold with your dirty hand.”

 

Huh?! Wife? Don't be ridiculous! She is mine.” Yong-ji pointed at Chaeyoung and scoffed.

 

Chaeyoung yanked her hand from Yong-Ji grip and quickly headed to Mina’s direction......... what happened next made everyone openned their eyes.

 

Chaeyoung hid Somi’s face by snuggled the baby’s head to her neck. She then tiptoed a little bit right infront of the Penguin who had indescribable face that shows how she tried to scooped with the whole situation.

 

A sudden manuver from Chaeyoung had surprised Mina. She only took a glimpse of the long lashes of the closed eyed cub when her whole sense focused on the soft sensation of a plump lips attached perfectly againts her thin one. The contact wasn’t accaptable to be called a kiss. It almost felt like being slapped with a pair of lips. Chaeyoung just went and attached their lips for a mere milisecond.

 

As she dropped to her real height, Chaeyoung slowly openned her closed eyes just to see Mina in her infamous expressionless face. “Is that a frown?” Chaeyoung noticed a slight change of the Boss' face that quickly turned back to the expressionless.

 

Yong-Ji beaing shocked too, tried to yanked Chaeyoung back to him.

 

Jeongyeon grasped Yong-Ji wrist that grabbed Chaeyoung and crushed it until Yong-Ji loosen his grip on Chaeyoung’s wrist. A red mark could be seen around Chaeyoung’s wrist.

 

Nayeon kicked the back of the man knee while Jeongyeon kept twisting the man’s hand.

 

Yong-Ji wiggled himself with all of his power and got himself free from Nayeon and Jeongyeon dead lock. He ran into a save distance and turned back.

 

Pft….a wife?! I will get you back Son Chaeyoung, and I will get ‘them’ and ‘everything there’. No one can stop me!The man made a peace sign and ran fast before Jeongyeon and Nayeon threw rocks at him.

--------------d-----------a-----------h----------m------------o----------------n--------------i----------e--------

 

Are you okey?” Nayeon cupped Chaeyoung’s face.

Yes Unnie.” Chaeyoung nodded as Somi snuggled to the crook of her neck.

who is that man?” Nayeon asked Chaeyoung but Chaeyoung just averted her eyes

what he is intending to?!”Nayeon rose her voice unconciously and Chaeyoung tighten her hug to Somi.

 

Calm down Bunny.Jeongyeon patted Nayeon’s head and Nayeon realised she had made the smaller and the baby scared.

Sorry.” Nayeon patted Chaeyoung’s head and she rubbed the baby’s back.

 

Mina just stayed quite as she mustered all the things that had happened before her eyes. Chaeyoung tried to look at Mina but once their eyes met Mina averted her eyes.

It looks glassy.” Chaeyoung noted when she kept trying to reach Mina’s eyes.

 

Finally, we find her. Let’s go home. Please let that little girl sleep in my apartment. She is dead tired.” Mina flashed her smile and directly headed to where she parked her car.

 

Chaeyoung knew Mina’s smile doesn’t reach her eyes.


Hi:) Thank you very much for reading this 'crappy fanfic'....Ah i want to recommend one movie that i just stumbled into. "The Kodai Family", I found it really nice and fluffy( actually, i want to make a fanfic from it but i should finish this one right? hehehehe, try to watch it :))

The first conflict just come(and i hope it's not disappointingT_T) Please keep your interest to this story hehehheh...and spare me your opinion by commenting ;)

What is Yong-Ji's and Chaeyoung's relationship?

How Mina feels toward the whole situation?

or maybe, who is the caller? (hehehheheh, i found many of you keep speculating who  the caller is hehehheheh)

Please keep reading this story :) thank you for the upvote and subcribes(please keep supporting this story... I <3 U hehehhe )