Chapter 2

Stupid Cupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

History

 

 

History is Bae Joohyun’s favorite subject, and it is her favorite subject for a reason.

 

 

One: Is because she is really committed to History
Two: Is because it is the last subject
Three: And lastly, it’s because she gets to stare at the window to watch Bogum play in the soccer field, like what she is doing right now.

 

 

She carefully observes Bogum's features, from his hair that makes her want to run her fingers with, to his eyes that she will be more than willing to stare at every day, to those pointy nose that makes her want to pinch it, to those pair of lips that makes her want to taste with. She wonders what Bogum's lips taste like and she smiled at her little daydream. 

 

 

"Ms. Bae" she was busy staring at the window and she didn't hear her teacher called her. She tilted her head, still smiling and enjoying her sight like a love stuck fool. 

 

 

"MS. BAE!" her teacher called her again, louder this time and that made her snap out from her thoughts. She quickly adjusted herself and faced her teacher. 

 

 

"I'm asking you" Her teacher stated

 

 

"I'm sorry Ms. Hwang, what is your question again?" Joohyun asked and bit her lower lip. 

 

 

"Can you tell us, who is Cupid's parents?" Joohyun widened her eyes the moment she heard the question. She was expecting for a harder question and not these kind of things that everyone knows already, only a fool cannot answer that question. But she's happy nevertheless because she can answer that easily. 

 

 

"His mother is Venus, the Goddess of Love and his father is the God of war, Mars" she answered proudly. 

 

 

"Ok, that's correct. But what are you staring at a while ago?" Her teacher asked while looking through the window, looking for something that caught Joohyun's attention. 

 

 

"I'm sorry Ms. Hwang, I-I just wanted to know if .... it will rain today, and observed the sky" she said with a nervous laugh. It was the lamest alibi that Joohyun can create that time. She didn't know what to say after all. 

 

 

"Well, I'm pretty sure that it is very sunny today and I believed that there is a very low chance of rain in the season of summer" Ms. Hwang cleared  and went back to her lesson. 

 

 

Joohyun sighed in relief as she sat in her chair and glanced at Bogum one last time and decided to listen to the lesson now. She may be staring at the window for the half hour of the class, but she still cared for her grades and she is the top student of the school. She can easily catch up in the lesson. Then she noticed Joy and Wendy, staring at her, mouthing a "What's up with you?" With creased eyebrows. 

 

 

"Nothing, Nothing at all" Joohyun softly whispered. 

 

 

 


The sound of the bell, echoed through the silent corridors, hinting that it is already time for the students to go home. The corridor that were silent a moment ago, is now filled with students that is ready to go home. You can see some going towards their lockers, some were chatting with their friends and some of them were running like a kid being chased by their parents. A normal sight of a High school life. 

 

 

The trio is still in their classroom, fixing their things. 

 

 

"WHOOO! Finally, no more lectures for today!" Joy stretched and gave a contended smile. Joohyun just giggled while fixing her bag

 

 

"It's not like you're really listening to the lectures" Wendy teases and received a slap in the arm, by Joy of course. They continued to tease each other and then Joohyun stand in between them, before they start to choke each other. 

 

 

"Yah! Stop it already, and let's leave now" Joohyun exclaimed. Sometimes she thinks that they are both 5 years old masking a teenager, whenever they tease each other like that. But she is more than happy to have them by her side, because they are as cheerful as ever. She linked both of her arms to her two besties and dragged them out of the classroom. Joohyun can be clingy sometimes, No. Let me rephrase that. Joohyun is clingy most of the time. 

 

 

"Oh! Let's go to the Ice cream parlor today" Joy suggested while clapping her hands. 

 

"That's a great idea, I wanted to try their new menu today!" Wendy agreed and giggled but Joohyun frowned. 

 

"What's wrong? Why are you frowning?" Joy asked the moment she sees her friend frown. They are worried that Joohyun might have a problem. 

 

"I can't go today, I have a lot of things to do and the principal needs to see me immediately" 

 

"Ohh.. Is there a problem? Why is he looking for you?" Wendy asked with concern and confusion. 

 

"I don't really know, but if anything went wrong I will let you two know" She replied with a smile "You two enjoy yourself ok?"

 

"Oh ok, but what about Yeri? Whose gonna fetch her today?" Joy asked. 

 

"She texted me that she is having a school project with Saeron so she will be home latter than usual" Joohyun assured the two. 

 

"Is that so? Good luck then. Be careful on your way home ok?" Wendy said and patted Joohyun's back. 

 

"Ok mom!" Joohyun and waved them goodbye and proceed to the principal office. 

 

 

She is lucky to have an understanding best friend and smiled at the thought as she wonders if the two were already fighting by now. She stopped her thoughts when she realize that she's already on the floor because she bumped into someone and she wasn't really looking at her way.

 

 

"Ahhh.. " she hissed as she caressed her pained hips. 
And then she suddenly felt someone caressed her arms and spoke

 

 

"Oh! Are you ok? Are you hurt?" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter