Chapter 5

Stupid Cupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the incident in the soccer field, Wendy decided to follow Seulgi through the campus. She found the blonde standing in front of her locker, mumbling something and shuffling stuffs. She stood beside Seulgi, leaned against the locker and crossed her arms, making Seulgi finally look at her.

 

 

"I saw what you did back there" Wendy blurted out of nowhere, making Seulgi jolt. She wanted to be straight to the point. No. She has to.

 

 

"W-what.. d-do y-you mean?" Seulgi stuttered as she clenched to the locker door. She tried to hide her fear of getting caught by flashing her signature eyesmile.

 

 

"Don't 'What' me, Seulgi. And don't give me that look" She raises her right eyebrow and continued "I know you're cute... But that's not gonna work, so spit it out"

 

 

"I don't know what you're talking about" she shakes her head and gave Wendy a cute pout, trying to woo the latter.

 

 

"You know it Seulgi! Don't make me say it" She waited for Seulgi to respond but she received none. She sighed, knowing that Seulgi wouldn't admit it.

 

 

"I know that you are a Cu-" Wendy's eyes grew wide when she felt a hand in , refraining her to continue.

 

 

"WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT?!" she whispered rather loudly so that it won't caught much attention.

 

 

Seulgi examined her surrounding and found out that there were too many students in the hall so she dragged Wendy outside the campus and head to the back of their school where no one can find them.

 

 

"Look... " Seulgi paused and sighed "I really don't know what you're talking about" she raised her hand in the mid-air as if promising

 

 

"Then why did you drag me here?" Wendy smirked as she sees Seulgi's shocked expression.

 

 

"U-uh... Umm" Seulgi looked up trying to find a perfect alibi, but no words came out from . Wendy chuckled by the blonde's cuteness.

 

 

"Oh why are you so cute!" Wendy placed her two hands in Seulgi's both shoulders making the latter look at her. Seulgi was about to cry now as she remembers what will happen to her if her identity will be revealed.

 

 

"Remember! If any human finds out that you are a Cupid, you will loose your identity and will be a nameless soul"

 

 

"Baby Bear don't cry... You can trust me" Wendy said with a pleasing smile "Your secret is safe with me, besides you don't have to worry about Mr. Cu, you will not loose your identity, ok?" She hugged Seulgi like how a mother hugged their child whenever they're crying, trying to soothe her

 

 

"B-but h-how did y-you k-know?" She stuttered between sobs. "Are you a Cupid too?"

 

 

"Well... I am actually not, but I am a Guardian, Seulgi" The latter unlatched herself from the hug and gave Wendy a confused look.

 

 

"A Guardian? What do you mean?" She tilted her head a little, creased her eyebrows and pout as she question Wendy who just grabbed her hand and dragged her away from the campus.

 

 

 

 

They were now walking in the park with an ice cream in their hands, enjoying the fine weather. They sat on the park swing as they enjoy their ice cream. They shared a comfortable silence while watching some children play.

 

"Seungwan... " Seulgi called softly, she decided to break the silence, still curious of Seungwan's identity.

 

"Hmmm?" Seungwan hummed in reply but still not facing the blonde

 

"You didn't made it clear back there, I mean, what are you? Really?" She faced Seungwan with a curious look.

 

"I am a Guardian Seulgi. Guardian of the Cupids" Seungwan finally looked at her with a grin plastered in her face. She saw how Seulgi creased her eyebrows, hinting her to go on.

 

"A Guardian is the one who watch how the Cupids were doing here on earth, If they're doing their job right or fulfilling their mission but unlike you, I am a human" She ended her statement with a grin

 

"How come I didn't know that?" The blonde pouted like a five year old girl

 

"You will never know that Guardians exist unless you're already an official Cupid"

 

"Ahhh... " The blonde looked up in the sky trying to comprehend everything that Wendy has said. "But how... I mean, how did you end up being a Guardian?" She added.

 

"Hmmm... Good question" Wendy hummed and look away, trying to remember the night when she became a guardian. "It all started that one weird day... "

 

 

 

 

Seungwan was on her way to the park, to enjoy her time alone. She was about to cross the road when she saw a grandma, having a hard time walking because she has too many luggage to carry.

 

 

"Ummm... Halmeoni, let me help you with that" She said it with a smile and picked up luggage as many as she can.

 

"Oh thank you dear! How kind of you" the grandma said and smiled back at Seungwan.

 

"It's nothing Halmeoni, where are you heading to?" She asked kindly

 

"I'm going to the bus stop"

 

"Oh is that so? I'll you there then halmeoni" she started walking with the grandma with some luggage in her both hands.

 

"What's your name little angel?" The grandma questioned her as they reached the bus stop.

 

"It's Seungwan" she smiled at the grandma

 

"Seungwan? What a nice name. Thank you for helping me Seungwan-ah" The grandma was very thankful that Seungwan helped her to carry her luggage but before Wendy could ask the grandma's name, the bus has already arrived. She bid goodbye to Wendy and thanked her again for her kindness.

 

 

Wendy is now in front of the park's entrance and she saw a puppy lying near the trash bin. She quickly picked it up with a worried face.

 

 

"Aigoo, who dares to leave a cutie patootie here hmm? I'm so gonna kill that person. Poor little cupcake" the cuteness of the puppy made her chuckle and grin. She sat at the bench and placed the little puppy in her lap, she was caressing the puppy when she heard someone calling a name

 

"DUNGDUNGIE!! DUNGDUNGIEEE!! WHERE ARE YOU BOY?" Seungwan stared at the girl who was looking for something, she's wearing a black and white long sleeve tucked in a plain black skirt with a pair of white sneakers.

 

 

Seungwan was stunned by her beauty and didn't know that she was staring for too long until the puppy in her lap started

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter