[ 2 ] - Hidden

Discarded
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jiwoo had always been a shy girl.

She never opened up to anyone, and it was hard for her to make bonds with other people. 

'I must be the problem.' Jiwoo used to think.

But ever since she met Somin, Matthew, and Taehyung, her life turned upside down. She never met people like them before, but over time, Jiwoo perfectly blended in with the trio. They all became good friends, and now the four of them are utterly inseparable.

But, Jiwoo had a few problems with that.

 

"WHAT?!" Matthew screamed into his phone. "But why?"

"Like I said," Somin said for the nth time at the other end of the line. "It's gonna take a much longer time to fix your apartment. That's why you can't go back just yet."

"Wait, I don't understand. Isn't the only problem the door Taehyung here broke down?" Matthew asked, frowning at Taehyung who was beside him playing video games.

"About that... It seems like that’s no longer the only problem here. The repairers told me you'll have to empty out your apartment before they take over."

"T-they?" Matthew gulped. "Don't tell me... Is my apartment haunted? ." 

Somin could only roll her eyes. "Oh my gosh, Matthew. Ghosts aren't real."

"Yes they are! Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they're not there..." 

"ANYWAY," Somin interrupted before Matthew had a nervous breakdown. "I wasn't talking about ghosts. I meant termites - lots and lots of 'em. They were hidden so you probably didn't notice."

"Termites?" Matthew blinked several times. "But why would there be termites at my apartment?"

"Oh, I don't know. When was the last time you actually took some time to clean your place up?"

"And when did you start sounding like my mom?" Matthew whined. 

There was a silence.

"Somin, you there?" Matthew chuckled nervously.

"Y-yeah. I guess you'll be staying at Taehyung's even longer now, huh." Somin said, sounding disheartened.

"Why?" Matthew raised an eyebrow. "What's with that tone?" 

"N-nothing!" Somin coughed. "Anyway, let's just let the professionals handle the cleaning here. I'll go back home now. Don't forget to take the stuff you need later here, okay?" 

"Yeah. Take care and thanks again, Somin.” Thanks a LOT for teaming up to break my door down, he thought.

"You're welcome bro!" Somin replied, and the call ended.

Suddenly, Taehyung stopped playing his video game and turned to Matthew. "So we'll be stuck together for the next few weeks..."

Matthew stared at Taehyung and smirked. "Dude, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

Taehyung smiled back. “Oh heck yeah."

"SLUMBER PARTAYYYYYY!" the two of them shouted at the same time.

"...What the hell is happening over here, exactly?" 

"Jiwoo!" Taehyung called excitedly. "Um, why are you here?"

"Well, if I can recall correctly, you guys invited me over a while ago, but it turns out you only wanted someone to buy groceries for you. And now you forget about me?" Jiwoo glared, letting go of the plastic bags in her hands. "I can't believe this."

"Oh no." Matthew whispered.

The following hours consisted of the bo

Please log in to read the full chapter