[ 1 ] - Damaged

Discarded
Please log in to read the full chapter

Matthew has always been a morning person.

The moment his eyes open, his body automatically jumps out of bed. It's as if he has an alarm clock living inside his brain screaming "I'm ready!" every day. 

But for the past five days, it seemed like that alarm has broken.

FIVE DAYS. It's been five days since Matthew hasn't set foot outside his apartment. He can't remember when this peculiar feeling actually started, and he didn't really have a specific term for it either. All he knows is that it made him really lethargic and unmotivated for some reason. If it weren't for someone barging into his apartment on the fifth day, he probably wouldn't even get out of bed that day.

"What the heck?" Jiwoo shouted once she opened the door to Matthew's room. "Kim Matthew! You're alive! You've been answering none of our messages and calls for the past 122 hours! Oh my gosh, do you know how much we-"

Matthew barely paid attention to Jiwoo's nagging and proceeded to cover himself with layers of blankets, which Jiwoo quickly throws to the ground.

"Hey, listen when someone is shouting at you! What happened to you? And why does your house look like it's been robbed?" Jiwoo's expression quickly changed when she saw that the older was only wearing boxers. "And put on some clothes f-for crying out loud!"

"Why am I getting scolded by someone younger than me...?" Matthew grumbled, still laying in bed.

"Age doesn't matter at times like this." Jiwoo huffed furiously. "I seriously thought you were dead for days, and those are the first words I hear from you? Even a simple 'sorry' would suffice."

Matthew turned to Jiwoo with a frown, but soon tried his best not to laugh. "You... you thought I was dead? Jiwoo, I thought you were smarter than that~"

"Why you giant piece of-"

"HOLD UP!" Somin declared, entering the room.

"Somin?!" Matthew exclaimed, while deflecting Jiwoo's punches with pillows. "Why are you here too?"

"I am very disappointed in you, Matthew." Somin eyed Matthew, displeased. "Those boxers are clearly out of style!"

"What." Matthew and Jiwoo said in unison.

"And Jiwoo's right. You don't speak or act like that to a lady - regardless of age." Somin added with her arms crossed.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day where the word 'lady' and 'Jiwoo' would coexist in the same sentence." he teased.

Jiwoo cracked her knuckles loudly but was stopped by Somin before she could annihilate Matthew entirely. 

"Matthew, be serious. What's wrong with you? This is totally unlike you." Somin gasped. "Don't tell me you're still mad about the time we told you CL died and you started cry-"

"NONONONONONONO. SOMIN, DO NOT BRING THAT UP EVER AGAIN." Matthew boomed, suddenly getting out of bed.

"Well the

Please log in to read the full chapter