Game of Trust

Blood and Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

*clears throat and smiles so wide*

 

NAMPUTS! DONGHAE IS BAAAACCCCKKKK!

 

*plays D&E’s Oppa Oppa*

Yeah baaaaby!!! Put your blue flags in the air and wave them para Royals may say! Haha! Look at your Royals, our OTP. We stayed. We stayed patiently and painstakingly. So please, jebal, save us from this drought!!! Kahit isang like o tweet man lang dyan!!!

 

And Super Show 7 in Manila!!! Pleaseeee! I’m so excited for Hae and Hyukkie’s projects! Makes me forget for a bit what happened to Sungmin. Hm. Suju Fighting!

 

But go on, read. Keke. Lideo means leader, ok? Hihi.

 

Oh Donghae, my love ~~~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Aigoo.” He groaned to himself for the nth time that morning. “What kind of a woman would say that to a man?” His lips were pouting as he pondered her every word yesterday. He was sitting crossed legs at the center of his grand prison’s bed.

 

 

 

 

Let me protect you.

 

 

 

 

 

“Let me protect you?” He repeated shyly although no one could actually see him but the inanimate objects around. “Seriously? It should be the guy who’d be saying that.”

 

Donghae’s restlessness just piled up and more as a minute passed by on his stay in The Lair. He was starting to believe that Lee Shinwoo is his real father. Dara showed him his DNA result, although he was also thinking of their great capability of deceiving people and faking it but . . .

 

He guessed, even them wouldn’t be able to fake the warmth he felt as he remembered the faces of his father and older brother, Lee Minho.

 

They’re my family. That he was beginning to believe.

 

But this is not my home. That he was just sure of.

 

His family tree depicts that of the most wanted list in South Korea, and he was starting to pray for all of them to receive eternal peace and forgiveness in the afterlife. He might’ve belonged here, but that didn’t mean he would just swallow everything wholeheartedly and be the leader of the Lost Anima! He’s just a zookeeper!

 

And then there’s that woman . . .

 

The reddened face and dark cloud appeared once again on top of him.

 

She pointed a gun on my head and said she’ll protect me? He thought deeply. “Shouldn’t I be the one that needs protection from her?”

 

He massaged his temples as this morning headache started to greet him. But come to think of it . . . His eyes wandered around the four corner of his room. “If I’m really being kidnapped, then isn’t this too nice of them?” He was staying in this 5-star hotel room like and they’d been supplying him tasty food, not once they did hurt him.

 

Leader . . .

 

All their actions now made a bit sense. Of course, if they really believe he is the leader of some big shot group, they wouldn’t really hurt him. “Can I use this impeccable trust of them to escape?” His lightbulb just , but then put a hand on his mouth, turning his head everywhere. Is there a CCTV here hidden? They cannot hear me.

 

“Good morning!”

 

He was startled that he almost jumped out his bed. Donghae stared at the guy smiling brightly on him that morning. He remembered him.

 

“I’m Kang Daesung, remember me?”

 

Donghae just nodded thoughtlessly at his friendly behavior.

 

“Let’s go.” Daesung said as he clapped his hands, looking so excited.

 

“Where?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I really do apologize for the inconvenience that the room had given you for the past six days.” Daesung started to explain as they walked through the long corridors of the Lair’s second floor. “Supposedly, it was a room for the guest Pawns since Kiko thought that your room in the third floor wasn’t ready yet last week.”

 

Donghae could only stare at the back of the guy as he followed him from behind. He was scolding himself on why he was following him like a puppy in the first place. This was his chance to escape! He didn’t listen to whatever the man was telling him as he studied the grand mansion’s possible exits. He finally saw the two long staircases that reached the third and fourth floor. Daesung was heading there as he kept on talking about something like the air-conditioner and wallpaper. Donghae held his hands on a pushing position at the back of Daesung, calculating his moves. He bit his lower lip as he tried to envision his escape plan. He would push Daesung in time when he was going up the third floor and he would take the chance to run his life down to stairs and reached the main door at the ground and climbed the gates.

 

Yeah. That could work just fine.

 

“Breakfast is ready. We’re just waiting for you to . . .” BLAH. BLAH. BLAH.

 

Daesung took a step on the stairs and Donghae had his hands ready to push him.

 

“It is an American breakfast style, so I hope you’ll like it.” The two already reached the third floor.

 

The whole time of going up, Donghae had his hands near his chest, looking like he was about to dance rather than his original plan.

 

He couldn’t do it.

 

He sighed, feeling tired after that what he thought as life and death moment. He really thought it could work but . . . Donghae put his hands on his back, staring at the guy still talking energetically. He’s way too nice to be pushed on the floor. Sighed again.

 

“Oh.” Daesung stopped, taking his vibrating phone out. He looked back at Donghae and smiled. “Will you excuse me for a second?”

 

Donghae nodded in hesitation, as he turned his back on him.

 

“Where are you going?” Daesung asked in confusion.

 

Donghae looked back again, pointing at nowhere. “I thought you want to be-”

 

Daesung smiled kindly again. “Yes, but I’ll be the one to leave for a while. You can stay here. You’re the boss. I’ll just talk to a friend briefly.”

 

With that, he was left alone once again. Donghae watched him turned left and entered and disappeared. He walked towards the smooth wooden balustrade and his eyes were fixed on the gigantic and elegant chandelier hanging all the way down to the second floor. His head was bobbing up and down, appreciating its beauty. Its lights were off that the crystals, rubies, and gold shone against the sunlight from the glass ceiling. Come to think of it, the fourth floor’s ceiling looked that of a cathedral’s one. “It’s bigger than our elephant in the Mokpo Zoo.” He said, as he held out a hand to touch it.

 

His right hand froze as he caught something that reflected on the crystals.

 

An old man.

 

He swiftly whipped his head and looked at the fourth floor. An old man on a black suit with his back on him was walking away from the top floor’s railing.

 

Donghae did not clearly see the man’s face, but the wind whirling around him became cold. He could hear the beating of his own heart as he took a short glimpse of the only family that he has now.

 

“Halabeonim.” The word naturally came out his lips as his feet began to drag him towards the staircases.

 

He waited for this day. He waited for someone he could call as his family. The astonishment on his face grew wider as he was about to take a step up on the top floor.

 

“Woah, woah, woah!” Daesung almost shouted as he ran towards Donghae. “What are you doing?”

 

Donghae still had the smile and the hopeful look as he replied, “I think I saw my grandfather. He was standing right there!” He pointed at the emptied balustrade. “I just want to meet him. Does he know that I’m-”

 

“Leader.” Gone was the friendly smile on Daesung’s face. “Your grandfather will meet you on the day of The Bartering.”

 

Donghae turned to him with confused look. “Why?”

 

“That is his order.” Daesung politely bowed.

 

Donghae glanced up, wearing still the hope of meeting him. “Even just for a second? I’ll be quick. Just a glance?” He tried still.

 

“The top floor only belongs to the reigning leader of Lost Anima. Right now, you’re not ready to face him.” Daesung bowed again, but he noticed the utmost disappointment on their future leader’s face. He really is different. He felt like talking and facing an innocent boy lost in the world’s darkest place. “But don’t worry,” smiled Daesung again. “When you succeed,” That means when you forget your past self and embrace darkness. “You will be able to go up the top floor and rule there.”

 

Donghae was still staring at the place where his grandfather stood a while ago. “When that happens, will I be able to live there on the top floor with him?”

 

Daesung grew quiet at his question. “No.” He had no choice but to answer him in all honesty. “Your grandfather will have to stay back here in the third floor, the Zenith’s floor. Just like when your brother, Minho, took over Lost Anima and ruled at the top.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“We’re here!” Daesung announced happily, as they stood outside a huge white door. “This will be your room until you’re ready to be at the top.” He tried it hard to ignore the sad look in the man’s eyes. He never had to deal with Lee Minho, looking a bit sad.

 

That guy was never sad.

 

Moving up the fourth floor, former leader, Minho even threw an all-out party in The Lair.

 

But in his younger brother’s case . . .

 

Daesung just wished he would like his room for now. “Open,” The doorknob clicked as he pushed it and lead him in. “Sesame!”

 

Donghae, who was looking so bothered on missing the chance of meeting his grandfather, momentarily looked frozen on his feet. The only part of his body that was moving was his eyes.

 

Left.

 

Right.

 

Up.

 

Down.

 

He could clearly see his reflection on the shiny floor. Donghae touched the sleek black sofa, now staring at the huge LED flat TV screen. He didn’t have a television box in his apartment in Mokpo. There was a billiard table, refrigerator, and wine bar on the right side of the living room. It really looked like another mansion inside a mansion.

 

He turned around and saw the bedroom. Same. It was in all black and it was incredibly awesome.

 

Daesung was silently thanking Lalisa’s skill on Interior Design. Donghae looked stupefied.

 

Donghae touched the soft comforter on the bed, and then looking at the balcony that faced the great Seoul. His eyes finally sparkled as he ran and opened the door, welcoming the mighty rays of sun. The view from his room was incomparable.

 

He was guessing his room was situated at the left side of the mansion. No gate or golden tombs could be seen. Just a peaceful vast of green, swaying dainty flowers, and a man-made Olympic size pool. He thought this must be where his family was organizing the birthday events.

 

“Did you like the room?”

 

Donghae turned to Daesung. He wanted to not look too much in awe but his face says it all. He looked like a kid in a carnival. Everything around him seemed so out of this world. Out of his league.

 

“It’s already 7:24.” Daesung said, looking at his watch. “The bathroom’s here.” He walked back and opened the other door across the balcony.

 

Donghae followed him and again his jaw dropped. Is this really a bathroom? There was a huge Jacuzzi tub and a separate shower area. There were scented candles lit that made it looked inviting for someone to use every single time. Why is there a TV here? There were mirrors everywhere that he felt embarrassed just by the thought of walking in this spacious bathroom. Even the black toilet bowl looked so suave.

 

“This is your wardrobe.” Daesung opened another door near the sink. “Knowing you got here without even a single shirt in your bag. Please do tell us if you still need anything.”

 

Donghae took a peep in it. It wasn’t a simple wardrobe. It looked like the men’s section of a department store! He looked back and forth at the three tall open cabinets with the different kind of shoes. Leather. Rubber. Sneakers. Flip-flops. For winter and the remaining three seasons, they’re all classified there! “Whose clothes and shoes are these?” He pointed hesitatingly at the wide array of clothes hanging and some neatly folded in the cabinets around him.

 

“Yours.”

 

“Huh?” He was dumbfounded. But I don’t have money for these. He wanted to tell Daesung.

 

“Oh! I almost forgot! Sorry.” Daesung took out what seemed a very thin tablet from his back. “Place your right palm here.”

 

Donghae just followed him and placed his palm.

 

“Left, please.”

 

After finishing, Donghae saw green lines that traced every detail of his both palms. “What is that?”

 

“Your key.”

 

“Key?”

 

“Yes.” Daesung smiled knowingly as he guided him near another closet. This time these were closed. He instructed Donghae to face a small black screen on the wall. The moment we stood in front of it, a static blue light appeared and then gone. “It’s sensory.” He told him. “Just put your palms on the screen,” He said and Donghae placed his right palm, not really understanding it. “Voila!”

 

There was a shelf for watches, rings, necklaces, and other accessory for men. The last few shelves stunned him even more. Guns. Different kind of them. “What?” He could only point at them.

 

Daesung followed his gaze. “You want more? I could arrange for-”

 

“No! No!” He took a step back, still his eyes glued at the cold variety of guns that seemed to be waving at him as a welcome greeting. “I-I won’t use those.”

 

The two stared at each other before Daesung smiled brightly again before taking the right hand of Donghae and then putting it on the black screen. “Who knows you might love them someday? Right?” The whole shelves automatically closed and made a locking sound.

 

“What? No-”

 

“Let’s move. Let’s move.” Daesung ushered him out the wardrobe before Donghae could even think of throwing the guns out. There’s just no way. It’s better that Zeniths have a dozen guns or so in their room. “We’ll be waiting for you in the dining area.”

 

Donghae still hadn’t moved on with the guns in his supposed room when he was welcomed by a group of men and women in black inside the bathroom.

 

Daesung walked towards the back of a young lady and placed his hands on her shoulders. “This is Lalisa, a Blackblood. She’s the one in charge of your room’s major renovation.” He lowered and whispered to her ears. “He didn’t like the guns in the shelves. Don’t tell him about the guns we placed beneath the floor of his bed and those in the living room. He doesn’t feel like using them as of this moment.”

 

“I get it.” Lalisa replied without tearing his look from the man in front of her. This is our leader.

 

 “I’ll leave lideo in your hands from the meantime, Lalisa.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“See you in a few minutes.” Daesung waved a friendly one and closed the bathroom door, leaving him with the scary looking people inside.

 

“Uhm.” Donghae gulped, not knowing what to do. What are they doing here?
 

“Let’s start.” Lalisa said, and that was when chaos happened. “Excuse us, lideo.”

 

Three big, brawny men approached Donghae and held him firmly on both hands, making him sit on the soft mat near the Jacuzzi pool. Two women the water in the Jacuzzi, one was pouring some liquid gel in it. Before Donghae could have any idea and scream at this sudden physical contact from men.

 

“This will be quick.” Lalisa told and three women in black walked towards Donghae with scissors, scrubbing materials, and waxing strips.

 

“Water is ready.” A woman announced.

 

“Wait, stop.” Donghae kept on trying to free from the hands of those men but when he thought he was about to succeed, he noticed how his shirt was tossed to the nearest garbage. When did they take my shirt off?! “W-w-wait!” His panic doubled when a lady knelt in front of him and began ing his pants. “No! No! No!” His zipper went down and he was trying to stand but the men stopped him from doing so. “Miss! Stop!” He was twisting his legs but no one was listening to his pleas.

 

“Calm down, lideo.” Lalisa said coolly from the back, nodding to the girl who was tasked on scrubbing his whole body.

 

“What ‘c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter