Flightless Bird

Blood and Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

'Cause it's a super fun long weekend! 


 

 

 

 

Dara passed the cars in a breeze. Her driving skills in the Lost Anima was just fine, not that noteworthy like Kwon Yuri. The latter was the most feared when it comes to road killing.

 

She finished sending a message to Grandfather before they even left Mokpo. Your grandson will arrive at 4:32 p.m.

 

This is our leader.

 

She needed not look and study the guy from head to toe.

 

Affirmative.

 

He’s the one.

 

They got the DNA result and all the comprehensive background checking.

 

After a good sleep, he had been sitting at the back with that face of wonderment at every establishment the car passed.

 

He’s a brother of Minho. The only heir left of the Lees.

 

Dara somehow glanced at him through the mirror.

 

It’s true. The resemblance of the late Lee Shinwoo, father of Minho, is there. Especially his eyes. He got his eyes from his father.

 

A flash of light came from her cellphone and saw a message from Daesung. Is he with you now? What is he like? An obvious dignified lion or a deceitful serpent in the making?

 

Dara read and then, glanced at his reflection again.

 

“Woah.” His body was twisted towards the back. “It’s the famous Seoul Tower.” He blurted in amusement while pointing at it that was now just a thin blinking line from a distance.

 

She returned her gaze to the road and made a smooth, quick turn to the left.

 

A flightless bird. Her answer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hello! My name is Lee Donghae. I am 27 years old. I live in the Mokpo province. I am currently working at the Mokpo Zoo as a zookeeper. Aniyo.” Donghae frowned and shook his head. “I sound like a transferee introducing in front of the class. Again. Again.”

 

He put up a bright smile. “Good morning! I’m Lee Donghae from Mokpo Province. Joining the Big Brother’s House is truly life changing for me. Although I lack social skills and I only have one close friend as of the moment, I hope to be close with the other housemates. I’m very approachable. I like to cook and clean the house. I’m very trustworthy too and will do my best- Aiyo. Why do I sound like applying for a houseboy or something?” He made a face to himself and cleared his voice again. “Be cool.”

 

“Yo! Donghae here!” He made a salute to no one. “Joining this show is not even in my wildest dreams. Guess, I got so lucky.” He scratched the tip of his nose and smiled a smug one. “The manager who came to me said that I looked very charming, so girls,” Paused. “Watch out.” And winked.

 

“No way.” He groaned and facepalmed himself. “I’ll be the most hated person in the history of TV.” He took a deep breath and raised his head again with a new kind of determination. “Just be myself. Only speak the truth.”

 

He bowed this time. “Annyeonghaesayo. My name is Lee Donghae from the Mokpo Province, 27 years old. I never dreamed of joining any contest, much more a reality show on a huge broadcast channel. Simply because, I’m not really the type. I lack confidence and social skills that people call me a weird and loner at times. So, why I am here? It’s not even about the price or finding true love which my friend suggested.” He glanced to his feet and smiled. “It’s just me taking the chance of meeting my father and who knows, possible big and wonderful family. With this show, I hope they would see me and wait for me,. Even just for a moment, I would like to meet my family, especially my father. Doing so, it will surely make me complete.”

 

Donghae didn’t know he got lost in his own thoughts when a car honked beside them. Did I sound too pathetic? I don’t really want to mark as the most pitiful housemate. He thought. He shifted to his seat and saw a pair of peculiar eyes looking at him from the rear-view mirror. Donghae was about to smile to her but she looked away before he could even do so.

 

He cleared his voice and sat up straight. “Annyeonghaesayo. My name is Lee Donghae.” He actually introduced himself four times already but not once she, the driver and his said to be road manager introduced herself. “What’s your name?”

 

A minute just passed and they stopped on the red light.

 

Awkward.

 

Donghae hesitantly turned to his window car and looked at some teenage boys going home from school. He glanced to her again with narrowed eyes.

 

A road manager.

 

That was what the talent scout told him on the phone. After his encounter with her, he couldn’t be more confused on why a lady was standing alone and staring at his very soul in the middle of the night. Add to that, she didn’t even look an inch scared or surprised that she just witnessed a crime! Yeah. Pickpocketing. But she just stood there and waited for him to stand and compose himself. When Donghae opened his mouth to ask her what just happened to the thief that flew in front of him, she handed him a phone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter