Chapter Twenty-Two

The Treaty of the Three Clans
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After that day, Junghee dropped by her aunt and uncle’s house to pay them a visit.  She walked through the front as her feet dragged themselves to the kitchen, while removing the strap from her handbag around her neck, Junghee looked from each side to search for them.  She heard noise coming from the pantry, their housemaid was walking out with every ingredient she could take.

“Oh! Ajumma, I’ll help you.” Junghee removes most of the items, revealing her friendly face.

“Thank you, miss.” Everything was spread out along the island, Junghee turns around as her lips turn into a pout.

“Aii, ajumma! How many years had it been already? I told you, you could call me by my name. We are basically family here.” The young lady wraps her arms around the housemaid, holding her in a hug.  Junghee kissed her along the cheek, “There’s the smile I remembered.” grinning back at her.

Continue to the expanse of the kitchen, Junghee plots her lower body on the bar stools, laying her elbows on the counter on the island, watching the ajumma making dinner while eating her snack.

The middle-aged woman looks up, glancing at Junghee, “This reminds me of the old days; where you come from training, exhausted.  But you were never tired enough to watch me fix up dinner.”

Giggles breaks out as Junghee lowers her head, “I remembered.  You made it better after the tough days of training.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter