Chapter Nineteen

The Treaty of the Three Clans
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sitting on top of a wooden branch, Junghee watches the sky shifting into the dark, changing its shades of amber yellow & orange into a light tangerine.  The light had diminished as the gleaming moon and stars appear in the sky, footsteps, taking their time walking towards her halting at the body of the tree.  They swiftly move to the front, the words flow out in the air while Sungmin stands below, embracing his back on the pith of the tree.

“How did I know you’ll be here.” A small smile appeared on her face as she lowers her head downward.  “When you were a child, you would be nowhere been found and your aunt and I would go crazy to just to find you, realizing you were safe and sound sitting in a tree, gazing at the moon.” Junghee chuckles.

“Strangely it keeps me calm.”

“It’s part of you.” Her head nods along his comment while keeping her eyes along the glimmering moon.  Sungmin climbs up the tree, putting his body upon the tree branch. He slides his hands against hers, holding them in care, “Sweetheart, you know that I would have done anything to protect you and your aunt.  I wanted to pack away all of the pain, this was ours… it was my fault to think so easily that he was dead. I wanted to keep you safe.” Junghee slips out one of her hands out of his grip, wiping his tears off.

“I know, but soon or later the whole world would have known that he’s back and fighting with the three of you isn’t the greatest idea.” Sungmin chortled a laugh as Junghee place her head against his shoulder.

A few seconds later, a voice suddenly jumps out. “Yep, he has softened.” Both heads turned to the side while Sungchul and the others stand before the tree.

“How much did you hear?”

“Mm..  Not much, only enough to leak out that you definitely went soft.”

“Cloud soft.” Youngsik joins in the taunting. Everybody laughs while Sungmin unamused expression stayed still.

“Alright, alright.” Sungmin and Junghee dropped down from the tree landing so very graceful, light a feather unlike a normal human.  They walked out front to the whole group, she stands here

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter