Chapter 1 : The Encounter

Their Guardian //BTS FANTASY//

 

 

It was a eerie Friday night, a night filled with an air of suspense and anticipation, as if waiting for something special to take place, when Kim Ara entered the nearest convenience store for a quick bite. The cashier stepped out for a bit as Ara seated herself on a chair and began slurping the steaming ramyeon she had paid for while calling her best friend, Ahn Sasha, ignoring the tinkling of the bell on the door as 7 boys, adorned in worn winter coats and masks, shuffled in and piled themselves on the table facing the window of the store.

 

 

Swallowing her mouthful of ramyeon, Ara smiled at her friend who looked horrible on FaceTime.  Sasha was lying on the familiar black couch, her hair a mess, dresses in an oversized hoodie with a couple of nuts in her hand. 

 

Enthusiastically greeting her, Ara continued to finish her meal, while listening to her friend chapter on about anything and everything, wondering how she could transform from a sloth a hyperactive child on a sugar rush. 

 

They had been catching up for about 30 minutes when someone bumped into Ara's chair, startling her, before he hurriedly apologised and made his way to the restroom. Ara's eyes unconsciously trailed his figure, lingering on his brown hair intermixed with pink strands which stood out. Her eyes widened when she thought she saw a small spark jump off his fingers and onto the rack containing oil but before she could think more on it, Sasha gained her attention with her melodramatic sobbing at being dumped by her friend. She took her eyes off the spot where she had supposedly seen a spark and in that second, the whole oil rack burst into flames.

 

 

 Are was thrown out of her seat and pressed herself against the floor, the sudden heat scorching behind her as her grip tightened on her phone, ignoring the frantic cries of her friend. The sudden explosion left her disoriented as she tried to stand up, dimly aware of the 7 boys that had entered earlier, being rushed out through the window that they had broken, by a guy with purple hair.

 

Ignoring their shouts for her to get out of there, her eyes widened as she cast a glance at the group huddled out in the streets staring at the burning Seven/Eleven which was threatening to be engulfed by the flame, trying her best to ignore the heat of the flames. They were missing one person and if she wasn't mistaken, he was still in the restroom!

 

 

She made a mad dash for the door that led to the restrooms, avoiding objects on fire, while being completely oblivious to Sasha's demands to get the hell out of there as she stared into the brown eyes of the guy that pinkish-brown hair who was now gazing desperately at her through the glass, pounding on it in an attempt to break it. Wrapping her grey hoodie around her hand, Ara tried the door knob but it didn't budge. Aware of the store that threatened to crumble down and the mysterious stranger's pleading eyes, she kneeled on the tiled floor before concentrating on the door knob. Picturing the inner workings off the handle, she used her power to shift the tiny mechanism that was stuck in place, obstructing the handle from working properly in a matter of seconds, seconds she really couldn't afford to spare. 

 

 

Throwing the door open, she grabbed the guy by his hand before pulling him through the burning building, ducking and weaving through the smouldering ruins, unaware of his shocked, grateful and suspicious gaze that lingered on her form. Just before the building exploded, she pushed him though the broken window into the arms of his friends before vanishing into the shadows, disappearing in the nick of time. 

 

 

Cracking open her eyes which she had tightly shut, she heaved a relieved sigh as she took in the familiar surroundings of her neighbourhood. Ara thought that she wouldn't have made it in time but thankfully she did. She had Vanished just in time. Tiredly entering her house, she shrugged off her shoes and climbed up the stairs that led to her room before collapsing on her bed, not bothering to take off her hoodie nor her black skirt which smelled of smoke. Rolling on her comfortable and soft bed she let out a contented sigh. Finally, there was peace and quiet.

 

 

 

-

 

 

There was no peace and quiet. Not in the boys' house, which was actually an abandoned warehouse that had been refurnished, while Namjoon and Seokjin took turns in yelling at a sullen Jungkook who had the decency to look at least slightly abashed. Yoongi sighed as he rolled over on her bed before getting up at an antagonising rate. Shielding his eyes from the blinding light, he leaned against the door frame and gazed at their maknae with an unblinking, cold stare. Ruffling his black intermixed with blue hair, he walked over to where Jungkook stood with his head hanging and slung an arm around his shoulder.

 

"Give the kid a break," Yoongi said lightly, "he knows what he did was wrong and he probably won't repeat it again, right maknae?" His fingers dug into Jungkook's collarbone as the younger mutely nodded, his eyes filled with a dying fire. Namjoon heaved a sigh before flinging himself onto the worn brown couch, his hand resting on his black eyes that had had appeared as stormy could during Jungkook's scolding as Jin went to get themselves some water.

 

 

Young internally cracked a small smile at how easily the tension was diffused, especially when he saw Namjoon and Jin both hug the youngest to death, before exiting the living room for some much needed sleep which Jimin, Taehyung and Hoseok were clearly not deprived of, seeing their passed out states in their room which had managed to sleep thought Namjin's shouting. Snuggling under his covers, Young's lips curved into a gummy smile as he drifted off. Oh, how he loved sleep, his number one friend.

 

 

 

-

 

 

She hated sleep, her mortal enemy.

 

Sleeping had caused her to revisit an old memory, a painful one at that. Shrugging off her memories which she decide were best not to delve into, Ara readied herself for a day of gruelling torture filled with Spanish interrogations, cover stories, infiltrating and surviving, also known as school.

 

Her essentials in hand she vanished from the shadow she had been standing in after consuming an apple and piece of toast. Opening her eyes, she was shocked to see herself in an unfamiliar environment. She had expected to find herself in the Korean School for Talented Individuals (KSTI), not a place that looked suspiciously like a warehouse inhabited by a couple of boys, judging by the huge shoes that were tossed around the room along with articles of clothing that were definitely too big for a female unless they were of big frames. Ara cautiously wondered around the living room, she wasn't sure if it was the living room, taking in the pictures that filled the walls, the odd trinkets that lay scattered everywhere which she had the misfortune of stepping on.

 

 

Her finger trailed over the couch as she heard a door creak open. Not turning around, she waited to see what would happen and was pleasantly surprised to sense a huge fireball heading her way. Without turing around, she felt the fireball disintegrate once it crossed her shadow. A cocky smirk pulled at her lips as she turned around, taking in the shocked, confused, angry and suspicious expressions which were all overshadowed by the awe that pained their handsome features.  

 

Wiggling her eyebrows at them, Ara said, humour clearly evident in her voice.

 

 "What's up boys?"

 

 

 

//////////

 

 

I tried hinting at some of the guys' elements. Comment if you figured them out. HOPE YOU LIKED IT. R&R\

Andrianna2016