Chapter 2 : Vague Introductions

Their Guardian //BTS FANTASY//

WARNING : CURSING AHEAD

 

 

- Jin's Narration - 
 

 

 

He had known that it wasn't going to be an ordinary day, not with it starting it the way it did, a morning filled with an eerie atmosphere as if the entire world was waiting with bated breath, waiting for what, he did not know. It had felt the same way last night, when he and the boys had entered the convenience store. Thinking back on the previous day's events, Jin massaged his throat which was sore from all the yelling he had done.

 

 

 

 

Jungkook was certainly not an easy kid to deal with, considering his age where all the aggressiveness is present, amplified due to his element. At least he was remorseful, considering his actions could have brought upon unfavourable consequences. What if The Government had decided to do away with all of them, because Jungkook couldn't control his ability to produce fire at will, by citing that a bigger and fatal incident could have happened if they weren't lucky like they had been last night when Jungkook set a convenience store on fire by accidentally lighting an oil rack with a small spark?

 

 

 

 

And now entering their house, Jin felt the same way he had felt when he and the other guys had stared at the girl in a grey hoodie and black skirt, yelling at her to get out, the previous night. A feeling of want, a sense of neediness, familiarity and an indistinguishable bond that he desperately wanted to rekindle. As it turns out, he was right in thinking that their lives were never going to be normal when they found the girl who had saved Jungkook, in their living room.

 

 

 

 

None of them reacted because they didn't know how to react. Never had a girl, or anyone for that matter, willingly approached simply due to what they were. They were the society's outcasts, the scum that people didn't want anything to do with, the dark beings that they all feared. They were BTS, a group of elementals who were scorned and ostracised by the public. 


 

 

 

Her back was towards them and Jin didn't know how he knew it was her nor did the other guys, well, except for Jungkook, who on seeing an intruder in their midst, conjured a fiery fireball and sent it at her unsuspecting back clad in a pale pink hoodie, which would have made Jin smile if the situation wasn't so hostile.
 

 

"JUNGKOOK!!!"
 

"NO!!!"
 

"WATCH OUT!!!"
 

 

 

 

In the end, their cries of warning were for naught, judging by how the fiery fireball simple dissipated upon entering the girl's personal space and Jin's eyes comically widened until he resembled a squirrel. A relieved sigh escaped his lips before he immediately rounded on the maknae and whacked him on the head. Hard.  
 

 

 

 

Jungkook emitted a whine of indignation and glared at Jin, before cowering at the elder's stern face. Internally squealing at how the sixteen-year-old looked like a kicked puppy/rabbit, Jin's attention was caught when the girl spoke, wiggling her eyebrows.
 

 

"What's up boys?" 
 

"The skylight." 
 

 

 

Jin snorted. Trust Taehyung to diffuse the tension by answering the question literally. The girl looked slightly disappointed as she said, "Normally people reply with 'the ceiling' or 'the sky' given the surroundings but okay."

 

 

Jin watched as she plopped herself  on their couch and swung a leg over the other and made herself comfortable. As she was not a girl who was into wearing extremely short clothes, her black basketball shorts made Jin's respect for her rise a notch. 
 

 

"Name's Kim Ara by the way. Nice to meet you."

 

That was all it took for Namjoon to snap. 

 

 

"Who are you? How did you get in here? What are you doing here? How did Jungkook's fireball not burn you. How did it disintegrate?" 
 

 

Namjoon paused from his rapid-fire-drill questions and Jin watched as Ara immediately jumped in.

 

 

"Woah! Lot of questions. Like I said, I'm Kim Ara, the new transfer student. As to your next two questions, I don't know. I just Vapourised and the next thing I know, I'm here. And I think you know why the fireball didn't harm me because clearly, I am an elemental."

 

 

 

Cue shocked silence. 

 

Jin wasn't actually that surprised, considering he had a gut feeling that her explanation would be something along the lines of elementalists, but it was fun to take in the boys' comical expressions and he saw Ara let a small grin paint her face as she also took in the disbelief, wariness and a little bit of hope, hope that he himself felt blossoming in his heart.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

'There is no more hope left.'

 

 

 

Are thought, as she gazed at the empty pack of sweet and sour candy, which on opening, had been snatched out of her hand by Jin. Just minutes ago, well 2 hours ago actually, there had been a hostile atmosphere, during which the introduction were conducted and Ara had learnt  all of the boys' elements. Namjoon, apparently the unofficial leader, had made all of them take a seat for a civilised conversation, but all of that went out the skylight when Ara had produced a sweet and sour candy pack from her hoodie pocket, causing Jin to snatch it and in seconds, he and Taehyung had finished all her candy. Are pouted in dismay and swore to never eat anything in from of the two pigs.

 

 

 

Her food was her lifeline and the next time they stole her food, she would murder them, disregarding their handsome faces that made her want to stare at, endlessly.

 

 

 

 

The small, friendly (Ara doubted it, Jin and Taehyung looked as if they were in a survival contest) squabble between the duo slightly broke the ice, as much as it could with Jungkook literally glaring at her with fiery eyes. He was emitting heat, boiling the living room with overloading hotness, showing how much Ara's relaxed and at ease state was bothering him, causing Ara to smirk as she knew that he was reaching his end point with his patience and she was right.

 

 

 

 

"Prove it." He suddenly  growled and Ara cocked an eyebrow, surprised at how low his voice could go, contrasting with his innocent, bunny-like face before complying, aware of the other boys' intent eyes.

 

 

 

 

Closing her eyes, she inhaled deeply and as she exhaled slowly, a small but powerful black ball of light formed in her hands. Hoseok, who had used every opportunity to distance himself from her throughout meeting her, shut his eyes and gasped as a small white ball of light formed in his hands. Opening her eyes, Ara and the rest watched as the black light ball rose into the air along with its counterpart, hovered for a second before colliding with the white light ball. 

 

 

 

The two meshed to form the yin-yang symbol and Ara smirked as it becomes clear that Dark was overpowering Light. Dark consumed the light for a second, and the boys' mouths fell open at the ethereal sight, before it drew back, breaking the yin-yang formation and returned to Ara who simply absorbed the pure elemental energy. 

 

 

Hose shuddered slightly as his elemental energy returned back to him, slightly pulsating more with energy. 

 

 

 

"That was.. WOW. How did you do that? We can barely control our powers. How did you suddenly make Hoseok-hyung do it?" asked Jimin, barely controlling his excitement. 

 

 

Taehyung joined him in his attempts at pestering her to reveal her secret. She just ignored them and stared at the others, asking them silently if they believed her now. By their expressions, she was sure that they were past being suspicious of her. Well, she hoped. 

 

 

 

Realising she had zoned out for a second or two, she only caught the last word that Yoongi muttered to Namjoon. 

 

"What's the government got to do with this??

 

 

This question caused the two pestering children to pause along with the others. 

 

 

There was silence, which made Ara think she had asked a forbidden question, before Jin spoke, his voice taut with emotion. 

 

 

"The Government is the reason for our suffering, the reason why we're imprisoned in their hellhole of a school created for the sole purpose of caging us and keeping tabs on us. "

 

 

"The reason why the entire society views us with contempt, fear, and disgust, because in their eyes, we are abominations, freaks of nature. We do not deserve to live simply because of what we were born with. The Government is the enemy, the ones trying to oppress us in the guise of aiding us in honing our talents. Th reason why we're stuck in this old warehouse with nowhere to go because no-one would even think of accepting us."

 

 

 

"And The ing Government is the reason why we have to endure hell everyday at this horrid excuse for a school, as their targets and punching bags, simply because we can not defend ourselves, even if we waned to."

 

 

 

 

As he spoke, Ara's heart constricted tightly, unable to imagine what they had to go through. The loneliness and the pain was evident from his voice and the boys' dark expressions, that hid their broken souls, broken after reaching their breaking point, that The Government though that they were entitled to breaking made Ara sure that if they were going to continue in that line of thinking, she would be the one doing the breaking, this time, it being their necks.

 

 

 

In that moment, Ara swore that she was going to protect these guys who deserved better, who deserved everything that had been denied of, and to answer their silent plea and Save Them, because she is, was and always will be;

 

 

Their Guardian. 

 

 

 

 

 

//////////////

 

 

hope you like it

Andrianna2016