Chapter 3 : Light and Dark

Their Guardian //BTS FANTASY//

-

 

 

Just as she promised herself this, a storm cropped up out of nowhere, causing a certain someone's eyes to glow faintly. After the introduction of The Government, conversation had dulled until the presence of the unexpected storm. Ara looked up through the skylight before standing up from her seat on the couch.

 

 

"I'll be leaving then." Nodding at the guys, she was about to Vanish, when she felt a warm hand on her forearm startling her mid-Vanish. Her closed eyes flew wide open as she pulled the owner of the hand towards her in an attempt to prevent Splinching but it was too late, she could already see her house forming around her. Changing her mind from her home to the boy's warehouse, she could feel herself wrap her arms around the male to the best of her abilities as they materialised back at the warehouse. 

 

 

The duo crashed on the living room floor in front of the shocked boys, A pained groan was heard as Ara raised her head off whoever's neck she was nuzzling in and stared into the fiery eyes of Jungkook. Balancing herself on her hands place  on either side of his head, she glared at him.

 

"What the hell were you thinking? You could have died?"

 

 

His eyes momentarily widened before he smirked cockily, "You're not going anywhere until I get answers," before flipping her so that she was on her back and he was pinning her down. Ara glowered at him, trying to free her wrists out of his tight hold but in vain.

 

  "You're definitely not going anywhere anytime soon. Have you looked outside?" Jin asked as Ara pointedly looked at him for help to remove an ,admittedly hot, pig off of her but he began a conversation with himself on how people these days thought of storms as drizzles.  

 

 

 In a last-ditch effort, she attempted to Vapourize and could feel her body protesting as Jungkook's eyes widened, resembling a bunny, when he began to see through her body and he removed his hands away from her flickering wrists. 

 

Just as he let himself fall lower to the floor, she reappeared and both their eyes crossed when they realised that their noses were touching and that there was practically no distance between them. Ara reacted quickly, practically kneeing the boy in the balls before pushing him off of her. 

 

Addressing Jin, she said, "I'll take the couch then," ignoring the boy on the floor. Jin just nodded, looking at Jungkook in concern.

 

"I'm sure he'll be alright."

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

He wasn't alright. 

 

He had been feeling uneasy, from the moment they had walked into the warehouse. It felt like something was pushing and pulling on his soul. It calmed him but made him anxious at the same time. It felt like yin and yang were present in his soul.

 

Desperate for something to ease his parched throat, he eased himself off his bed, careful not to wake Jimin who was sleeping in the bed next to him, and made his way to the kitchen, a ball of anxiety bubbling in his chest.

 

It was dark. 

 

He couldn't see anything and wasn't brave enough to venture and find the light switch, plus, he was pretty sure that there was a power outage, which lead to him blindly feeling around for the wall. Using this method, he finally reached the kitchen.

 

 

Ignoring the churning ball of anxiety, threatening to engulf him, he felt the air around him change. It was like the entire world had stopped spinning and everyone was focused on this moment. 

Anticipation, for something he was unaware of. 

 

 

 

And then, for a brief moment, they collided. 

 

 

He jumped back as far as could, uncaring of the sudden sting of pain as his back rammed against the cold kitchen sink, his entire being on fire. Scrambling back, he tried to escape from the person in front of him in vain. There was nowhere he could go. Twitching wildly, he brought his hands to his heart that felt like it was being pulled and pushed in every direction. Something was filling his soul, something powerful and warm

 

 

He could fell hands touching him, cradling his head to prevent him from banging it against the wall. He tried his best to shake their hands off of him. Writhing on the floor, he could feel that he was on the verge of passing out. The inexplicably familiar presence was threatening to overwhelm him, to drown him and make him succumb to its power. It had change from comforting to intoxicating. Seeing a bright, white, light intent on engulfing his vision, he outstretched his hands, hoping for someone to save him, his body about to give in.

 

 

It was like his soul was being detached from his body. Faintly, he felt the owner of the warm hands, which were holding his weakly thrashing limbs down, straddle his waist. He had unknowingly slid down, the cold floor relieving his feverish body. His energy ran out, his arms fell to his sides and his eyelids were fluttering when cold, small hands cupped his face and he felt slightly chapped lips being placed on his.

 

 

 

He could literally feel the shift in the atmosphere, the shift in his body. It was like they were absorbing the new presence through his mouth. The white light was receding, his soul was being tethered back to his body and he could feel his power build up in him. This time, his power thrummed and pulsed, the familiar and welcomed yellow light bathing him and his surroundings. 

 

 

The dark presence was almost gone when he felt those tantalisingly chapped lips stop kissing him, leaving an unexplainable desire for more, resonate within him. 

 

 

If anyone had been overseeing the recording of the ISS Earth Observations at NASA, which was curiously empty, they would have see the green and blue planet, now black in colour, transform into a harmonious and balanced yin-yang symbol, followed by it being enveloped in a pleasant bright white light with a yellowish tinge, once the black sector retreated, a result of him giving into his desires and pulling the person in front of him for a passionate kiss, one that symbolised their balance and the fact that they completed each other. 

 

 

Quickened breaths filled the air, as his vision focused on Ara's features once his eyelids fluttered open, his hands tightening their hold on her waist, how they got there, he didn't know. 

 

 

Her lips were red, her clothes and hair were mussed but her eyes looked calm, reflecting his understanding of the surrounding ambience. About to prevent her attempt to clamber off him, he realised that their current was position wasn't the best to be in. Sitting up once she moved off of him, he belatedly realised that the ever-constant ball of nerves had disappeared and that he felt at peace for the first time, in a long time. Almost sincerely hopeful, if he were being honest.

 

 

"We are the opposites of each other."  Ara looked him straight in the eyes.

 

"Like yin and yang, we complement each other."

 

"So the others are like us as well? Fire and Ice or Water?" He was confused.

 

"Other elements work well with two or more elements. Fire and Ice as well as Fire and Water, for example. Whereas Light and Dark are truly compatible and are the representation of yin and yang at its finest."  She clarified. 

 

 

There was silence as he digested this information. He could hear the clock ticking and was surprised to see the kitchen and the living room filled with light. Gazing through the window adjacent to him, he noted that he could see nothing, meaning that that power was still not available. 

 

"Did I...?" He rose to his feet and approached the window to make sure his eyes weren't deceiving him.

 

 

"Light the entire warehouse with your powers? Yup." She was standing as well. He turned to regard her with confusion painted on his face. 

 

"Get some rest. We have a big day tomorrow." She patted him on the shoulder and made her way to the couch. 

 

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"We're going to be experimenting a little." She flashed him a smile before settling on the couch.

 

"Don't worry, it'll be fun."

 

He could only watch her doze off in bewilderment, his mind racing with thoughts which would not subside, even though it had been quite some time since he flung himself on his bed, suddenly feeling exhausted due to the influx of his power usage, intent on getting some sleep. 

 

 

Tomorrow would be a big day. He was certain of it.

 

 

 

 

 

////////

 

 

Anyone catch my Merlin reference? 

Hope you like it. I changed my writing style a little. 

Andrianna2016