Chapter 4 : Testing of Powers

Their Guardian //BTS FANTASY//

Full Credits to Iridescent_Usagi   

 

 

 

 

HOW DO YOU LIKE THE COVER. FULL CREDITS TO IRIDESCENT_USAGI 

 

Their hair is like how it is in the pics.

-



 

They were in the forest surrounding the warehouse, standing in a loose circle, with Ara in the middle. Nervous glances were cast at each other, clearly aware of the last time they had attempted to use their powers. 



 

Light was blazing, brightly.

Light was blazing, brightly

(and just for fun)

(and just for fun)

 

Water was restless, swirling.

Water was restless, swirling

 

Fire was ablaze with fervour.

Fire was ablaze with fervour

 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f46527a7935647750483535474e773d3d2d3430343431333539352e313530656434333832363737623633383439323335343239393134332e6a7067?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280

 

Earth was steady, anticipating.

(I'm going for the autumn vibe with Earth

(I'm going for the autumn vibe with Earth.)

Lightning was crackling, powerfully


Lightning was crackling, powerfully.

Lightning was crackling, powerfully


Ice was steely, apathetic

Ice was steely, apathetic

 

Air was aloof, yet thick with power.

Air was aloof, yet thick with power

 

And Dark..

 

Dark was confident.

 

Light went first, a blinding ball of pure light energy appearing in his hands, triggering surprised gasps when it sustained, illuminating the somewhat dark forest.

Water went next, a small sphere of churning water energy spluttering into life with the help of a bit of Dark's energy, a small puddle coming into existence under his feet. 

Fire, not to be beaten, cocked an eyebrow as scorching ball of fire that increased the surrounding temperature, appeared in his hands, bolstered thanks to Dark's support, a fact that wiped off his cocky smirk.

 

Earth, encouraged by Dark's smile, gave a smile of his own when a warm, green ball of Earth energy materialised in his hands, the plants around him gaining a bit of green colour in them.

 

Lightning's brows furrowed as a ball of greyish-yellow zapping energy manifested, sparks emitting slightly, a testament of his powers as a few clouds gathered over his head.

 

Ice's face remained impassive as  he created a ball of greyish-blue energy, the temperature dropping a few degrees as a result.

 

Air let out a small giggle of awe as a greyish-silver ball of his energy joined the 7 elements, a breeze rippling through them, completing the octet.

 

The sight of all the elements hovering in the air was mesmerizing, the atmosphere filled with a sense of delight, echoed by each elementalists' expressions.

 

Ara found herself slightly missing their sincere smiles once they were replaced with doubt, and mistrust in the case of Ice and Lightning, on hearing her request.

 

"Try to imagine your element moving forward towards the centre. Imagine them combining."

 

The boys closed their eyes and focused as did Ara, visualising all eight elements as one. Eyebrows strained, eyes screwed shut and hands clenched as they exerted themselves, feeling their power build up within them, approaching a when it burst. 

 

Each and every elemental energy disappeared into nothingness, releasing a huge wave of energy that swept each of them off their feet. Groans were heard as they heaved themselves up, Ara's wind-blown, ruffled  hair serving as a source of amusement for the youngest trio.

 

"I'm guessing we all can't bond at once," Ara muttered quietly before she was nearly run over by an angry Ice elemental by the name of Min Yoongi.

 

"Why the hell did you ask us to do that? We could have died!"

 

Ara was intrigued by how frost covered his slightly blue ears, lowering the temperature with his each pant. His  black eyes glowed with a tinge of silver and blue mixed in them. Hoseok, who was quick to hold him back, stared at Ara, hoping to convey a message. Ara gave a tiny nod as Jimin dragged Yoongi away from the complementing duo. 

 

Ara had seen what Hoseok had sensed. His element had moved forward, albeit it being a little, perhaps, a result of what had transpired last night. The aftermath of that nocturnal incident, a mark on her skin, radiated a pleasant warmth as did her hand when he helped her up.  His eyes confirmed that the effect wasn't one-sided. Her eyes flickered to his chest before doubling back up. His head inclined in affirmation. 

 

On both of their chests, above their hearts, were the tattoos of each other's element and the bearer's name.

 

They walked towards the huddled set of boys, in comfortable silence, raising eyebrows of those who had taken note of how Hoseok had reacted to Ara's presence from the second they had met her. Ara rummaged though her bag before handing out a couple of energy bars.

 

"Eat. I don't need you fainting from exhaustion and attracting attention."

 

Internally wincing at her blunt words which were of no help in her personal mission of getting them to trust her, especially the distrusting members of the close-knit septet, Ara wished she had phrased it better when she saw their faces, mainly the three youngests. Taehyung, in particular, looked crestfallen. Resolving to make it up to him later, they traipsed towards the hell-hole, looming high in the sky in clear sight. 

 

-





 

School was...

, to sum it up in one word.

 

Students avoided her as much as possible, some literally throwing themselves out of her way in fear of her shadow. Conversations stilled whenever she  made an appearance, her shadow working miracles at disciplining the student in ways teachers were half-envious of. 

 

She had separated from the boys, having been informed to make her way to the headmaster's office where a thin, pale man who was bald from, what Ara later learnt was, the guys', Taehyung and Jimin in particular's uncontrollable powers and the destruction left in their wake. Her given timetable was blank except for a room number inscribed in black ink, doing nothing to suppress her nerves.

 

Guided by the empty corridors, indicating that she was on the right path, Ara made her way to a door, vandalised with  graphic obscenities aimed at, what society labelled, "freaks." Inside, she caught the eye of Jin fiddling with a pink eraser, who gave her a warm smile once she entered, making up for the lack of welcome from the other occupant, Yoongi.

 

Her mind internally whirred, wondering if there was an underlying reason for  placing Jin and Yoongi in the same class other than them being closely related in terms of their elements, a result of the sudden forewarning that popped in her mind, cautioning her to never leave them alone in a room together without supervision. 

 

Seeing as Yoongi blatantly propped his leg on the chair besides him, a cocky smirk painting his lips, as if daring her to do anything about it, Ara took the only other vacant seat, next to Jin.

 

Conversing with Jin lead to time passing, as well as understanding their point of view regarding  The Government. They were expected to do nothing in the small, meaner classroom that could barely called one, proved by the lack of chairs, tables and by the fact the the windows were barred.

 

"It's almost like a prison." She whispered, aghast.

"It is one." The clear yet crisp voice of Yoongi startled her from her position of testing the strength of the cold steel bars. Turning around, she masked her surprise at the lack of personal space, undoubtedly an intimidation tactic of his, and met his gaze, inwardly cursing her short stature of 5'2. It was his turn to be taken aback once Ara took a step forward, effectively diminishing the remaining space between them. 

 

"Move." Her voice struck him in the way her finger did his chest. Controlled yet deadly. Jin let out a low whistle when Yoongi actually listened, unsettled by the sheer power he felt coiled in that petite body of hers. 

 

"The is out the roof."

 

Jin's teasing remark earned him a small huff from her as she walked around, inspecting the classroom/prison cell, aware of the two pairs of eyes that trailed her every move, making mental notes of escape routes for if such a situation arose.



 

The funny thing is that time speeds up when you want it to slow but at the same time, crawls by as if hell-bent on torturing your bored-self. Honestly speaking, Ara felt as if eons had passed by, by the time the bell rang, signaling that it was the end of the day and in few hours, the beginning of another Tartarus-on-Earth day.





 

During the pleasant chat with Jin, consisting of food, injustice and more food, she was informed that under no condition was she not staying with them, given her expertise with her powers and the fact that she's perfectly capable of helping them control theirs, which was why she joined the group as the made their way towards what they called home, despite protests from Yoongi and Namjoon that were soon muffled by a raised eyebrow from Jin, daring them to go against him.





 

After a quick dinner that began with terse silence and ended with somewhat comfortable laughter, everyone with the exception of Ara dispersed to their rooms on the the floor above. Ara readied herself for another night on the couch when padding of footsteps made her look up. A clearly sleepy Taeyhyung appeared, rubbing his eyes while engulfed in a warm blanket which he deposited on the couch, eyes fighting to stay open.

 

Remembering her earlier promise, she spoke.

"Tomorrow, we're taking a day off."

"Only us two? Why?" He yawned, the adorable expression on his face making her want to cup his cheeks.

"I'm going to help you with your powers. Be up by eight, sharp."

"Yes sir, yes." He saluted cutely before amending his statement.

"Yes ma'am, yes." With a sudden energetic wink directed at her, he climbed up the stairs, eliciting concern when he nearly stumbled on his way up, about to fall asleep on his feet.

Ara smiled as she shook her head in amusement while settling into the depth of her admittedly-comfortable couch, drifting off into oblivion, tired out by the day's activities.



 

Tomorrow was going to be an interesting day.





 

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

Hope you like it. 

This is the font of the tattoos, the colour being that of the element


This is the font of the tattoos, the colour being that of the element.  I know it's the Illuminati font. :)

Andrianna2016