Let's party?

Against All Odds

(Author's note: Hi I did a double update, so if you haven't read the other one. Pls read it first, thanks :)

 

Load music blasted through the speakers. The Dj was playing various remix of different genres of music. May it be in Korean or American. Lights danced along the booming music. Crowds of people were on the dance floor showing different types of dancing and moving in bizarre ways. It was evident in their faces, their smell and the way they moved that they were completely under influence of alcohol. That what happens when you enter a club or a bar...bizarre  things happen. Jihoon together with her friends decided on having a girl's night out. Yixing chose the bar and they all agreed to it. They let themselves seated at the far end of the bar.

 

"So, how's life?" Yixing said trying to overpower the loud music.

 

"Life is good...how are you and Sehun?" Mineseok asked. Now that they've graduated and have their own jobs, they rarely see each other.

 

"Well, still the same I guess. How is Luhan? Still protective?" Yixing asked. Luhan and Mineseok has the longest and the strongest relationship in their group. They have been together for almost five years already.

 

"Yeah, nothing much had changed....how about....Sungcheol?" Minseok asked, she looked at Jihoon who is silently sitting at the corner. Jihoon was never a party enthusiast. She preferred going to the mall, nature related places or simply at home rather than partying. She never liked the strong scent of alcohol or the loud music at bars. The smoke coming from cigarettes suffocates her and she never got herself drunk. Jihoon felt guilty, she couldn't reject her friends because it's been years since they last saw each other.

 

"Well, he's....okay? I guess." Jihoon replied.

 

"How'd you know?" Baekhyun asked while taking a sip from her cocktail.

 

"Well...he's my...my boss." Jihoon said and immediately looked down. She forgot to tell her friends that she works for Seungcheol, she started to regret her decision of telling them because for a moment there, her friends stopped what their doing and looked at Jihoon with interested eyes. She could have sworn she even heard Baekhyun squealed over the loud music.

 

"How is he your boss?" Yixing asked.

 

"Well, I accidentally applied in his company."

 

"What's your position?" Mineseok asked.

 

"Secretary." Jihoon said and covered her ears, the girls started shouting in excitement and hitting each other.

 

"You should have told us that sooner." Baekhyun said.

 

"What for? We don't talk anymore like we used too..." Jihoon said while taking a sip of her cocktail. Yixing and the others looked at each other. Jihoon never drink...never. Even if there are special occasions, she would politely turn down their offer and watch from afar but this time, it's different. Jihoon was having a drink of that cocktail. It was sweet in a bitter way, much to Jihoon's liking. It was an epitome of what she's feeling right now...a mixture of sweetness and bitterness.

 

"What do you mean by we don't talk anymore?"

 

"Well, what do you think? We don't talk like we used to...we just, fight....a lot...than normal. Honestly, I don't know how we'll ever survive in our condition. He...he changed...." Jihoon said and looked down on her drink...she felt like it was mocking her, making her feel pathetic.

 

"Well, after what you did to each other....both of you would really....change. Either for the better or worse." Mineseok said.

 

"Yeah, I think we both changed....for the better..." Jihoon said as she took another sip of her drink. The girls didn't bothered on asking her again, they were afraid that Jihoon might have a emotional breakdown once again.

 

Jihoon took another sip from her drink. It was the last drop. Jihoon sat down, she was already tipsy. Her vision became blurry from time to time, her head pounding and she could only hear the loud music coming from the humongous speakers. Jihoon watched the people who's busy dancing on the dance floor, some of them were dancing in an way. Her friends were busy dancing on the dance floor. She was the only one left in their table. Jihoon shifted her gaze and looked at the dj. The dj was sure having lots of fun. Jihoon focused her gaze on the dj, memories suddenly crossed her mind.

 

~

 

It was a Sunday night and Jihoon wished that she was at her apartment, sleeping or enjoying life, unfortunately, she was at the party at some dude's house. Only a few more days before the school starts. Jihoon was with Mineseok and Yixing. They dragged Jihoon out of her apartment and forced her to come with them, they told her that it was mandatory and they won't take no for an answer.

 

Jihoon went to the farthest corner and sat there. She wasn't a party enthusiast after all. She preferred books, food, work and sleep over partying. Jihoon was offered to try different kinds of drinks and food but she refused all of it. Jihoon was really pissed at her friends who are very busy at the dance floor, fraternizing with others. They said it was mandatory for her to come, dragged her out of her apartment and for what, this party and just leave her at the corner with nothing to do but to stare at them and to make her feel out of place. Jihoon didn't know anyone from the room except from her friends of course. Jihoon would love to leave her friends behind but there's one problem, She has no idea where she was....or how to get home. Jihoon sighed and tried to look around. She avoided a lot of people. Jihoon was not sociable and her situation is clearly not helping her.

 

"You're not having fun, are you?" A man said. Jihoon was now seating at the stones stairs outside the house.

 

"I could say the same to you...." Jihoon said without looking at the man who interrupted her. She was not in a good mood.

 

"I could say that you don't like parties." The said man, sat down beside Jihoon. They were silent for quite sometime. They could feel the cool breeze.

 

"Do you trust me?" The man asked Jihoon. Jihoon was shocked at the question. She looked at the man. The man was very very attractive...with his harry potter glasses. His deep voice and good body built. Jihoon hesitated, she barely knew the man.

 

"Hey, I don't bite." The man smirked and offered his hand. Jihoon contemplated whether to go or not to go.

 

"Come on...trust me." The man said in a deep and commanding voice. Jihoon looked at the house. It wouldn't be a bad thing to join him right? What could happen? Jihoon held onto the man's hand. The man ran together with Jihoon. There were like in a romantic movie, running away together. It's like the man was Romeo and Jihoon was Juliet....they were stuck in a forbidden love.

 

"Motorcycle? Really?" Jihoon whinnied. She was expecting a car....the man didn't looked like a motorcycle type of guy.

 

"Why? You don't like going too fast?" The man said while handling a helmet to Jihoon.

 

"I'm not a fan of everything and anything that's going too fast." Jihoon said while figuring out how to put the helmet on. She was struggling, she doesn't know how to put a helmet. After a few more seconds, big hands held onto Jihoon's tiny feminine hands. The man got the helmet and placed it on Jihoon. He adjusted it and got a good view of Jihoon's facial features.

 

"Let's go....madam." The guy said and winked. Before the guy rode his motorcycle, he removed his jacket and placed it on Jihoon.

 

"You seem a little cold." The man said and rode his motorcycle. They went to see the city lights. The scenery was perfect. Fresh air, serene place and stars illuminated the sky. It was indeed a beautiful evening. Perfect for evening escapades. Jihoon found herself sitting beside the stranger at Han River. They sat there for quite sometime....in silence. Jihoon watched as the river flowed while the man looked at the stars.

 

"Do you like stars?" The man asked. He looked at Jihoon.

 

"I don't know.....why?" Jihoon said bitterly. There was a hint of longing ness in her words. The man looked at Jihoon.

 

"That's okay....I know that someday you will like the night sky." The man said and smiled. His teeth showing. Jihoon wondered what made her come with this man. He was a stranger, she didn't knew anything about him. She realized that she wanted to escape the party so badly that she took some stranger's offer.

 

"Here." The man said and gave Jihoon something to eat and drink. Jihoon had doubts wether to take it or not.

 

"Relax, it's not poisoned or anything and besides you look hungry...you haven't eaten anything." The man said still offering the food.

 

"I'm not hungry...." Jihoon's own words betrayed her. Her stomach grumbled in hunger. It was like she haven't eaten for days, weeks, months or years. Jihoon didn't dared utter a word. She grabbed the food and started eating it. The man ate with her in peace. The atmosphere was okay, there was no hint of awkwardness considering that they are strangers. It felt like they knew and are comfortable with each other. Its's like they have known each other from the very start.

 

They finished eating and the stranger took Jihoon to her apartment. Jihoon thanked the man.

 

"Oh....I forgot to ask...." Jihoon was having second thoughts whether to ask it or let it remain a secret.

 

"What is it?" The man said as he wore his helmet.



"Your name....."

 

The man smiled,"well....let's remain strangers for now and if our destiny is written in the stars....who knows, we might bump into each other someday and when that time comes, I'll continue being a stranger to you....it's fun to be friends with a stranger. You can open up to me for I have no right to judge you....good night and sleep...you deserve it....Jihoon."

 

The man left and Jihoon's eyes were wide at the thought of the stranger knowing Jihoon's name.

 

 

 

(Author's note: Hi, I finally managed to do an update hahaha. I had been very busy with school these past few days....anyways, Merry Christmas, hope you had a good one :)