Unwanted Guests

Against All Odds

 

     Jihoon stared at the ceiling. She was jobless. She regretted the day where she slept and didn't answered Seungcheol, although there was no official statement that she was fired....she dared not to show up. Why bother right? She just couldn't believe that Seungcheol had fired her...after everything she had done for him. Seungcheol was ungrateful. He didn't value all the things that Jihoon had done for him, both in the past and present.

    Jihoon stood up, she went to the kitchen and looked for something to eat. Unfortunately, her refrigerator didn't have anything to eat or cook. She looked at her cabinet and she saw ramen. She reached for the pot and filled it with water, placed it in the stove and heated it. She chopped some vegetables for her ramen and placed some egg. It wasn't healthy to eat ramen everyday but what else could she do, she didn't know how to cook. She was dependent to Mingyu. Jihoon heard a knock on the door...she hoped that it wasn't Mingyu because it meant that he already knows that she got fired.

     "What are you doing here?" Jihoon was shocked. She was shocked to see her boss...standing outside her apartment.

     "Aren't you going to let me in?" Seungcheol asked. Jihoon stepped aside and let Seungcheol in. Seungcheol glanced at the apartment.

     "Why is your apartment this dirty? Weren't you jobless for quite sometime?" Seungcheol asked. Jihoon's apartment was sure a mess. There were plates, pots, glasses, utensils that needed washing.The floors needed to be swept and mopped. Trash that needed to be thrown away. Cabinets that should be cleaned. Windows that needed to be wiped. Clothes that should be washed. Jihoon's apartment was a total disaster. Her apartment looked like a powerful tornado hit it. It was a catastrophe.

     "How can you live in a place like this? You'll get sick if you continue this." Seungcheol said, he can't take a look at Jihoon's apartment. It was such an eyesore.

     "How did you know that I was jobless?" Jihoon curiously asked Seungcheol. She couldn't remember her telling him that she was jobless for sometime. They aren't in good terms to be catching up and telling stories about each other so how would Seungcheol know about it.

     "From your co-workers." Seungcheol simply said. He looked for the couch and sat there like a boss. He was sure comfortable in Jihoon's apartment. Jihoon rolled her eyes.

      "How did you know my address?" Jihoon said still at the state of shock. She wondered if Seungcheol was real or just her hallucination. There were bizarre ideas that run through Jihoon's mind in order for her to know if what's happening is true or not, one of her bizarre ideas involves hitting her boss with a frying pan.

      "You work for me, remember."

      "Why are you here?" Jihoon asked. Why on earth will your boss personally visit you...who does that? There must be a good explanation as to why Seungcheol was in Jihoon's apartment. Jihoon wanted to know the answer to that question.

     "It's simple...you didn't show up..." Seungcheol said. He smelled something burning from the kitchen.

     "Is something burning?" Seungcheol asked. Jihoon's eyes widened...she scrambled on her way to the kitchen. She quickly grabbed the pot without thinking that it was hot.

     "Ouch!" Jihoon exclaimed and dropped the pot on the floor. Her ramen was now spilled on the floor. It was a shame to waste such good food.

     "What happened to you?" Seungcheol rushed as soon as he heard Jihoon shouted. He held Jihoon on both arms.

     "Are you hurt?" He added. Jihoon looked at Seungcheol, teary eyed.

      "Why are you crying?" Seungcheol asked panicky.

      "Sniff my....my*sniff* my ramen fell on the floor." Jihoon began to cry like a little girl. Her good ramen was now spoiled due to her clumsiness. Seungcheol couldn't believe on what his seeing...Jihoon crying over spilled ramen. He has the urge to laugh but chose not to because it was inappropriate to laugh at a time like this. He was so busy looking at Jihoon who was so busy ranting over her spilled ramen... "My precious precious ramen...huhuhuhu, now wasted." Jihoon whined.

Seungcheol couldn't contain his laughter anymore, he started bursting into laughter. Jihoon looked at the man who's so busy laughing that he didn't notice the girl shooting daggers at him, cutely.  

     "Why are you laughing?" Jihoon asked while hitting Seungchol.

     "Well, because...you...you look so cute hahahaha." Seungcheol said.

      "I'm not cute." Jihoon pouted. Seungcheol found it cute and the fact that Jihoon cried over spilled ramen.

     "Yes you are...now, don't you worry, I know that you don't know how to cook, so sit back...I'll cook for you...okay." Seungcheol said as he wiped the tears that were formed on Jihoon's face. Seungcheol smiled at Jihoon. He looked at Jihoon's lovely hands....he noticed that there was a portion on her hand that was red.

      "What happened?" Seungcheol looked at Jihoon with concerned eyes.

      "I got burned."

      "You're such a clumsy little girl...aren't you." Seungcheol said. He held into Jihoon's hand and pulled her. He was leading her to the chair. He signaled Jihoon to sit and he went to the kitchen to get some ice. He held into Jihoon's hand and blew her fingers. Jihoon didn't knew why on earth was her boss was doing all these things for her. Sure they had something in the past but they didn't end up on good terms, that's why Jihoon couldn't understand why was Seungcheol doing all these things, going to her apartment, giving her much concern or even offer to cook for her. She didn't missed the fact that Seungcheol was blowing hot air on her hands. She just looked Seungcheol, puzzled. She snapped back into reality when she felt something cold...it was Seungcheol, pressing ice on her fingers.

      "Hold onto this, I'll start cooking." Seungcheol said and gave the ice to Jihoon. Jihoon watched as Seungcheol rolled up his sweater and started looking for ingredients. Seungcheol started cutting some food. Of course, Jihoon remembered that Seungcheol knew how to cook. He used to cook for Jihoon before, when they were pretending that they were a couple.

Seungcheol knew a lot of things, Jihoon remembered. Cooking was the biggest turn on for Jihoon. She likes a man who can cook. She was busy watching the boy in front of her, her boss, doing wonders on her kitchen.

     "You still remembered that I couldn't cook." Jihoon started talking. It was too silent for Jihoon's liking. She didn't liked this kind of silence, it was bringing various thoughts in her head.

     "Yes, I still do remember everything about you...it's odd...after all these years." Seungcheol said. He was busy preparing food for the both of them. Jihoon was speechless at the sudden confession that Seungcheol made her. She regretted opening her big mouth.

     "I suppose that you only eat ramen...it's not healthy for you...you should learn how to cook." Seungcheol said.

      "Okay."

      "Clean your apartment...cleanliness is close to Godliness"

      "Okay." "And please...do something about your clothes..."

      "What?" Jihoon asked curiously.

      "Your shorts....it's too short for you."

      "What did you say?" Jihoon said. Seungcheol looked at her.

      "I said, your shorts is too short for you."

      "It's not too short. Some idols have shorter shorts than mine and The reason why I'm wearing this is because I'm at my apartment and was not expecting anyone in particular." Jihoon said and crossed her arms. She hated the way Seungcheol was acting. He was always a control freak. He likes doing things his way. Seungcheol continued on cooking. There was an awkward silence, none of them dared to speak. Tension was all over the place. Both of them concentrated on doing something to keep themselves away from the tension that they're feeling. It took few more minutes and Seungcheol finally finished cooking. He called Jihoon and was surprised to see that Jihoon changed her clothes. Instead of her shorts, she was now wearing pajamas. Seungcheol secretly smiled at that idea. "Thank you for the food." Jihoon simply said without looking at Seungcheol's dismay.

They ate in peace. No one dared to speak again, it seems like the tension would never fade. They finished eating and Seungcheol presented to do the dishes. "I should probably do the dishes. The sink is broken..." Jihoon said.

     "I'll fix it." Seungcheol volunteered and went straight to the kitchen. Seungcheol began to tinker with the sink and Jihoon just let him. She didn't cared anymore. She didn't want to create another tension between the two of them. She proceeded on washing the dishes on the sink inside her bathroom. After washing the dishes, she cleaned her room and went to her living room. She looked at Seungcheol who was still busy with the sink. She didn't bothered to talk to him. She sat on the couch and eventually dozed off.

By the time Seungcheol finished fixing the sink, it was already 2:00. He wiped the sweat on his forehead. He was exhausted with the work he had done. He looked at the sleeping figure on the couch. He got a blanket and rapped it on Jihoon. He saw the pile of clothes that needed to be washing. Seungcheol stretched and proceeded to the laundry room. He washed Jihoon's pile of clothes. He was never this clean or near, he just didn't want to see Jihoon living in a messy place. As soon as he finished washing Jihoon's clothes, he hanged them and went out.

Seungcheol went to the grocery store nearby and bought various kinds of food and a cookbook for Jihoon to use. He reached Jihoon's apartment and still saw Jihoon sleeping on the couch. He grabbed a chair and placed it in front of Jihoon. For some reason, he always liked to stare at Jihoon...ever since they were in college. There's something about her that Seungcheol loves. It seems like Jihoon casted a spell on Seungcheol. A very magical spell it was. Seungcheol decided on spending the day with Jihoon even though he has a lot of things to do and deadlines to meet. He wondered why Jihoon didn't showed up on the office that's why he personally went to Jihoon's apartment. Jihoon suddenly started to move, Sungcheol immediately stood up. Jihoon woke up. "You're still here..."Jihoon said while rubbing her eyes with the side of her palms.

     "Just finished fixing the sink." Seungcheol said while leaning on the kitchen counter. Jihoon nodded and stood up. She did a little bit of stretching.

     "Thank you....for fixing my sink. You didn't have to."

     "Don't give meaning to it. I felt sorry for you that's why I did it..."

      "Gee...thanks a lot." Jihoon half heartedly said.

      "You're welcome." Seungcheol said. Jihoon rolled her eyes at how arrogant Seungcheol could be.

      "I'm gonna use your bathroom..." Seungcheol said and quickly proceeded to the bathroom without waiting for Jihoon's response.

      "So much for asking..."Jihoon said. She sat on the couch, trying to think how could she kick Seungcheol out of her apartment. He was staying too long in her apartment. Isn't he a busy man? At least, that's what her co-workers have told her. She was caught off when she heard a knock on her door. She immediately stood up, she was curious of who it is because she wasn't expecting anyone.

"Mingyu?" Jihoon asked. She wasn't shocked to see Mingyu though. He was always in Jihoon's apartment.

     "Hi...It's been a while." Mingyu said and stepped in Jihoon's apartment. Jihoon started to get annoyed. Her apartment was being invaded by peopl who she doesn't want to see. Her apartment wasn't a welcoming house or something.

      "You have company?" Mingyu asked while scanning the room. He noticed the new pair of shoes that was beside the door. Mingyu started to take his shoes off.

"Yeah...it's my boss." Jihoon simply said. Mingyu looked at Jihoon with a questioning look.

       "Your boss visits you?" Mingyu asked sarcastically.

        "No, just this time." Jihoon said. Mingyu nodded.

        "Jihoon, do you have an extra shirt?" Seungcheol asked coming out of the bathroom. Jihoon and MIngyu's eyes widen at the sight of Seungcheol. Seungcheol was topless! They could see his well toned muscles and abs.

      "Seungcheol!" Mingyu shockingly said. Seungcheol looked at Mingyu and was surprised to see him there.

      "He's your boss?" Mingyu asked Jihoon. Jihoon looked at Seungcheol then at Mingyu.

     "Yes." Jihoon simply said.

      "And you didn't told me." Mingyu said with a hint of anger.

      "She doesn't have to tell you everything." Seungcheol said as he sat comfortably on the couch.

       "I'm not talking to you...I'm talking to Jihoon." Mingyu said and glared at Seungcheol who isn't really bothered by the death glares he had been receiving from Mingyu.

       "I was supposed to tell you but..." Jihoon was caught off by Seungcheol.

      "I don't think it really matters....the point is, Jihoon know works for me, as my secretary. If you have a problem with that then it's your problem not ours." Seungcheol said.

      "Our problem? Why are you here anyways and why are you not wearing a shirt?" Mingyu asked.

      "Why? Jealous? This isn't your apartment." Seungcheol said and stood up. Jihoon didn't know what to do...she could feel the sudden tension that the two are giving. She had enough of it.

      "You know what, fight all you want. I am sick and tired of all your drama even when we were still at college. Will you two grow up! I'm gonna go out and don't try and follow me. There are knives at the kitchen counter if you needed to kill each other! Just call me if you are done arguing at MY apartment!" Jihoon said and stormed off her apartment. She is so done with those two fighting and she has no plans on listening to them.

 

 

~

Author's note:

 

Get well soon vernon huhuhu