Elevator

Against All Odds

It had only been a week…a freaking week and Jihoon felt like quitting, not because she’s a quitter but because she couldn’t take it anymore. She felt like she had worked for that company for a year. In that one week she experienced a lot of things like starvation, not going to your apartment on a daily basis, not getting enough sleep and many more. She remembered what the woman had said to her…that the boss was mean, well…mean is an understatement! Seungcheol is not mean, he is a heartless evil workaholic man. Who is self-centered and arrogant. He is the worst! Jihoon couldn’t take any of it but because she desperately needed a job…this was all life had to offer her. She’s stuck with an evil boss who only thinks about his self.

      Jihoon and Seungcheol often argue with a lot of things. Yes, Seungcheol had scolded Jihoon for her mistakes no matter how big or small it is, it seems like everything is a big deal for him. There were times that Jihoon would actually consider sleeping or even staying at the office because she spends her nights sleeping at her desk thanks to his workaholic boss. She would also fall asleep during meetings and after that she will get a lot of scolding coming from Seungcheol. There was even a time that she bought the wrong coffee and Seungcheol almost threw the coffee at her due to his frustration. Before, Jihoon would describe Seungcheol as an very attractive ert man but right now, she defines him as an evil man who has major attitude problem. She could even write a book on how much she hates her job and her boss but couldn’t do anything about it because she can’t find any descent job that pays as high as his boss does. It would have been a huge hit, actually she had considered that. Quitting her job and writing the book but of course, she can’t do that. "Jihoon," Seungcheol shouted. He was too busy looking at his computer to even notice that Jihoon had fallen asleep on her desk. It was already nine in the evening and Jihoon wanted to leave early because she had dinner plans with Mingyu but unfortunately, she wasn't able to go.

      "Jihoon." Seungcheol said finally looking at Jihoon. Seungcheol growled in frustration. His secretary was sleeping on the job. Seungcheol looked at the time and wasn't bothered that it was already nine in the evening. He continued working while his secretary continued on sleeping. Seungcheol finished around 12 am. He rested his head on his swivel chair. He looks tired, he closed his eyes for a few minutes, thinking about all the things he has to do gives him a headache.

"Sir, are you ready to go?" The driver asked Seungcheol. Suengcheol glanced at Jihoon who's still sleeping by the way....Seungcheol nodded and stood up.

"Uhm, Sir....what about her?" The driver asked. Seungcheol looked at his driver blandly.

"Do we just leave her here?" The driver asked.

"Yes. It's her fault." Seungcheol said and went out of the office.

 

~

 

      Jihoon stretched and yawned. It was a beautiful day indeed. She got up and went to the bathroom. She splashed some cold water on her face, she wiped her face and went out of the bathroom.... Jihoon's eyes went wide again...SHE WAS STILL AT THE OFFICE, ALONE! She looked around and couldn't see her cold hearted boss. "I can't believe he left me!" Jihoon said.

She quickly looked at her watch and it was already 4:00 in the morning. Jihoon has the urge to beat Seungcheol up. She looked at her phone for messages but the only message she got was a spam. She quickly grabbed her things, which is a lot and went out. Jihoon struggled pressing the elevator buttons and ended up on pressing every floor. Additional task for her. After sometime, Jihoon finally reached the ground floor. It was a good thing that even this early, there were guards on the building. She was able to go out of the building. Jihoon went to the bus stop but unfortunately there was no buses available, she ended up ridding a taxi. By the time Jihoon reached her apartment, it was already 5:30 in the morning. She dropped all of her bags. Jihoon felt really tired and after a few more minutes, she started to doze off.

 

~

 

      Jihoon woke up with her phone ringing. She tried to ignore it but it kept on ringing like there's no tomorrow. She had no other choice but to answer the call. She looked at the clock and it was only ten in the morning. She groaned in frustration. Jihoon reached for her phone. If it was not important and by not important, she means Mingyu. She would beat Mingyu up with a baseball bat. This she swore. Jihoon's eyes grew wide, it's as if she saw a ghost. She rubbed her eyes and then looked at her phone. She pinched her cheeks to know if she was dreaming or not, slapped her face even bit her arm, hoping that this is all a dream. A horrified expression was shown on Jihoon's face, she was not dreaming. This isn't a dream. She once looked again on her phone...she began to became pale. Who knew something like that would make her feel this way. She opened the message, it reads....

 

17 missed calls from Evilcheol

From: Evilcheol

Where's my coffee?

 

Where are you?

 

Do you have any idea what time is it?

 

You're the secretary, not the boss!

 

If you're not here at eight, don't bother coming back because you're FIRED!

 

Jihoon looked at the time, it three hours ago. She sighed...guessed she lost another job again. She had hated Seungcheol ever since. His ex-girlfriend was a psychopath. His ex-girlfriend is head over heels in love with him to the point that she's obsessed with him. Jihoon suddenly reminisced how her relationship was with Seungcheol....

 

~

 

"Please, help me..." Seungcheol said. Jihoon looked at him annoyed.

"Look, I don't want to be part of your drama. It's your problem not mine....I'm not supposed to be in this mess if it weren't for you..."

"Well, no matter how hard you look at it, you're already involved....you can't do anything about it. Sulli knows you already, wether we're dating or not, she would hunt you down...but if you take my offer....I can help you, protect you from Sulli. She's kind of a psychopath." Seungcheol said while sitting. Both of them were trapped inside the university's elevator. They asked for help but there was no one who responded to their call. They tried using their mobile phones but it seems like fate was not on their side....there was no signal. They have no other choice but to sit and wait for someone to rescue them.

"Look...I know I'm asking too much but please reconsider...I really need to get that girl out of my life..." Seungcheol said, Jihoon looked at the floor. They were seated across each other. Jihoon kept on thinking wether to help him or not. What's it for her? She wouldn't get anything if she helped Seungcheol, she didn't even know him well enough yet...but there's something about his eyes that. It's pleading, asking help like an innocent little child to his mother...Jihoon had no other choice.

"Okay, fine...I'll help you." And with those words, Seungcheol became jolly again, he hugged Jihoon.

"But I'm still mad at you for kissing me like that...you....you ert!"

"I know..."