What really happened after MDBC?

What really happened after MDBC?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment that I have been waiting for has arrived. As I went in my dressing room before presenting some awards on stage, I was blocked by some boy group members. Most of them are my friends, but some are just mere acquaintances. One boy group member from BTS really made contact and asked me whether I could join him in a photo opt. Of course, being the kind and polite Yoo Jung, I dove in and granted his request.

As I was taking a picture with Jungkook, I suddenly felt that there were eyes looking at me from a distance. Never did I imagine that those laserisk eyes would come from the person I was dying to see, back from when I first landed my foot on the red carpet. He is shooting daggers at me and cursing me (for sure) under those soft features.

At first, I found it so cute. Awwwwwe, he's jealous. Serves him right then. But when I saw his bloodshot, teary and hurtful eyes, I couldn't help but to quit the act. What am I even doing? This is my Oppa. My Bo Gum. The person who cherishes and loves me the most. And with just a single mistake, I am making him suffer so much. He doesn't deserve this kind of treatment. No, he doesn't deserve anything that I was doing to him.

Guilt suddenly crept up into me. I tried to escape from the situation. I know, Jungkook and I's picture wasn't taken right yet, but I excused myself already. I left the guy dumbfounded of what's happening. I paved my way to Bo Gum's direction and didn't mind the people greeting me on my way to him. I almost ran to reach him, and when I spotted the familiar white suit, a terrible announcement happened. "Yoo Jung, you're up next." I was bound to set on the center stage for my poem reading. I saw the white suit slowly disappearing from my sight. I missed my chance. Crap.

-----------------------------------------

I have changed into my black tube gown. Now's the time. It is Bo Gum and I's moment to present some awards for the show. Here we are, in the same dressing room, stuck together, very silent and not talking to each other. It feels so awkward. Good thing nobody's here except the two of us since almost everyone is busy with their own businesses.

It could've been weird if people would witness such awkwardness between the two of us. When the staff called for us, Bo Gum suddenly held my right hand and placed it on his arm. He looked at me with dead serious eyes and said. "Like how you wanted it to be. Let's be professionals. For our fans."

That broke my heart. I didn't expect that I could hear that from him. Well, I deserve this. More than this actually. I have been putting him in agony for so long now, and this is just a simple punishment for me. I didn't answer him, instead, I tried to play it cool even though my heart hurts a lot. Bo Gum is such an entertainer though.

I have witnessed how his expression and aura changed once we both stepped into the stage. When the spotlight turned our way, he started to act sweet and lovey dovey to me. His doe like eyes and pretty smile started to shine brightly. How could he even do that?

Well, just like how I do it myself. Being an actress for so long, I have mastered the art of masking your true feelings. If he wants to play it this way, then I'll let him. I'll just deal with the whole truth later, once we're off the stage. I would make amends with him today, by hook or by crook.

As we finished that long walk, my nerves started to shake. Bo Gum started the conversation which we didn't rehearse. We were asked to practice our lines when we were still backstage, but since we're awkward with each other, we didn't have the opportunity to do it. Bo Gum sounded like his normal self. Cute, bubbly and sweet. He even told me that I look so pretty. My heart fluttered big time, and I could feel that he meant every word he said.

My heart started to pound erratically when I hear him talk about the boy groups backstage. Oh no, he should not start. He looked at my eyes and said. "I don't permit it. You are my person." It felt so real. I really dont know what to do then, so, I just giggled and told him to quit the act.

We have presented the first award swiftly, with me handing the award to Zico. I don't know why, but as I approach the guy, Bo Gum kept the 0.00000mm distance with me. He never left my side. In fact, he tailed all throughout.

By the time Zico was delivering his speech, Bo Gum Oppa started a conversation with me at the side. I thought, it was still part of the act, but when I saw how serious he looked like, I too became serious.

"I'm so sorry Yoo Jung-a, for everything. Take me back, please. I cannot live without you." He even used his signature puppy look while whispering those to me. I feel so giddy. Imagine, a top star like Park Bo Gum would risk his career just to apologize to me in front of thousands of people (well, methaphorically)? Who wouldn't feel giddy?

Instead of answering, I just giggled and gave him a knowing look. I hope he gets the answer perfectly.

And he did! He smiled his boyish smile which most of the time drives me crazy. This man is so handsome.

The thorn in my heart has been pulled out. I feel so comfortable now. I know that we haven't sorted everything out yet, but this is the start. For sure, after the event, we will talk and everything will go back to normal.

------------------------------------------

Okay, not with him drooling over those girl groups. Is this man really making his own problems? As we presented the award for the best female dance performance, Bo Gum's mind suddenly went blank. He kept on ogling on the screen filled with petite looking girls who dance their hearts out. I could feel like he already forgot that I was standing next to him. So, I see that you like looking at those girls more than me, huh? Okay Yoo Jung, calm down.

He almost forgot to deliver his spiels until I dragged his arm to look back to the audience. I really wanted to punch his face at that moment, but that would only make me land to the headlines, so I stopped myself.

He came back to his senses when I told him how he looked like while watching the girl groups. I could see guilt forming on his face and that he really couldn't look straight to my eyes. Huh! So you want dancing girls now?

------------------------------------------

And now he's scared. He's now on his 3rd attempt of asking me whether I should give the award to GFriend. I kept on declining with a smile on my face, but he clearly knows what I really mean. That's why he doesn't stop asking.

The girls are now going our way and Bo Gum is left with no choice. He knows I won't bulge. He went his way to the girls and delivered their award without shaking their hands and looking at them as congratulations. He went back to me directly in a speed of light. At least, he knows how to calm the seas.

--------------------------------------

The awards night ended and we're all gathered together at the back stage. The producers announced that there will be a victory party later. I told my manager that I won't go and that I'm already tired. He respected my decision, but I told him that he could go and have fun with his friends and not to mind me since I will just sleep the entire night. He thanked me and immediately sent me back to my hotel.

After taking a bath and changing into my favorite sleeping attire, which by the way is a black shirt and a short, I went my way to my bed. As I was about to rest my head on the pillow, I suddenly heard some knocks. Must be my manager checking on me.

I opened my door and to my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter