What really happened after MDBC?

What really happened after MDBC?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bo Gum Oppa and I couldn't be any happier. Both our parents are approving of our relationship. This time, it became easier for us to protect what we have.

Tonight is KBS Music Awards. Bo Gum was tasked to be the emcee of the event. He will be paired up with Seolhyun Unnie, and he is also doing a part with Red Velvet's Irene.

The day before the event, he constantly bugged me about it. He wanted to solicit my say on this. He said, he didn't want to make a mess again because of the girls he's going to work with. Well, at first, I didn't want him to do the show. I was so afraid that it might cause us some fights again. Forgive me, those girls are beautiful. I have all the reasons to be insecure. But then, I believe that if you really love someone, you must support them in all their endeavors in life. How could  he grow as an artist if I would just tie him by the collar? I'm also very happy that he wants my say in everything he does and he will do. That reason alone, gained him my full trust.

--------------------------

I stayed at home since I'm planning to watch him. He told me that he'll pick me up for dinner after the event. I'm so excited to see him later.

--------------------------

I couldn't get any prouder. My boyfriend is a certified A lister. He's not just a great actor, but an awesome host and singer too! He's doing good with all his spills. Just erase the parts when he need to act chummy with those girls. I seriously don't like seeing those things, but I trust him. Those almond eyes are only for me. His crystal-like smile is all because of me. I'm so happy to be with him.

There was just one part when my heart totally ached. It was when he paid Irene his loving gaze. I didn't know why, but his eyes are telling some stories. It made me doubt about myself. It made me feel so insecure. But then again, I need to trust Bo Gum Oppa. Maybe, those gazes are just for aesthetic purposes.

--------------------------

The event had ended and I'm just waiting for his message that he's on his way. I started to groom myself. I dressed up really well. Eventhough I trust him so much, I still need to remind him that I'm the prettiest of all. The girls he was with awhile ago really look beautiful, I must redeem myself.

I waited for his text. 30 minutes passed, no text. Then an hour. Then another hour. I even took a nap, and when I woke up, still no text. My mom told me to eat dinner since it's already past midnight, she also said that Bo Gum might have gone really tired that's why he can't come anymore. What might have happened? If that's the case, he should have just texted me.

I decided to call him but I immediately went to voice mail saying that the number I'm calling is busy. I'm starting to panic. I instantly called his dad.

"Appa, is Bo Gum Oppa already home?"

"Yoo Jung-ie, your Oppa is still not home. I thought you two are going out for dinner?"

"Yes. That's the plan. But he didn't contact me after the event."

"Wait, sweetheart. Let me call his manager."

"Deh, Appa."

When we hung up, my heart went hysterical. I was so scared. What might have happened to my boyfriend? Luckily, after 3 long minutes, his dad called me back.

"Yoo Jung, no need to worry. His manager said that he is still in the after party. He also said that Bo Gum wants to tell you that he might not be able to see you now. I'm sorry my dear."

My heart was broken. Nonetheless, I acted okay. "That's fine Appa, I'll just sleep now, I have an early schedule tomorrow too. Please tell him to call me when he got home."

"But have you eaten dinner honey? I thought you'll eat with him tonight?"

"Yes I already did." I lied.

"Okay then, good night. See you soon."

"Good night Appa."

After the phone call, my tears instantly fell. What is happening? Just this morning, we're completely okay. What is it now? Why did he suddenly went cold?

I cried my heart out the whole night. I didn't even noticed that I was slowly dozing off. I wanted to wait for his call, but my eyes and body couldn't take it anymore.

---------------------------------

When I woke up the following day, I immediately checked my phone. It was a message from Saeron.

'Yah, Yoo Jung-ah! Check this photo. I thought this guy likes you? Why was he flirting with that Red Velvet girl last night during the after party?'

The photo that reached me was the shock of my life. In it was a portrait of Bo Gum smiling while Irene was whispering something in his ears. Tears again pooled my eyes. But I didn't jump into conclusions instantly. I tried to compose myself and ask Saeron more details.

'Were you in the party last night?'

She immediately replied. 'Yes. I was with Woohyun and Sungyeol Oppas. I thought this guy likes you? Has he given up waiting?'

My tears are threatening to fall. But I still acted cool. 'Jeez. Who gave you that idea? Bo Gum Oppa and I are just friends.'

'Okay. Whatever you say. Anyways, since we're already talking about him, do you think he and Irene are together?'

'How do you say so?'

'Well, the two of them were the talk of the town last night. They were inseperable. And some idols said that they saw the two kissing before going home. And your name was even brought up! We all thought that you two are together. That's why I texted you right away for confirmation.'

My heart literally broke into pieces. I tried to calm myself down before answering. 'Oh? Maybe they are together. Oppa hasn't talked to me about matters of the heart actually. And as if I care about that, too.'

'But, isn't he courting you Yoo Jung? You have been an item for so long already. Too long for being just an issue.'

'Yah, almost all the couples who starred together became rumored lovers. Aren't you rumored being together with Woohyun Oppa, too?'

'That was just a rumor. You know that. We don't even have each others numbers. But yours is different. You two are so close. You even go on secret trips together. Remember that one time you slipped?'

'But that was a group vacation!'

'No not that one. The one when you went to Jeju just weeks ago.'

'Oh that.' Crap right. I almost told her everything that time. This girl is so... Nevermind. 'That was a reward trip for us two for winning big time in AAA.'

'Yeah right. That's why nobody ever knew about it. Even the people who should have given you the reward.'

'That's not true!'

'Okay, okay. I'll let you go now. I have a schedule anyway. Love you!'

'Love you too.'

After my conversation with Saeron, my world suddenly crashed. How could he do this to me? I know that I must not jump into conclusions yet, but my heart aches so much. I need to talk to him. Why has he not called yet? I only have Saeron's message when I woke up.

I dialed his number. It's ringing. Fortunately, after 5 rings, he picked it up.

"Yes?" Why does he sound so cold?

"Oppa..."

"What do you need, Yoo Jung? It's still very early." Why does he sound so rude to me?

"Can you hear what you're saying?" I'm losing my patience.

"Not now, I'm tired, please."

"Great! You sure are tired! Tired of flirting with other girls last night? And have you forgotten that you promised to take me to dinner?"

"I told my manager to tell you that I'm not gonna make it. And are you insinuating something?"

"You guess." I'm about to totally lose my patience now.

"I don't want to fight with you, I'm hanging up."

That's it. "Don't you dare hang up on me. I need you to listen to every word that I'll say." My tears are about to fall. But who cares? 

"But what was I in it for? I was in it for heartaches. All you did was to give me heartaches yesterday. The way you look at Irene, the way you two exchanged smiles. I know it means something. Because you used to look and smile at me like that. But I never thought of anything. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, Oppa. I didn't want to believe that you could do that to me. But standing me up last night? And worse, going to that party to flirt and kiss that girl? That is too much!!!"

"How did you.."

"So, it's true, right? No, don't tell me anything." I'm trembling because of the pain I was feeling.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to do it, Yoo Jung-ah. I do not know what went in my mind last night." He really sounded apologetic, but not enough to deserve my forgiveness. He talks as if he's already tired of everything.

That broke me even harder. So it's true. I couldn't contain the pain anymore. "You know what Oppa, let's just stop this."

What totally ended my heart was his reply. "I guess we do need some time apart." I couldn't help myself. I bursted out crying. How could he do this to me?

"No, not some time apart. Let's break up already. I don't want to see you anymore." With that, I hung up. I couldn't take any bullcrap from him.

I cried the whole day. I didn't tell my family anything, they just assumed that all the bashes from the internet got into me. She asked my manager if he could fix my schedule. Luckily, he obliged.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter