What really happened after MDBC?

What really happened after MDBC?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bo Gum and I did our best to to meet each other everyday. There was this one time when we fooled everybody when we staged an "unexpected visit" in my interview venue. Truth is, he actually knew 3 days before that I'm about to have an interview on that particular day. He, being in the area is also a lie. He actually drove from Incheon to Hongdae just to be there. Our schedules have been twisted lately, and good thing that he was free that day. We have the chance to meet. However, my day was hectic, and staging an "unexpected visit" is the only way for us to meet each other without too much suspecting from the fans. The situation we made up that day, can actually pass as a coincidence if you won't really think about it thoroughly.

Another one is, when he bugged Dong Yeon Oppa to come with us in Jinyoung and B1A4's come back stage. It would be so suspiscious if it will just be the two of us, so adding some ingredients in the recipe would make it taste better. Dong Yeon hesistated to come at first since it was his only day off for a long time. We were so depressed when we heard his answer since, him coming is the only way my manager would allow me to go, too. He's been having rough times lately in managing my dating rumors with Bo Gum Oppa, and he wanted to kill the fire that has been circulating. He said, the rumor would just ruin both of our careers. And when the crowd sees us together, and just the two of us, that wouldn't help in fixing the situation. Luckily, Dong Yeon Oppa changed his mind an hour later. He said he misses us and he wanted to have barbeque after the show. Destiny is actually playing by our side.

Finally, one of the biggest lies we played was when I was a guest in 2D1N. Bo Gum was informed about it by me 5 days before the actual shoot. When I arrived at the set, Cha Taehyun Oppa kept on pestering and teasing me about him. Since the both of them are very close being in one agency, he tried to lure me in admitting that Bo Gum and I are in a relationship. He said that he could actually feel that something's not the same with Bo Gum, he seemed so happy lately, but he can't fish any answers from the guy. He also said that he feels that it is something connected to me, because he has caught Bo Gum in one instance, typing my name as his phone password.

I extremely denied everything, telling him that he might just be imagining things. I also told him that Bo Gum and I have not seen each other for a long time now after we finished the drama, which is totally a lie. We're actually seeing each other almost everyday.

Taehyun Oppa could be very sly, but unfortunately, nobody beats a girl's instinct. I have texted Bo Gum about Taehyun's assumptions and warned him that he might receive calls from the variety show. I have made him prepare for the worst things to come. I also reminded him to act as if we've not been seeing each other, just if ever they'd call him.

And true to my instincts, they did call him! I mentally slapped my head when he picked up the call after the first ring. I know that he's in an interview also, and it might have ended already. But still, he should have waited for 3 rings at least, so that no one would suspect that he was actually waiting for the call to happen. Too good that nobody actually cared.

Oppa did great in lying with the casts. He sounded as if he really haven't had the chance to meet me yet. But then again, he's a natural flirt, so, the videocall still ended as if we're still doing the drama, and the lead actors need to play sweet in front of everyone. Well, since we're actually together, maybe it just came out naturally.

----------------------------------------

The two of us also did great in denying our relationship when we're being interviewed. Whenever I've been asked about him, my default answer would be a straight to the point denial. I would sometimes say that I am still young or that dating isn't my topmost priority. But in one interview, I decided to change my line to, 'I know Bo Gum is liked by everybody, but not me. I do not like him that way.'

The day after that interview was aired, I have received a message from him telling me that what I said pierced him in the heart. I instantly told him that I was sorry and it was only to secure our safety. I promised him that I didn't mean anything that I have said. He forgave me, but made me promise not to say that ever again. He said that I could give more creative lies, just not the straight out 'I don't like you' cause it hurts him when I say that. Of course, I absolutely agreed.

He on the other hand, lies a little more effectively. He really is good in this kind of game. When asked about his dating life, he would just answer vaguely, hanging each question on the edge. He never even once denied me, and the worst answer he said was, we are actually 'Oppa-Dongsaeng', which is in one way true. He would even drop hints about our relationship, making me want to kill him. He really enjoys this, I even thought he's scared to be caught!

We've reached to the point where we cannot really see each other regularly anymore, because of our heavy schedules. We have been on top of the demand chain of the advertisers and company owners. That made us the most bankable male and female personality in Korea. If you'll look at it at some angle, we should be happy, but we're now having lesser time for each other and our relationship has been put on the line.

We still try to find time for us, but the challenge has become tougher. Our schedules cannot complement each other anymore. Our sneaking every night have been out of the picture already since, he still got some shoots even up until late evenings. Once he's done, I couldn't let him drive to me anymore, since it's already past midnight. I know that he's tired also, and he might meet an accident if we'll push through with it. There was once when he insisted, but 10 minutes after he arrived, he immediately fell asleep on my bed due to exhaustion. We never dared to try that luck again. When he's free, I'm most of the time out of the country. When I'm free, he's out there shooting some variety shows. We only get to update each other using our phones, and as time passes by, I am starting to feel that the lack of his presence is beginning to annoy me.

I have not seen him for almost a week since he was out of the country. Nonetheless, he never failed to check on me everyday. That isn't enough for me. Call me a selfish and all, but I'd always want Bo Gum to be beside me all the time. If you'll look at it, you'd really won't see that I have it in me, but I could be the clingiest person in the world. I just act as if I do not care at all, but I do.

The physical absence ignited some fights between us. I began to feel that he is already losing interest in me. His messages and calls started to flactuate. There were days when he'd just text me what he's doing and won't call me the entire day. He didn't fail to contact me, but it isn't like how he do it before, when we were still new to this. I remember one time when he called, and didn't sound enthusiastic at all, that I ended up just turning the phone off without even saying goodbye to him. I cried the whole night after that incident. He tried to call me again and again, but I wasn't sure if it's okay to talk, so I decided not to answer him anymore.

I was shocked the next morning when I woke up surrounded by yellow roses. Tons of yellow roses around my room! Nobody would ever do this aside from one person, Bo Gum. Well, if you're thinking why yellow, it is because we have decided that it's going to be our couple color. He said that I really look the best when I wear yellow clothes and that when we miss each other, we'd just look at the moon, like what we did in the drama. And the moon somehow looks yellowish. Yellow also symbolizes friendship, and that's where everything started with the two of us. Since we're still hiding our relationship, better yet make puzzling clues so no one could ever suspect anything.

As I totally opened my eyes, I spotted a familiar figure sitting on the edge of my bed. He was reading something in his phone.

"It's not polite to stare, Yoo Jung-a." He said as he raises his head to meet my eyes. I instantly looked down to my sheets. Damn, I haven't even brushed my teeth, why is this person already here looking so good in the morning? It's just 6 in the morning, for heaven's sake!

"Why are you here?" While still looking down, I inquired.

"Well, my doll seems to have some big tantrums. I guess, I must really pay her a visit." He said playfully. I could feel that he's making his way to reach me.

I moved away before answering, still not looking at him. "How did you bring these flowers here? And aren't you going to work? That's what you do best right? Just after forgetting about your girlfriend." I said sarcastically.

He laughed a crispy one. "So now you're jealous of my work, as if you haven't got any for yourself. And the flowers? I had it delivered and arranged it myself here. Since your mom's not around, I was lucky. Your Unnie is easier to handle."

"Don't talk as if I have been torn between work and you, which obviously what happened to yourself." I had the courage to raise my head and glare at him.

He still looks affectionate. He smiled at me. He suddenly went serious. "Yoo Jung-a, I am so sorry if I haven't been there for you for the past week. I have been busy working here and there. It's not my intention not to call, or to sound unhappy when I call you. It's just that I'm really, really tired these past few days." After saying that, I could now see how tired he actually looks like. His eyebags are so big, and his skin has become dry. He might really be tired.

"You have been working diligently too, and I know you have a tight schedule the same as mine. I wouldn't want to bother you also. But seeing that what I assumed annoyed you, it's better that I should just ask for your forgiveness rather than to explain myself. I should have been more attentive and sensitive. You have entrusted me your heart, and I promised not to break it. I'm sorry Yoo Jung-a, this won't happen again." He sounded so sincere.

"You know that just one word from you and I'll quit everything I have no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter