All or Nothing

In Between Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Flashback

After Dinner Party

The later it got, more exciting a night turned out to be, when two figures were capturing men’s and women’s eyes, gracefully dancing like a couple on the dancing floor, moving in rhythm as music played. Few daring guys who had gut to approach them, got ward off by Jiyeon’s hawk glare, with her body gesture that could be interpreted as “Don’t you dare coming close to her”, yes, Jiyeon’s dancing partner was a her, and she was none other than a newly appointed President of a company that she joined, Park Hyomin. It was totally unexpected when two people who were mentally quarrelling at an official and courteous dinner table would end up at a club together. It all began with a challenge, “Oh come on, please don’t tell me you are going to wrap up your great night going home after this boring dinner with all old men?”, followed by a smirk from Jiyeon, it was enough to make Hyomin feel insulted. Fueled by influence of alcohol, when they started, they had no “Off” button, the more they drank, funnier they got.

 

“You are a great dancer”

“Thank you, and you are such a flirt”

“Well, I wouldn’t hide it, if I fancy in someone”

Hyomin looked into Jiyeon’s eyes, as her body moved along.

“What makes you think you would always get what you want” Hyomin asked, mocking tone was obvious though.

“Nothing is venture, nothing gains, and you know it as a business woman” Jiyeon’s answer made Hyomin frown a bit.

“Business strategy doesn’t apply to every aspect of life” Hyomin disagreed.

“I tell myself not to live with a regret so there is nothing I desire and wouldn’t go for it” Jiyeon blinked

“Appreciate your honesty, but I’ve gotta warn you then” Hyomin stated

“It doesn’t hurt to try, at least you are here with me dancing in my arms” Jiyeon secured her hold with a grin. Hyomin smirked, her eyes were shining sweetly as alcohol worked its way. Even though she wasn’t completely drunk to the point that she couldn’t control herself, but with her drinking strange habit when she drank, Hyomin was just a carefree woman, smiling and laughing funnily, forgetting all stress, in other word she was more relaxed when she was drunk and Jiyeon found it very interesting, that a very attractive and mysterious yet stressful lady turned this way.

The song ended. Hyomin parted herself from Jiyeon, and Jiyeon felt dismissed, disapppointedly she followed Hyomin as the latter walked off.

“Where are you going?” Jiyeon asked

“I have enough of all those stares, it’s annoying, let go somewhere else” Hyomin looked back at Jiyeon, light smile appeared on her face.

“It would be rude to say no” Jiyeon grinned

“Can you drive?” Hyomin asked

“Sure, are you coming with me or you will drive your car?” Jiyeon asked hopefully

“I think it’s a wiser idea if I don’t have any scratch on my car, otherwise my ears will be burned by my sister’s nagging” Hyomin laughed.

“It would be my honor to drive you home then” Jiyoen offered.

“Who said I’m going home?” Hyomin asked.

“Whatever you want” Jiyeon was happy

“Wait, before we go” Hyomin punched the key on her phone , Jiyeon watched as Hyomin typed a message.

“Jessica will worry and freak out if I get home late” Hyomin mumbled to herself and laughed to herself

“She is cute” Jiyeon thought.

“Done” Hyomin said

“Alright, my car is this way” Jiyeon led Hyomin to her car.

A ride on Jiyeon’s convertible Porsche was better than they thought, despite how much alcohol Jiyeon had consumed, she was focused and conscious, on the top of it, she was driving slowly, on a purpose so she could spend a little longer time with the woman seated next to her. Wind blowing through their faces, as Jiyeon opened the car convertible roof to enjoy the night breeze.

“Thank you for today though, your opinion changed the whole situation” Hyomin’s sudden topic brought Jiyeon’s back to today meeting.

“You deserve it” Jiyeon stated

“It would be a lie if I said I wasn’t grateful to you” Hyomin honestly thanked to Jiyeon for the first time after meeting.

“I’m impressed on how you could master something you didn’t learn for” Jiyeon remembered going through Hyomin’s profile and found she didn’t graduate in Business

“I guess you did your homework on my profile huh?” Hyomin commented knowingly, she was impressive anyway.

“I failed though” Jiyeon said.

“Eh?” Hyomin turned to look at Jiyeon

“I ran into you and your sister at an ice-cream place and thought she was your …., you know, I didn’t know you had a sister” Jiyeon confessed, and it made Hyomin giggled

“Well, you can’t blame me , you guys are too sweet as sisters” Jiyeon said her opinion.

“Yes we are, but nothing is wrong with it” Hyomin shrugged

“ Don’t get me wrong, I find it cute” Jiyeon was correcting herself not to make Hyomin misunderstand , “ Wish my sibling was that lovable” Jiyeon said softly at the last part.

“What did you say ?” Hyomin asked

“No, nothing” Jiyeon smiled

“Now I realize I didn’t know much about you, Park Jiyeon” Hyomin said

“Why don’t you start now?” Jiyeon playfully seduced .

“Really!” Hyomin chuckled

Jiyeon was about to say something when she noticed a police motorbike from a rear mirror.

“Oh oh” Jiyeon sped up

“What’s wrong?” Hyomin noticed the speed

“Not a good news, we are being chased by a police” Jiyeon said

“Of course not, can’t be caught in this state” Hyomin was nervous

“Don’t worry, I’m driving so you won’t be involved” Jiyeon assured.

“That doesn’t do any better, you can’t have any record too as a part of our board”. It was either high responsibility was implanted in Hyomin’s mind or her conscious sense, she thought of her family company first. Jiyeon shook her head in disbelief, however quickly thinking of a way to deal with a sudden situation.

“Will you be on my plan?” Jiyeon asked ambiguously as she drove faster

“What a plan?” Hyomin was going look back but Jiyeon said “Don’t turn around”

“Alright, whatever would do if I don’t have to deal with the issue later” Hyomin agreed without hearing what the plan was.

Jiyeon slowed down a car, she then signal right, pulling the car over the side of street, and parked it, Hyomin didn’t understand, her eyebrow tied confusingly.

“Don’t be alarmed, this is my plan and it will work” Jiyeon informed shortly, which Hyomin nodded even though she didn’t understand, but she didn’t have time to process it when the next thing she knew, her face was pulled closer for a kiss, Jiyeon was cupping her face closing the gap between them. Hyomin’s eye were widen as she felt soft lips sealed in with hers, hot breath was the only thing she could feel when her heartbeat raced fast.

 

The police guy whomstopped behind them was just awkwardly staring, he was like “Awe” as he witnessed two women kissing, which it was a rare scene for him. He was reluctant to approach them, feeling nervous and restless. He jumped upon a call.

“ Excuse sir, but we need some privacy here” Jiyeon parted the kiss and called out to a police officer standing there.

“Oh sorry” He fluttered, thinking of what to do, he paced back and forth then decided to get on his motorbike and drove away.

Jiyeon heaved a relief sigh as she was sure he was gone, she turned turn around and looked at Hyomin, their eyes met, but Hyomin quickly looked away awkwardly. Jiyeon was back to her sense, she was afraid if she was overdoing it.

“I guess your plan works, he left now” Hyomin decided to break the awkward silence

“I …” Jiyeon tried to talk, she was surprised at herself for losing words, that was not her.

“Do you mind to drop me off at a hotel we held dinner party this evening?” Hyomin asked

“Of course, not” Jiyeon had an awkward smile., “But are you sure you don’t want me to drop you off at your home?” Jiyeon formed a sentence to make it as normal as possible.

“I can’t be seen this intoxicated, Jessica won’t be happy” Hyomin smiled sadly.

“I got it” Jiyeon smiled back, “ I think we are very close to there, then we don’t have to worry about getting chased by another police from next police stop” Jiyeon reasoned.

“Good thinking” Hyomin complimented.

True as Jiyeon was mentioning earlier, the hotel was just few minutes away from where they stopped. Jiyeon got off the car to open the door for Hyomin as she was getting off, stumbling a little bit.

“I’ll walk you to your room” Jiyeon offered

“Nah, I’ll be fine, thank you though” Hyomin said balancing herself on her high heel

“Would it be embarrassing if a president of a company stumbles and falls in front of hundred of staff at 5 stars hotel?” Jiyeon made her point, she passed her car key to a hotel valet parking staff.

" I hate to admit it but I like the way you think” Hyomin giggled. As drunk as Jiyeon was , and a simple and honest compliment came from an intoxicated woman, still Jiyeon’s heart was warmed up that someone saw her worth.

 

Possessing one executive family suite room at the hotel, it was stunningly convenient for Hyomin to get in and out of an executive suite where her family purchased as a part of their asset. As Jiyeon walked Hyomin to an elevator, Hyomin had an idea, and instead of pressing on the floor she was going to stay, she hit on executive club lounge floor. Jiyeon raised her eyebrows.

“Let’s play the game” Hyomin squealed cheerfully, and as fast as lighting the elevator was, the door was open to a club lounge with slot machines and bar, Jiyeon was dragged off by Hyomin, and there was no way Jiyeon would resist the fun.

 

Forgetting time and world behind, Hyomin and Jiyeon enjoyed playing on slot machines, and every time they won, the toast was made, drink was taken as each was holding glass of wine. Glass after glass was filled.

" This is my lucky day today” Hyomin was slurring, as her limit of alcohol tolerance was met, she was stumbling in a hallway, and Jiyeon wasn’t any better, supporting and clinging to Hyomin.

“Yes, you were appointed as a president and you won big prize” Jiyeon agreed, her voice was hoarse.

“Maybe you are my lucky star” Hyomin said without thinking as she reached the door to her suite apartment,

“Aw” Jiyeon paused. She watched Hyomin opening the door to suite apartment.

“Here we are and you’re welcomed to stay at one of the rooms” Hyomin walked in, Jiyeon followed. They agreed earlier that Jiyeon was too drunk to drive home, also Hyomin would like to say thank to all Jiyeon did to help her today so invited her to stay at her family suite .

“You can have a room in the middle because on the right is Jess’s room and on the left is my room” Hyomin explained, but she didn’t hear any response as Jiyeon already settled herself at the sofa.

“Hey, get up , you’re my guest and I’ll not let you sleep on the couch” Hyomin tried to pull Jiyeon up.

“I’m good, thank you” Jiyeon tried to open her eyes.

“Get yourself a comfy bed and room” Hyomin insisted

With her attempt, Hyomin grabbed Jiyeon by her wrist struggling with the dead weight to pull Jiyeon up and to the room. It would be astonishing if she could do it in such her state, and of course she failed miserably, and worse as she lost her balance, fell and landed on the top of Jiyeon.

“Ouch!” Jiyeon felt a colicky pain as a whole body laid on her top, but more than anything she could wish for, Hyomin’s lip perfectly landed on her lip, no space between. Their eyes met, no blink, no word, for a moment everything just stopped. And next movement both of them could remembered, they fulfilled the kiss that none of them ever resisted, long passionate kiss that led them to next level, they were only human.

 

End of flashback

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Jessica stared at a note handed to her by Sooyoung after being informed that Tiffany had received her gift, she stared at it instead of reading it because there was nothing written but a quick drawing of a cat sitting beside a gift. Jessica was trying to figure out, it took her different thoughts to guess the meanings, she was not an artistic person like her sister who could sketch a whole building with one pencil.

 

“Poor that girl, she was bullied by a doctor at a hospital she worked for and she had to walk out” Sooyoung stole a glance, she said out of the blue, without needing any feedback.

“Did I ask you to stalk on her?” Jessica was being sarcastic, she put down a note on her table.

“I just happened to talk to her colleague who gave me Tiffany’s whereabouts”, Sooyoung fabricated it a bit.

“Oh yeah” Jessica was known for her silent genius, growing up alongside with Sooyoung, she treated her as a sister, and of course she knew Sooyoung well enough.

“By any chance, would you prefer ….” Sooyoung started and Jessica already knew the rest

“Did Hyomin get up?” Jessica cut in, a question took Sooyoung off guard.

“Miss Hyomin hasn’t left the hotel yet, I guess she was a bit tired, last night she drank quite a lot at dinner with all guests congratulating for her, and she had headache as well” Once again, Sooyoung came up with a smooth and reasonable explanation.

“As long as she is ok” Jessica sighed softly. “It’s Sunday by the wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter