In every lie, there's the truth

In Between Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Flashback

Just like a burning bridge, the relationship between Blue Capital and Park Group ended as soon as the termination of their contract was effective after an official notice by Blue Capital's lawyer. It was needless to say how pissed off Mr. Park was, he was totally offended by it, but as much as he wanted to do something in response to such treatment, he knew better than not to , when other company held a higher card , and for saving his face as the other company promised not to make it go public , he preferred not to be dragged in so much more trouble than it was worth .

 

" I'll take care of it"

" No , just let it slip"

" But president ..."

" Stop it Yoochun !"

Mr Park impatiently shouted at his son . Yoochun was taken back , but quickly recomposed but frown didn't completely left his face.

" Don't you realize what you've done" His calm yet angry tone was visible

" But it wouldn't be exposed if it wasn't for Jiyeon" Yoochun opened his to argue " It's all her fault"

" Stop blaming your sister, she has nothing to do with this" For the first time, Mr. Park found himself defending

" There was no way they would find out if Jiyeon didn't slip it to her girlfriend" He didn't stop to defend himself .

 

Mr. Park mentally sighed, he could see Yoochun , he was being all controlled by his denial and foolish arrogance . Though he was his favorite son , and he was shameless to say that he loved him more than Jiyeon , but at this point , Jiyeon deserved to be protected .

" I've told you long ago , so you might forget it , being confidence leads you everywhere, but too much of it makes you like a fool , and it could kill "

Yoochun didn't know how to reply , though he was hurt , he knew his father was always right .

" Not to make more mess"

" Understood"

 

---------------------------

 

It might be just a business deal in an aspect , but for a particular person , it was a reason for her to see someone more often, a reason for her to go for all trouble and a reason for her to be a better person . Unfortunately , it ended way too soon , too sudden that Jiyeon would like to think it was just an delusion from her hidden stress of not being to handle the internal issue . But seeing a person in front of her right now , Jiyeon couldn't convince herself that it was

Inside Jiyeon's living room where not many had ever visited or to be exact no one had ever stepped inside her private world like this before, except for one person, she was more than welcome, and it would be much better if they were not sitting here talking about ongoing business issue . Hyomin requested to come here for she thought it was the safest place to talk such a sensitive confidential matter.

" I'm sorry "

Over and over Hyomin repeated it, until a person being apologized in front of her started to feel bad, since it wasn't her fault, not at all.

Jiyeon shook her head as a rejection for being apologized, there was no way she could accept this overwhelming apology, when Hyomin had nothing to be blamed, on the opposite, if anyone was to be blamed , it was no doubt to be Jiyeon herself , a fault by default from her side, something they all knew all along and if there was something Jiyeon regretted, it was a fact that she couldn't do anything to fix it until it was too late and now the truth was exploded before she got a chance to prove it .

Jiyeon reached to touch Hyomin's hand and gave her a light gentle squeeze reassuring that she was alright.

" Hyomin ah" A soft gaze was sending to sad looking woman

" Let's me say it again, it's neither your sister's nor your fault, it's me and my family's issue, we couldn't handle things properly, and I clearly understand the reason why your board agreed to terminate this contract " Jiyeon reminded Hyomin .

" And are you okay with this?" Hyomin asked

" Honestly not, I'm very disappointed" Jiyeon paused and looked at Hyomin, " But it's business and I don't take it personally "

" I'm sorry things turned out this way" Hyomin felt bad that she couldn't help much , when finally decision was made by the management board , let's alone EVP like Jessica

" If you say sorry again , I'll feel worse " Jiyeon reasoned

Hyomin sighed and of course she didn't want to make Jiyeon feel worse than she did , Jiyeon tried to smile then held Hyomin's hand .

"I know you don't want it to happen this way, neither I do " Jiyeon said , " But now it did , so we have to keep going"

" Aren't you giving up on us right?" Hyomin asked unconfidently , it was enough to wrench Jiyeon's heart .

" Of course not " Jiyeon confirmed without even having to think , it wasn't even on her head . Hyomin smiled in response , she slowly leaned her head on Jiyeon's shoulder , and with a soft sigh , Jiyeon knew Hyomin feel relieved .

" What make you think I would end our relationship ?" Jiyeon, somewhat , was surprise to hear Hyomin's question.

" I don't know" Hyomin sounded so lost

It pained Jiyeon's heart to see Hyomin being so vulnerable right now . No more a cold person Jiyeon first met, nor a leading business woman Jiyeon witnessed negotiating a multibillion project . Leaning on her shoulder for support and comfort right here , right now was a soft Hyomin , a person Jiyeon felt like protecting . Just a Hyomin , Park Jiyeon's loving girlfriend , thinking so , Jiyeon smiled .

" We don't need to figure everything out right now" Jiyeon gave Hyomin a side hug , she knew the latter needed it the most .

Silence engulfed, Hyomin was in Jiyeon's embrace where they found comfort in each other , both of them understood .

And it wasn't until a while later that Hyomin replaced a silence her question , she tilted her head , looking up to Jiyeon's face and softly called

" Jiyeon ah "

" Hm?"

" Aren't you mad at my sister?

" Nope, not at all"

 

Jiyeon showed her genuine smile , confirming that she was not at Jessica for a decision her girlfriend's sister made , even though she couldn't lie that she was quite shocked at first . The only thing that bothered Jiyeon was a fact of how Jessica could find out such a thing , but Jessica was someone she couldn't estimate her sharpness , being on wheelchair didn't make her any less smarter , then Jiyeon remembered something , she was contemplating whether to ask her girlfriend about it .

 

" But I'm mad at her" Hyomin pouted, an unexpected facial expression from Hyomin made Jiyeon broke into a smile , she looked less mad than when she first entered Jiyeon's place .

" Why are so cute?" Jiyeon's smile turned into playful grin.

" I'm serious" Hyomin frowned harder

" I know you are, but I don't want to see you being so much stressful " Jiyeon said , " Blue doesn't suit you"

 

Jiyeon kept smiling a while longer, encouraging Hyomin to do the same as well, and Jiyeon's effort worked when a small smile finally appeared on Hyomin's face . Hyomin didn't remember when , but since Jiyeon came in her life and played a part nobody had ever did before , the smile from a person in front of her always invited her to smile along . Jiyeon was a reason she wanted to smile and could make her smile even in such a difficult situation.

Jiyeon was satisfied.

" Also you shouldn't be mad at her , I believe she just did what she had to do for you and for her , and if you ask me , I respect her decision , even though it's not what I wanted it to happen" Jiyeon reasoned , Hyomin felt less burdened that Jiyeon understood it.

" I know it but still she did thing without me knowing it or asking me first" Hyomin complained

" There shall be a reason for it" Jiyeon guessed

" A reason I couldn't understand" Hyomin added

" Yeah, we don't always have explanation for everything "

Hyomin listened and thought along , and yes until now she still couldn't find a proper explanation to as why Jessica abruptly interfered her role like she never did before .

Silence took a space until Jiyeon broke it when something came into her mind, she started to feel uneasy when thinking about it.

" Hyomin" Jiyeon formed a question in her mind

" Mm"

" By any chance do you think your sister knows ....?" Jiyeon swallowed

" About us ?" Hyomin finished it

 

They stared into each other's eyes , no answer nor more question was made . Their eyes met instead of the answer.

End of flashback

----------------------------------------------------------

Present

 

Jessica starts to get frustrated when the number she has been trying to call for the past hour can't be reached in any way, her patience seems to run low , it's something Tiffany has never seen before , and she must admit it's quiet scary , although she has seen Jessica in her cold and calm mode before , and witnessed when she was being extremely worried when Hyomin got injured , this time it's beyond anything she has seen , it seems to Tiffany that Jessica is either scared and is point of breaking too.

Either Hyomin turned off her phone or her battery ran empty, Jessica feels restless about it. It took Jessica the whole morning to wait for her sister to show up so she could literarily interrogate her , but it never happens when Hyomin hasn't returned home yet. Jessica decided to swallow her pride to call Hyomin first , but her sister didn't answer the phone .

 

" She could be in one of her friends' ?" Tiffany tries to think of anything possible, she doesn't like seeing Jessica being like this , Jessica doesn't answer , apparently her mind is somewhere else.

" Most of best friends are living overseas" Sooyoung

" Should we call and check hospital around?"
" Don't bring that up Tiffany!"

Jessica hates to be this way, but she can't afford to think about it.

" I'm sorry" Tiffany says

" No worries " Jessica says . Jessica tries to recompose herself , Tiffany doesn't deserve a snap , Jessica think she should also apologize but she before can do so , her phone rings , she expectedly glances her phone , but no it's not the number she is expecting .

" Hello, I'm returning you call" A speaker doesn't seem fully awake judging from her voice , she is calling back a four-missed-call number, she didn't hear a while back when she didn't wake up yet .

" Hi, Park Jiyeon , I'm  Jessica" Jessica flatly responds

" Oh, hello Jessica ssi , how are you ?" Jiyeon is surprised, she forces herself to stay fully awake

" I was trying to reach you because I couldn't get through Hyomin" Jessica explains, " By any chance , is Hyomin with you ?" Jessica goes straight to her point

"Hyomin with me ? No , why would she be with me?"

Jessica's question does nothing but confuses Jiyeon greatly, her head is still bombarding with pain for going out drinking last night

" Are you sure?" Jessica wants a confirmation

" Yes , Hyomin is not with me , wait , is anything wrong ?" Jiyeon asks , she realizes that she didn't hear any words from Hyomin but that was because they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter