Behind Every Story

In Between Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyeon is fascinatingly admiring a tiny designed model which she was told by Eunjung that it is expected be built soon. Jiyeon wonders if it could be a house that her friend plans to move in after she gets married.

 

“Are you telling me it’s gonna be a house where you and your husband-to-be live in?” Jiyeon hesitantly asked

“It could be” Eunjung answered, while she was still busy fixing another architecture model at a long table in the middle of her office.

“What do you mean it could be?” Jiyeon raised her eyes brown at Eunjung’s unsure answer.

“Don’t get me wrong Jiyeon” Eunjung said, “I’m gonna get married with your brother for sure, but who knows when” She added, her hands were adjusting tiny pieces of model.

“Well, it’s not really my business either if you will not marry him” Jiyeon chuckled amusingly

“If I have not known you well enough, I would think that you are jealous over me” Eunjung commented, with a slight laughter.

“Huh , you are not my type” Jiyeon scoffed

“For my pride, I haven’t seen you ended up with any woman your type that you’ve hooked up” Eunjung shot her sarcasm.

“And for your information, I’ve been out with Qri unnie twice now” Jiyeon smiled proudly

“Oh, yeah, that’s the longest I’ve ever heard, any future plan?” Eunjung made a funny comment.

“She is, you know, interesting, but she is so busy” Jiyeon sighed.

“Well, it’s what you will get if you date a doctor” Eunjung narrowed her eyes to view the angle of her model.

“ That comes to my whole point, I need someone who can be there for me” Jiyeon stated , “ If you are seeing someone and it doesn’t make you happier than being alone, so what is a point of being together ?”

“I agree” Eunjung said softly

“Omo, I should have recorded it, you agree with me” Jiyeon playfully commented

" You are not dumb Jiyeon, and I would not have been friend with you this long if I didn’t appreciate your inner smartness.

“ Haha, just because you are architect and good at math, doesn’t mean you are always smart” Jiyeon snapped, “ Especially dating my brother” .

“Just because you don’t get along well, doesn’t mean he doesn’t love me” Eunjung never doubted it.

“Um, I won’t argue on this” Jiyeon, at the bottom of her heart, believes that her brother loves her friend that much.

“I know you know that” Eunjung turned around and smiled.

“Alright, do you have any spare charger, my phone is running out of battery?” Jiyeon started to play with her phone.

“I think I have one in my drawer” Eunjung now focused on her architecture model and wrote down some detail, “You can search through it” She permitted as she was being too busy to get it for Jiyeon.

“Thank you” Jiyeon said.

Jiyeon got up and walked to Eunjung’s desk, opening a first drawer but it wasn’t there, then she got to a bottom one, and found it. As she reached to a charger, she got a glimpse of a polaroid photo laid there. It was a picture of Eunjung and a girl, both smiling broadly, a moment was captured with Eunjung pecking on the girl’s cheek. Jiyeon picked it up for a closer look, she remembered the girl in a photo right away, she was so surprised and the next thing she found, made her heart race faster, a caption underneath a photo .

“Did you find it?” Eunjung’s voice made Jiyeon quickly dropped a photo suddenly.

“Oh yeah” Jiyeon quickly closed a drawer.

“Didn’t you charge your phone earlier?” Eunjung asked

“I went out all night” Jiyeon walked back to a seat , question raised up in her mind.

“I got it” Eunjung said knowingly.

“Oh, I forgot to ask how it’s going on with a company you join” Eunjung asked

“It’s just a start, not much at the moment” Jiyeon looked at Eunjung

“What is the company name again?” Eunjung stopped what she was doing. Jiyeon contemplated a bit, she carefully watched Eunjung.

“It’s called Blue Star Capital” Jiyeon slowly and clearly pronounced a name.

A clang sound produced by a stuff hitting a floor was heard after Jiyeon finished her statement. Eunjung dropped a piece of a metal object she was holding for the model,the reaction didn’t go unnoticed by Jiyeon. She was observing Eunjung while she was purposely telling a name of a company she has recently joined. Her suspicion went beyond. Yes, Eunjung was right, Jiyeon wasn’t a dumb, she was actually very clever and sharp.

“Are you alright?” Jiyeon asked

“Yep” Eunjung crouched down to pick up the material, she smiled dryly, but panic was obvious on her expression.

“Do you know this company?” Jiyeon tried.

“I’ve heard of it” Eunjung quickly answered, “Jiyeon, I’ll be back, I’ll get my staff to fix a model piece” Eunjung told Jiyeon before walking out of her office swiftly. Jiyeon watched her movement. Making sure, Eunjung left, Jiyeon fast approached a drawer and grabbed a polaroid photo, she looked at a caption underneath it again “Love of my life” , then she put into her jeans pocket with a train of thoughts.

       

 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Sooyoung has worked hard on searching a person Jessica gave her a name to find. A recent source she got and could contact, told her that Hwang Tiffany had walked out and they couldn’t provide Sooyoung a contact information due to confidential privacy purpose. But Sooyoung is not kind of person who would take “No” as an answer, her boss’s command is her priority, and nothing she wouldn’t do, and that all led her here in front of a shaky apartment, where Sooyoung hired people to find reliable information for her.

“I’m here to meet Ms. Hwang Tiffany”, Sooyoung pressed on a doorbell intercom, she spoke to it and once she was done she brushed a dust off her finger. Shortly a door opened, revealing a messy hair woman in her sweat shirt and short, her eyes were so puffy as if she just woke up, her clean face without make-up didn’t good impression though.

“Hi, I’m Tiffany, and you are?” Tiffany greeted with her puzzled look

“I’m Choi Sooyoing, I’m here to meet Ms. Hwang on behalf of Ms. Park Jessica” She informed. Tiffany stood there processing what she heard.

“May I come in to sit and talk ?” Sooyoung snapped Tiffany out of her puzzled moment.

“Oh, sorry, please come in” Tiffany said.

“Who is it Tiffany?” Taeyeon asked from inside the room

“ A guest” Tiffany told her roommate.

Sooyoung looked around a tiny apartment, everything looked neat and clean considering how small it was, she caught Tiffany’s friend stealing glance at her in suspicious mode, a short girl pretended not to pay attention, she was scrolling to her phone on a bed and played the game. Tiffany was sitting back with a cup of hot tea she made for Sooyoung.

“Thank you” Sooyoung said

“You’re welcome” Tiffany smiled.

“Well, Ms. Hwang, let me get straight to the point” Sooyoung began

“Okay, but please call Tiffany” Tiffany said.

“Alright Ms. Tiffany” Sooyoung corrected then she was interrupted by Tiffany again.

“Just Tiffany please” Tiffany smiled. Sooyoung inwardly rolled her eyes, she found Tiffany cute and humble though.

“Ok Tiffany, as I introduced myself earlier, I’m Sooyoung , a butler from Park family, working for Ms. Park Jessica and Ms. Park Hyomin” Sooyoung was stating telling a background where Tiffany listened attentively as if she was listening a movie dialogue.

“And?” Tiffany asked.

“If you let me continue this” Sooyoung was upright.

“Oh sorry, I was dying to know who they are and what they have to do anything with me, please go ahead,” Tiffany was awkward.

“If you remember, sometime last week, you did help Ms. Hyomin, Ms. Jessica’s sister and you were with them to hospital” Sooyoung recalled story to seeming confused girl.

“I remember now, that’s why I feel familiar with Jessica’s name” Tiffany clapped her hand upon remembering who Jessica was, she thought she heard Jessica name somewhere but didn’t know her last name, now thing seemed to make sense to her.

“ I guess we are on the same earth now” Sooyoung smiled, dealing with such a silly girl, “ Ms. Jessica wants to thank you properly so she told me to pass you this gift” Sooyoung passed a card to Tiffany.

“Aw, she doesn’t have to, it’s my pleasure” Tiffany smiled, she opened the card and read

To Tiffany,

Thank you so much for helping my sister. I know you may say it was nothing because you did it out of your kindness. But I’m so thankful to you, as you might have noticed my sister is the most precious person in this world for me. Every time I look at her face, a small scar on her forehead reminds how lucky of us to have met you that day, it could have been worse without you.

P.S : I am not good at picking gift, so I hope you don’t mind to select what you want the most by yourself.

Thank you

Park Jessica

Tiffany smiled brightly reading the card, she then pulled out another small paper inside the card envelop to find a cheque , her eyes widened at the amount, she looked at Sooyoung.

“I can’t take this, it’s too much” Tiffany shook her head and handed a cheque back to Sooyoung.

“This is for you, and I can’t take it back” Sooyoung pushed it back.

“What is it Tiffany?” Taeyeon pried in, she got out of her bed to sit next to her friend.

“Wow, that’s equivalent to your half year salary” Taeyeon looked at the cheque.

“That’s why I can’t take it” Tiffany told her friend, Taeyeon had a reluctant look.

“She may really want to thank you” Taeyeon wished her friend accept it.

“I’m leaving now that my mission is done” Sooyoung didn’t want to discuss further.

“Ms. Sooyoung, I can’t really take it” Tiffany stood up after Sooyoung.

“Please don’t make it hard for me Tiffany, if you don’t want me to get fired for not completing my boss’s command” Sooyoung drew out her card.

Judging by Tiffany’s personality, she could tell Tiffany was a kind heart person and it was confirmed by the first impression Jessica still lingered, it was very rare that her boss would do this for other person.

“Yes, Ms. Sooyoung is right, you don’t want her to lose her job huh? ” Taeyeon supported. She, then, whispered to Tiffany’s ear “Remember, you are jobless now, just take it and you can pay back to her later” .Sooyoung heard everything, she smirked lightly.

is my card, please contact me anytime” Sooyoung gave Tiffany and Taeyeon her business cards.

“If you are not comfortable with this, you know what you can do?” Sooyoung came up

“What I can do?” Tiffany asked

“Let’s me give you a hint, we are looking for a caretaker for Ms. Jessica, preferably a nurse , in case you may be interested in changing a new job and do something for her” Sooyoung plainly explained, but inwardly she thought of something bigger. Tiffany and Taeyeon looked at each other.

“ If you don’t mind, I’m taking my leave now” Sooyoung gave a slight bow, in response, Tiffany and Taeyeon did the same.

“ Thank you for coming, and please thank to you boss for me” Tiffany said

“Thank you Ms. Sooyoung” Taeyeon smiled for the first time since Sooyoung’s visit.

 

Sooyoung got into a car with her wide smile, as she thought of her next task that a younger Park, Ms. Hyomin asked her to do “Can you please find a good caretaker for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter