Closer than ever

In Between Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Fighting back drowsiness that built up in her heavy eye-lid, Tiffany forces herself to stay awake a little longer or as long as it’s possible, to remember this feeling where she has drowned herself in a longest stare at a sleeping figure for how long God knows.

Steady breath and regular rise of her chest under the blanket indicates how deep Jessica is drawn into her dreamland, but that’s not a surprise to Tiffany. Jessica suffers from her sleep deprive for days in counting for tirelessly and busily in search of her missing sister… that leads to nothingness but pure disappoint and increasing stress, when a younger Park is nowhere to be found.

It has been almost a week since Park Hyomin has been missing and Jessica has tried each and everywhere to find her, Tiffany knew it wasn’t her place to pry in this family’s business but she just couldn’t bring herself to ignore it and stayed besides Jessica. At first Jessica asked her to leave and not come to work for a while but every day Jessica still found Tiffany appear in her house, trying to offer any assistance she could, and by the time Jessica knew it, Tiffany had already tagged along everywhere and ended up staying over at her house.

Tiffany remembered seeing Jessica’s tear for the first time. It was the fourth day after Hyomin’s gone missing, and with the help of Jessica’s people, they tracked every possible way they could from Hyomin’s car cam which recorded an event where she ran into a lady to a last location she was found talking to someone.

With a ray of hope to find Hyomin in a house where she last dropped a lady, which Tiffany suspected Jessica knew her, but the latter didn’t mention anything so Tiffany chose to respect her.

“Nobody is in this house, and it doesn’t like anybody was in there at all”

Sooyoung with her head low, reported to her boss, who was anxiously waiting to hear any news.

All Tiffany and Sooyoung could hear was a dry scoff, which was more like a sarcasm Jessica was giving to an unknown playing trick with her faith.

“I’m sorry” Sooyoung uttered bitterly, Tiffany couldn’t help but trying to send a supportive gesture to Sooyoung but she failed to see it because she was too upset with the mission.

“It’s not your fault and you know that” Jessica spoke up for the first time, Sooyoung looked up.

“Tell Mr Kim to carry on searching” Jessica ordered

“We will” Sooyoung took the command

“Thanks Sooyoung” Jessica said

After Sooyoung left them alone, Tiffany fidgeted with her fingers, she didn’t really know what else she could say to make Jessica feel better. But who was she to expect a person who was extremely worried about her sister to calm down, though Tiffany didn’t know how it feel like to have a sister, because she was the only child, and all she got was Taeyeon who was like a best friend and sister to her, and she imagined she wouldn’t be any better than Jessica if one day Taeyeon went missing. Lost in her thought for a while, Tiffany was brought back to reality where she was still standing in Jessica’s study room when she heard soft sob.

“Jessica?”

And the sight before her just broke Tiffany’s heart, Jessica was trembling like a lost child, Tiffany wasn’t really ready for this, a weak Jessica, a totally different person from a cold and calm woman she first met.

 

Now apart from fighting with her physical drain and tiredness that could lead her to deep slumber anytime soon, Tiffany was trying hard to restrain herself from her emotional awareness, but she loses to it the moment her lips lands softly on Jessica’s.

 

********************************************

 

Jiyeon forget days and nights, not that she cares to remember the date anyway when her mind is fully occupied and busily sorting thing out, all she knows she has to figure it against the time as day goes by without finding a person she is worried-sick about just adds more weight to her already heavy heart.

Nothing guarantees that it will work but Jiyeon can’t give up, not after failing the first plan with the help from her best friend and second attempt trying to follow Jessica’s car in the hope to find any source only to be caught and insulted by Jessica herself.

Collecting everything she could ever find, Jiyeon is about to dial the number of a person she has never contacted before, her thin fingers haven’t finished a whole set of digit when she is interrupted by a door bell, it rings a couple of time.

“Aish” Jiyeon groans, annoyed but she gets up anyway, wading through a messy living room that she can careless about it, she wearily drags her feet through the door.

Instinct always reminds her to peek through a peephole before answering the door but not this time when her head keeps thinking of something, and she is so mile away.

A surprise frown runs across Jiyeon’s face when she sees who is standing in front of her door

“Eunjung?”

“Hey” Eunjung stutters a bit

Jiyeon stands still, she didn’t expect to see Eunjung here, and after all these years they have known each other, this is the first time Eunjung ever pays her a visit.

“Yeah, it’s me Eunjung” Eunjung tries to joke though she knows it’s not funny.

“Oh, come in” Jiyeon gets over her surprise “Sorry, I didn’t expect to see you”

“I didn’t expect myself to stand in front of your door too” Eunjung follows Jiyeon getting in her condo.

“So what’s up? What bring you here” Jiyeon asks, back facing Eunjung as she leads her friend to a messy living room.

“About Hyomin’s gone missing” Eunjung starts

Jiyeon stops in her track before turning around to face Eunjung, and for the first time in a while Eunjung notices Jiyeon’s cheekbone becoming so visible, her face looks smaller than the last time she met her, it’s no doubt to Eunjung that Jiyeon must’ve been so worried that she might not eat much.

“I just learned about it yesterday” Eunjung answers Jiyeon’s puzzled look

“Mm” Jiyeon mumbles before proceeding to a table in the center of the couch which lay bunches stuff

“How are you?” Eunjung examines items on the table, and it’s not hard to figure that Jiyeon is working on something

“I would be lying if I say I’m ok” Jiyeon pays attention to her laptop

“You should’ve told me, I don’t know but it’s Hyomin, at least let me know, I would do anything to help” Eunjung sounds more like begging than offering help, and Jiyeon doesn’t know why but she feels something in her tone, sort of guilt, it could have been the fact that Hyomin is Eunjung’s past and somewhere in there she still feels something for her, but Jiyeon tries to brush it off, it’s not time.

“I’m sorry, I couldn’t think of anything but how to find her, so I was trying hard” Jiyeon explains, “You know it’s just a real shock to me”

Eunjung nods, she was kinda shocked too when she first heard about it from her boyfriend over the dinner. He didn’t intend to bring up the topic but he was blabbering something about the issue going on at Blue Capital, a company Hyomin runs. The issue was about the chaos happened to the managing board after the president didn’t show up at work and rumor was going around that she was gone missing, and under the search, so the board of directors were playing it against Jessica and forced her to do something .

“Eunjung?” Jiyeon knows it not time but she can’t hold it back

“Shoot it”

“By any chance, do you still have the feeling for Hyomin?”

Eunjung contemplates, she looks at her hand then back to Jiyeon

“No wonder Hyomin likes you” Eunjung gives her a smile, Jiyeon doesn’t interrupt, she knows Eunjung has something else to say.

“You always make it clear, either what you want or how you feel. But me, I was hesitant and wavered by my indecisive heart” Eunjung speaks her heart out. “I must admit I got jealous when I l knew you guys got together, all happy memories from the past were brought back to life and I regretted letting her go but then I realized I let her go when it was her hardest time, I didn’t deserve her at her best” Her voice becomes a bit heavy, “ I have no reason to hate Hyomin because she has done nothing wrong, she was the best memory of my life, and I would take it with me until I die, but my love for her is not the same way I used to feel back then, it changes into another form as time goes by, and it’s not same way I feel for your brother now”

Eunjung concludes it with her smile, as clear as she has ever been honest to herself and her feeling, Jiyeon returns a smile.

“Do you mind to give me a helping hand?” Jiyeon chooses to change a topic when there is nothing left to doubt.

“Sure, I don’t” Eunjung eagerly answers.

 

********************************************

 

Hyomin holds her breath, her heart is beating fast against chest despite being physical fatigue and mentally hopeless, she feels as though adrenaline running through her whole being. And as fast as her thought can go, she opens to say something but decides to shut it when she notices an alert expression from a newcomer standing in front of her and beside Uee and Jung Ah.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter