Promise

In Between Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Someday, someone’s gonna love me

The way I wanted you to need me

Someday, someone’s gonna take your place

One day, I’ll forget about you

You'll see, I won't even miss you 


Someday, someday

Oh huh Goodbye ~

 

Jessica rested her slim fingers on the black and white keys of an elegant piano, ending the last note , getting carried away with the song she loved, sometimes she wondered if it was literally made for her, a heartbreak sad song that she believed she could relate the most, she felt every word of the lyrics, it beat up her heartstring with every note she was playing, as if to remind the scar she wished to forget, after all these years she was the only one holding on to their promise.

 

~ Past ~

 

Too young to even imagine how cruel life could turn, Jessica’s heart was as cold as snow the day her parents were taken away to a better place without the pain. Though people said that, Jessica didn’t find it any comforting, they couldn’t see how devastating she was behind the calm face, it was too soon, how she would ever think for a split second that her wonderful life with happy family anyone could ever have, would be facing such a fate. It was unprepared, her parents didn’t even get chance to see her graduating and be proud of her nor that her dad would ever walk her down the aisle one day as he promised. Drowning in her tear and pain, Jessica was so lost and isolated, for a long while, forgetting one another soul who shared the same pain as she did.

 

" Miss . Jessica?” A maid called urgently with a few rushing knocks on the door, Jessica opened her eyes from her sleep, she wasn’t sleepy but it was the only way for her to escape the pain. Feeling annoyed, but Jessica managed to get up, and answered the door.

“What’s the matter?” Cold and calm her face and voice were, it could give someone a shiver, but not for a young Choi whose family had been serving this family for decade since she was kid.

“Miss Jessica, my father couldn’t find Miss. Hyomin at school, she wasn’t there when he was picking her up” Sooyoung informed with her panicky voice. Jessica just stood there listening as if it was some sort of news from TV that she never paid attention at.

“Did she tell anyone where she was going?” Jessica asked calmly.

“I didn’t think she ever talked to anyone at all these day besides you” Sooyoung answered, if she wasn’t wrong Sooyoung could swear Jessica stared as her as if she was throwing her a life searching answer.

“Tell the uncle Choi to look for her at her friends’, let me know when she comes back” Jessica instructed before closing the door and disappeared to her room.

“Yes, I will” Sooyoung could only answer to the door, before complying her young master’s order.

In the dark room, Jessica was thinking about going back to sleep, ready to escape the reality, but then she heard the voice inside her head, it was her mom’s sweet voice.

“Jessica my dear, there would come the time when I couldn’t be with you and that was why God gave you your little sister who will always have your back, and you’ll never be alone. Remember to cherish each other, and be each other strength” Jessica’s mom smiled gently as she was patting Jessica’s head

Then another memory emerged in her mind, with her father hugging her in his strong pair of arms teaching young Jessica how to be a kind heart person and how to protect her younger sister.

“I know your little arms wouldn’t be strong to punch anyone bullying Hyomin, which I don’t want too” Mr. Park giggled “But I believe your arms are stronger than that when you hold someone you love and want to protect, your arms hold magical power, it makes the person in your arms feel the warmth and strength when they need it the most” He hugged Jessica who listened carefully in his arms

“I’ll protect our little Hyomin, daddy” Jessica looked up at her father and said with her strong will.

“You are my brave little lady, and I’m proud of you” Her father kissed her forehead.

Tears were forming in her eyes, just thinking about the voice and smile that she would never ever see them again, it brought another wave of heartache to her already fragile heart.

“Please give me strength to carry on, Mom ~ Dad” Jessica whispered.

 

Jessica found herself inside the playground, tightened her coat as it was raining, one hand was holding an umbrella walking through dark pavement depending on street light poles and spot light from playground itself. She didn’t remember coming here since she started middle school, it used to be their favorite place.. Her eyes were roaming around, it didn’t look like anyone could be here, but Jessica knew her sister better than anyone. Walking past the swing, she saw couple of concrete pipes which were here since she could remember.

“Jessica?” The girl sat hugging her knee inside the hole of the pipe seemed to notice her sister’s presence.

“Lucky you, it’s me” Jessica said before putting down her umbrella and got herself a shelter inside the huge pipe hole which could fit both of them, Hyomin made room for her sister by moving her stuff.

“I was about to go home when it started to rain” Hyomin explained as she put her backpack into her lap so Jessica got the plenty of room.

“Thanks” Jessica sat down next to her sister. “ I wanted to have a walk so I came” She said , Hyomin gavea light smile.

Two sister didn’t know what to talk, just looking at each other, Jessica could see the pain in her sister’s eyes, so did Hyomin. For a long moment, then Jessica was the one to start.

“I’m sorry” Jessica apologized out of nowhere.

“What’s for?” Hyomin asked.

“For have not being there” Jessica felt worse than any realization could ever hit her, she literally forgot her sister wallowing in her own despair

“Please don’t be, I’m fine as long as I know you’re there” Hyomin said, understood all the pain they were going through. “I just hope to make you feel better but I don’t know how” She lowered her head.

“I’m a bad sister, am I?” Jessica tried hard to hold back tear

“No, you are not” Hyomin shook her head, “Your existence is enough to remind me that at least I’m not alone, I’ve got you” Hyomin shed her tear while smiling gratefully.

“Aw, Minnie” Jessica couldn’t hold back anymore.

“I just wish you would talk to me, you know, I’m here and I’ll always be here for you” Hyomin wiped her tear away. Jessica cried uncontrollably. Hyomin turned around to give her sister a hug.

“Thank you for looking for me” Hyomin said, giving her sister a comforting hug.

“And thank you for finding me” Jessica uttered through the tear.

This was the miracle her father ever mentioned. It wasn’t Hyomin who got lost in this overwhelming loss, instead it was Jessica who couldn’t get herself above the tragedy and got lost, but now she was found again in this warm embrace of understanding and love, she was found when she was looking for someone that she temporarily forgot, it was their bond that saved her.

 

It took the two sisters for years to get back up and lived their lives happily ever again. Always sticking around together, Jessica was attached to her sister and never warmed up to anyone until she met a girl who turned world around, Jessica felt in love with Yuri so did Yuri. Among few friends Jessica had, Yuri was the only special person she truly welcomed into her world. Jessica learned to love and it was great feeling to be loved. Their relationship was growing strong as their went more mature.

“Won’t you really come back with me?” Jessica asked, hoping that Yuri would change her mind and go back Korea with her. It was a week after completing her Bachelor Degree that Jessica and Yuri started to discuss more seriously about their futures.

“Please Jessie, you’ve already known how hard for me to be away from you, but I’m getting there, the producer is quite happy with our project” Yuri was feeling uncomfortable, it wasn’t easy for her to choose between going back homeland with girlfriend right now and reaching for her dream.

“I just ask” Jessica knew she was making it hard for Yuri and her girlfriend was achieving her dream which she would be happy for her.

“Hey, instead of having me going back Korea with you, why don’t you consider staying here? You can do many things from here” Yuri suggested.

“I can’t Yuri, I’m going back for my family business, it’s already overdue to have someone else managing the company instead of the Park” Jessica reasoned.

“Let’s me ask you honestly, is that your dream?” Yuri asked, looking straight into her girlfriend’s eyes.

“What do you mean by “My dream”?” Jessica sensed Yuri’s question was a bit underrated

“I don’t know, for some reasons I feel like you always put your sister first” Yuri pondered.

“Of course, she is my sister” Jessica defended “But what does Minnie has anything to do with my dream? She started feeling a bit aggravated

“Please don’t get me wrong, but I think you let your sister to go for her dream while you are just taking responsibility for family, and you are not living your dream at all” Yuri said, which bothered Jessica.

“Yuri, I’m doing this to make my parents proud of me” Jessica emphasized every word she was saying.

“Alright, as long as you are happy, whatever you’re doing I’ll always support you and I want to make sure I’m there when you achieve it” Yuri smiled assuring that she understood Jessica, and Jessica believed so, she believed Yuri would always be there watching her while she was making her way to the success but it was only a belief that wasn’t strong enough to be true.

 

“Goodbye” Jessica hummed the last word of lyrics.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

" I don’t think I could possibly convince you to make you change your mind huh?” Jiyeon’s father was sighing as he rested his back on his chair, after an hour talk, he still got the same statement from his daughter.

“No, appa” Jiyeon strongly confirmed.

“Jiyeon ah, shall you just at least give it a try , you’ll learn a lot from your brother?” As a father having daughter and son going against each other was never peace in his mind.

“I’ll rather go big or go home” Jiyeon was standing for herself , her father heaved a long sigh again, he was contemplating for a moment .

“Alright” He made a decision, before reaching for a file and handed it to Jiyeon

“And ?” Jiyeon looked at the cover of the file and back to her father.

“ This is the company that we are their partner as stockholder, and you’ll be learning a lot as a board of director” Her father stated seriously.

“Board of Directors?” Jiyeon asked.

“Yes , as mentioned with our shareholder, you will be making as one of executives for board of directors, that you will act on our company behalf but for fiduciary interest, and play important role on making some crucial decision, and you’ll have your own office in their company” Her father explained.

“Well, that sounds cool, appa” Jiyeon was excited

“Jiyeon , you gotta take the step and be serious now” Her father chided

“I’m being serious here” She argued. Her father just shook his head.

“If anything you need to know more about this company you can ask Yoochun’s secretary” Her father added.

“Thank you but I’m ok” Jiyeon picked up the file, she hated when her father mentioned this name.

“Are you leaving?” He asked

“Yes, is anything else you wanted to talk ?” Jiyeon paused.

“ I’m just wondering if you would go for lunch with me , we are having some senior executives over” He was tentatively asking

“ I guess Yoochun is going ?” Jiyeon was making her assumption which shortly was confirmed by her father as he nodded.

“I’d rather not go then” Jiyeon took the file and was making her way out.

“ Jiyeon” Her father called.

“ Maybe later CEO nim” Jiyeon bowed to him

On the way out, Jiyeon was cursing under her breath as she was passing her brother, he wore an arrogant shade on his face.

“Hey, how is daddy’s girl?” Yoochun smirked as she greeted his little sister.

“I was way bette

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter