Sisters

In Between Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyomin’s POV

“Let’s break up” He finally said it.

Here it goes again, I can only blankly stare at his face, it’s not hard to tell how struggling for him to bring this up.

“You know I can’t put up with this anymore” He added

I don’t blame him at all

“Won’t you say anything to me?” He looked at me astonishingly

What should I say to make him change his mind when I know he is leaving?

“Please at least say something” He begged hopefully

“I wish you luck” I do really mean it

“Is that all?” He asked in disbelief

“I’m sorry but I gotta go now” I glanced at my wristwatch.

“Hyomin” He called after me but I didn’t look back

The same old story with same old ending, it has happened to me countless times and the breakup at least for me lost its meaning, I felt nothing but relieved.

Slowly maneuvering my car to the main gate, I’m shaking off the earlier conversation that is faintly lingered on my mind, I must admit it made me down a bit but it’s not enough to make me regret when it’s the best way out for both of us, and it’s over. Now I’m going to put my smile back for my precious person who matters the most in my life.

Since kid, I wasn’t a home person, I loved wandering and going out, my passion for travelling and exploring the world I got from mom was showing when I was teenage, which it was totally opposite from my older sister who loved staying home and barely set her feet on the plane. But now a day, I love the homey feeling it gives off every time I step into the house, and I smile.

 

“Good evening” I wrap my arms around a neck of a person sitting absently-mindedly

“You are 25 minutes late today” She whined in her cute cat-like tone.

“Traffic is not so friendly” I told her

“I can imagine” Her voice got softer

“Did you do something fun today?” I changed the subject showing my interest in her daily life.

“Today I finished a book, can you believe it?” She asked

“Wow, that’s very impressive” I never wondered in her ability to read

“I know right?” Jess said proudly of herself.

“I can’t never make it to 10 pages before falling asleep” I made fun of myself, which I smiled when I heard my sister’s laughter.

“You’ve picked up my habit” She stated, tiling her head showing her priceless expression

“I suppose you mean a good quality one?” I furrowed my eyebrow

“If you consider laziness as one” Jessica said nonchalantly

“Well, I love you even though you are lazy” I added.

“So you admit my laziness is one of your favorite things” Jessica said.

“I couldn’t agree more” I put my chin above her head, messing with her fine blonde hair.

 

Jess or Jessica, my sister and only family member I’ve got left in this life, the most gentle yet bravest person I’ve ever known, I couldn’t have gotten today without her . My guardian angel and life savor. It might seem to have happen long time ago but the scenes could always recall itself as if it just happened yesterday.

 

3 Years Ago

“Really Minnie?” Jessica was whining as she was being dragged out of her bed by her hyperactive sister.

“It’s nice out there Jess” Hyomin didn’t give up

“That’s a perfect reason to sleep longer” Jessica was fight back through her drowsy eyes.

“Spring is calling, and I want to go for a nice strolling with you” Hyomin pulled Jessica by the arm.

“Why don’t you call your girlfriend then?” Jessica asked

“I’ll meet Eunjung for dinner tonight, but that isn’t the case, I just wanna spend first day of spring with you” Hyomin was pleading, she released Jessica’s hand before sitting on the edge of bed.

“Say that again” Jessica pretended not to hear it

“I want to spend a quality time with my sister, but if she chooses her bed over her sister, it’s fine then” Hyomin was pouting as her face was facing Jessica. Jessica glanced at her sister back.

“Aww, in a million years, this Park Jessica, would never ever choose her million dollars heavenly soft bed over her baby sister” Jessica sweetly said then attacking her sister by wrapping her arms around Hyomin’s waist.

“Minnie?” Jessica called out as she received silence from Hyomin.

“Are you going for a walk with me?” Hyomin asked softly

“I say yes” Jessica answered

“You’re the best” Hyomin turned around with big smile on her face.

“So you are” Jessica hugged her sister wholeheartedly

 

As it was told, the weather was so nice that Jessica didn’t regret leaving her comfy bed , and even though Jessica was known as a lazy head, and not an athlete type as Hyomin was, when it came to her little sister, Jessica wouldn’t not complain to walk either . Arm clung to her sister, two sisters were enjoying a wonderful day, the beginning of Spring, chatting about anything.

 

“So is Yuri unnie coming to visit this Mid May?” Hyomin looked ahead as her arm linked with her sister.

“That what she told me, she is going to take a long vacation” Jessica smiled as she was talking about her love.

“Ah, I can’t wait to see her , it has been a while” Hyomin said

“Yeah, oh Yuri said hi to you ,when we were on Face-time last night” Jessica told her sister.

“You should go and visit her , if you missed her that much” Hyomin sister.

“Who said I missed that girl ?” Jessica pursed up her lips in disagreement

“You could lie the whole world but not me” Hyomin said knowingly

“I hate you little girl of mine” Jessica playfully pouted

“Seriously unnie, I don’t see a reason why you have to be hard to yourself, just get a ticket and fly to see her” Hyomin suggested.

“Well, it’s not my fault, Yuri should move back here already” Jessica was reasoning.

“You two are both stubborn” Hyomin shook her head

“That makes us the couple” Jessica smiled

“I’m not complimenting” Hyomin rolled her eyes.

“Well I’d love to go to see her too” Jessica started in a matter of fact tone

“But our company is in hassle right now, I should stay” Jessica was in her serious mode.

“I’m sorry unnie , I’m not much of the help” Hyomin felt bad that her sister was responsible for a company heritage by their parents.

“No worry, and it’s not all truth, you are my great supporter, and that helps me a lot, it keeps me going” Jessica gave her sister a gentle smile before reaching her younger sister’s head and messing up with her brown hair adorably.

“Thank you” Hyomin smiled with gratitude, she was always thankful to her sister who always supported her dream and let her pursuit her dream while Jessica was handling a bigger responsibility.

“Anything for you and you know that” Jessica smiled.

“I love you sis” Hyomin said

“Let me think about it” Jessica paused, which made Hyomin stopped at her track.

“I guess I love you too” Jessica said before pecking on Hyomin’s cheek adorably.

" Unnie , people are staring!” Hyomin felt embarrassed.

“Who cares” Jessica shrugged.

“Whatever” Hyomin just sighed.

This was made the two sisters different, Jessica was a type of person who didn’t hesitate to express her love to people around and she would careless about what people might think, while Hyomin was more conservative when it came to expressing herself, she loved her sister, and she didn’t mind it but she barely showed her affection in public.

“Alright, wait for me here, I’ll get you a bottle of water” Hyomin offered to go and get the drink from minimart across the street for her sister.

“Ok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter