Then Comes Baby in a Baby Carriage

For the Times in Between

A/n: Now we have something nicer.


Joshua had taken the day off. One, because Jeonghan made him and two, he didn’t feel good at all. Laying in their bed he groaned a little. It was so weird. He was tired and achey, not in the after way but in the I’ve got a cold way. But at the same time, he felt nauseous and moody. It was so weird.

He felt a lurch in his stomach. Quickly he got to his feet and ran to their bathroom, throwing up the contents of his morning breakfast. Heaving the last bits, he wiped his mouth. Maybe it was time to see the doctor.


“When was the last time you had your heat Mr. Hong?”

Joshua nearly jumped. He was too focused on getting his back to stop screaming at him. “About two months ago.”

“You indicated on the form that it was unprotected ?”

“Yes,” Joshua answered, “we,” he blushed, “around the half way point of my heat ran out of condoms and while I was on the pill we still didn’t go get anymore and just rode it out without any.”

The doctor nodded. “Perhaps we need to run a different test,” he said with a smile.

“Oh,” Joshua said quietly, understanding the implications.


“Given the preliminary results,” he said looking at the chart. He shook his head, changing his mind, “For now go home and rest. The other lab results will be back by tomorrow and I’ll give you call.”

He nodded. “Thank you doctor.”

Joshua went home and sat in bed. A baby. It was a huge possibility he was pregnant and they’d be parents soon. Oh dear. They weren’t even actively trying. Smiling into his hands, he laid back down, deciding to take a nap. A baby. One that was made of their own blood. He could hope.


Joshua sat on couch staring at his phone. The doctor had said the next day and here he was waiting. Jeonghan had made him stay home for one more day, worried about his health and Joshua obliged. When would the doctor call?

Huffing he got up and went to grab a bottle of juice. He needed to distract himself. Rifling through the pantry he grabbed some cookies too. He would catch up on his favorite drama.

The phone rang. Running on their floors, he nearly skid before jumping on the couch.

“Hello?” He breathed slowly, waiting to hear the news.

“Ah, Mr. Hong,” the doctor smiled. “We have the results.”

“And?” Joshua needed to know.

“Congratulations are in order. You’re just under two months pregnant. We’ll have to make a series of appointments with the obstetrician’s department for you. And then in a few months an ultra sound for the of the baby.”

Clutching at his phone, Joshua nodded, before remembering the doctor couldn’t see him. “Right. Thank you,” he answered, smiling so hard.

“Congratulations again. We’ll call back later,” he laughed, “I think you want to tell someone the good news?”

“Yes.”

“Goodbye Mr. Hong.”

Joshua squealed as the call ended. A baby. Quickly he tapped on Jeonghan’s cellphone. Hopefully he wasn’t busy at this moment. He shook his leg waiting for Jeonghan to pick up.

“Hello? Baby what’s up? Are you feeling worse?”

“No,” he said with enthusiasm. “Better,” Joshua added with a grin.

Chuckling Jeonghan asked, “What’s with the call then?”

“News Jeonghan. Good news,” he said shyly.

“What’s the news then?”

Joshua could hear Jeonghan’s smile and no doubt his eyes softened, like whenever Joshua would say something cute or loving.

“Pregnant,” he breathed out, “a baby. An actual one. There’s going to be a baby soon.”

“A baby? Shua are you sure?”

“The doctor called, said I’m two months along.” He laughed. “We’re going to be parents Jeonghan.”