Picnics

For the Times in Between

After the pregnancy announcement, but before they plan to leave for LA


 

“Let me take that,” Jeonghan said, grabbing the basket out of Joshua’s hands.

“I can carry things still,” Joshua argued, picking up the mat. “The doctor said just no heavy things.”

“It’s heavy darling,” he pointed out. Smiling at Joshua he repeated, “The basket is heavy so doctor’s orders.”

Joshua punched him on the arm. “You think you’re so funny.” Jeonghan had taken to following the doctor’s orders down to every letter and then some. It was half endearing and frustrating at points.

“I am,” he said cheekily. Going over to Joshua, he wrapped an arm around him, kissing Joshua on the forehead. “For the baby and you ok?”

Frowning at Jeonghan, Joshua nodded reluctantly. For their baby, he thought, rubbing at his semi flat belly.

“Now, let’s go to the park and have a date. You, me, and baby before he comes into the world.”

Joshua laughed. “He won’t like going on dates with us when he’s born. Babies want rest.”

“He’d like some things. But we couldn’t be out too long. Which is fine,” Jeonghan pointed out.  “But outings will be good on a small scale. And dates at night we’ll just have one of our friends baby sit,” Jeonghan said blithely.

Raising a brow, Joshua said, “Uh huh. Night dates. You mean uninterrupted .”

Jeonghan smirked at him. “After you heal up you know you’ll want . And it’s best for the baby not to be here while we get a part of life back.”

Joshua smacked him on the arm again. “We’ll get to that when the baby is born. Let’s go before I feel like staying home.”

“Of course, your highness. Whatever my prince wants,” Jeonghan teased.

Choosing to ignore that Joshua walked to the garage, using the mat to smack Jeonghan in the gut.


Jeonghan had sighed in contentment. It was nice day to be out and about with his pregnant husband. Stretching his arms, he wrapped them around Joshua’s growing stomach. “Eat more. You’re eating for two now.”

Munching on sandwich, Joshua pinched the skin on Jeonghan’s hand in irritation. He knew Jeonghan meant well but a little less concern would be nice. “I am eating. Take your nap old man.”

Jeonghan chuckled, moving his body into a lying position. “The old man who knocked you up,” he mumbled into Joshua’s tummy. “I’m going to make you all round and rosy with my baby.”

“ert,” Joshua murmured. Wiping his hands on a napkin, he started to pet Jeonghan’s head. “Go on. I know you’re tired from the last project.”

“Hmm,” Jeonghan hummed. “I might be a ert but you loved everything I’ve ever done to you. And I’m fine.” He was lying. He could feel himself being lulled into sleep with the rhythmic petting.

Joshua started to sing, a light tune that he liked. He kept brushing Jeonghan’s hair, feeling his breathing even out against his stomach, his head nestled in Joshua’s lap. He would need the sleep. Joshua was going to run him ragged soon enough with cravings.