A Little bit of Heaven in our Life

For the Times in Between

“Jeonghan!” Where was his stupid husband? The stupid alpha who knocked him up, which was why he was feeling like his stomach was being ripped apart right now. “Yoon Jeonghan! We need to go to the hospital right now!” Joshua’s legs shook. Their baby wanted out. Now!

“Right here!” He slid into view, hands holding onto Joshua’s bags for the hospital stay.

“Now,” Joshua snapped harshly. “We need to go now. Before I have our baby in our house!”

Jeonghan’s eyes held fear. Joshua could see it. The way Jeonghan’s pupils danced.

Jeonghan gulped and nodded, holding Joshua gently, he started to move them to the car. As quick as he could anyhow.


He held onto Joshua’s hand, hiding his wince as Joshua squeezed down hard. Joshua was strong and now with the surge of hormones he was even stronger. Jeonghan feared if Joshua didn’t let up, his darling would crush his hand. “Baby,” he said, “breathe. In and out like the class taught you. The doctor will be here soon.”

Joshua glared at him, breathing as he was taught. In between breaths, he growled. “I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for you.”

Jeonghan would’ve argued that Joshua had asked for him to help, nearly moaned in want since he was in heat, but he valued his balls and his life and he knew Joshua was just feeling angry thanks to the hormones. He wisely shut up.

“Ahh, there we are.” Dr. Lee walked in, all smiles. “Guess we’re ready to begin.”

“No ,” Joshua spat.

Wincing, Jeonghan knew that if Joshua remembered this later on, he would be sad that he let his hormones get the better of him.

Dr. Lee nodded. “Let’s get you prepped for your C-section then.”


“You’ll feel a slight sting maybe,” Dr. Lee mumbled behind the screen. “The worst is over but there’s still the closing up to be done.”

Joshua was too entranced by the cries of his son to even care about the slight tugging he felt as Dr. Lee sewed up the incision he made. “Jeonghan,” he whispered, “our son. That’s our baby.”

Jeonghan nodded, squeezing Joshua’s hand. “You did such a good job Shua.”

The nurse came over, smiling as she handed over a blue blanket wrapped bundle. “Here we are. I think he’s a bit hungry.” Another nurse popped over with a fresh bottle of milk.

Joshua always thanked evolution for making it impossible for male omegas to lactate and make milk, but right now, hearing his baby cry out in hunger pained him. He almost wished he could make milk and feed his child sooner.

Dr. Lee in the meanwhile moved the screen away. “All done. We’ll talk about precautions once you all settle down.” He smiled, “Congratulations you two.” He walked away, speaking quietly to a few nurses before leaving to wash up.

Jeonghan gently brushed the black wet hair on their son’s head. “Look at what we made Shua.”

Blinking, Joshua sniffled. Holding onto his first child, he made sure to secure the bottle. “He looks like you.”

Jeonghan laughed. Bending down he kissed Joshua on the forehead. “Is that a bad thing? It doesn’t matter. He’s ours.”

“I want—”

“Hanuel,” Jeonghan finished. “I know,” he murmured. “Whatever you want.” He fought with Joshua at first over the name of their son, saying that Haneul was a bit cheesy and was it really necessary to use the ending syllable of Jeonghan’s. But looking at their little child now, it fit.

Joshua laughed, his throat filled with tears. “He’s so cute.” Haneul let go of the bottle, his tiny lips trembling. “Ooh,” Joshua cooed. “Come here. I got you.” With Jeonghan’s help, he lifted Haneul to his chest. “Daddy and I waited a long time for you,” Joshua said. Kissing his newborn on the forehead, he said, “Welcome to the world my darling.”