Line of Sight

For the Times in Between

Right before chapter 1 and a bit in the time of chapter 1 from Jeonghan's POV


“You’re getting a fiancé,” his dad said.

Jeonghan googled at him. “What? Was this why you called me home?” He remembered a vague phone call to come back to the family home for dinner. This was the reason?

“Your tendencies to go through lovers is,” his mom pulled a face, “distasteful. You’re no longer at the age to be throwing people away like tissues.”

“Mom,” Jeonghan said, leaning across the table, his eyes imploring. He hoped he could persuade his mom into convincing dad that this wasn’t the way to go.

She shook her head. “Not on this. It’s unbecoming for the successor of the company. Don’t think we haven’t heard the rumors of you going around the company either. It’s either this or I’ll be calling you and texting you every day, every hour with a new person.”

Lips thinning, Jeonghan nodded. His mom would never budge, that much he knew. “Who is it?”

“The son of CEO Hong. The owner of Polaris Inc.” His dad slid a folder over to him.

“Son? Omega?” Jeonghan gingerly picked it up, sighing once before opening it.

“Yes,” his mom said as he stared at the folder in horror. “He’s a cute thing.”

“He’s a young thing!” He dropped the folder like it was on fire. “He just turned seventeen?!”

As his dad, took a bite of his steak he said, “His father wanted to give his only child a layer of protection. You’re an alpha and well off. You’re almost perfect.”

Jeonghan whipped his head over to his mom. “Isn’t this a bit much? There’s almost a ten year age difference.”

“Joshua is a fine boy.” She leveled her eyes at him. “You have no choice.” She decided not to mention that no one else was interested. Too many rumors and hearing gossip of Jeonghan ruining people made people shake their heads, money or not.

Jaw still open, Jeonghan sat there speechless.


Straightening his jacket, he checked himself in the mirror once more. That last little meet up took longer than it should’ve. Now he was late. Ruffling his hair, he smiled and walked into the restaurant.

He spotted his parents and smiled as his mom gave him the disapproving eye. “Sorry I’m late,” he said. “I had some business to take care of.”

He heard a little snort and then he looked down. There in the flesh was his fiancé. The baby omega from the pictures. And he did indeed look young. But the little get up he was wearing. What was this kid trying to pull?

Abruptly his chair was pushed back. “I’m going to the bathroom,” he said, ignoring the look his own dad gave him.

Jeonghan watched as Joshua walked past the tables.