Chapter 2

The Sun that never Withered

Chapter 2

 

A few days later Taiyang was seen strolling in the royal garden near the Emperors Palace with her maid, Cuifeng, at her side.

"Do you think I'm over thinking?" She asked her maid.

"No," Cuifeng shakes her head cutely with a frown. "Crown Princess, I think you have a reason to feel the way you do."

"I do?" She stops and tries to look into her maids eye.

Cuifeng smiles, "Yes, you're the crown princess, you can feel however you want to feel."

It made Taiyang feel a little bit better to know that someone really cares about her feelings. Other than the Emperor-- her father, no one else pays attention to her. She kind of feels sometimes that her older sisters doesn't like her too.

"I think I want to pay Weiting a visit today." She claps her hands together and shuffles her shoulders back and forth with love.

"Today?" Cuifeng gasped. "You can't leave the palace today!"

"Why not?" She pouts.

"Because leaving the palace will need a 3 day approval from the Emperor." Cuifeng explains to her. "How about we wait for 3 days, I'll let the Emperor know,"

"No!" Taiyang cutely shakes her head. "I want to see him today! We sneak out the same way we always do,"

"But, we usually sneak out at night, it's still morning! C-Crown Princess!" Cuifeng yelled a little trying to stop her but failed to do so.

 

Chan Resident, later that morning;

 

Weiting was seen sitting in his reading chambers reading a book that had letters penetrating 'War' on it. He seemed really into the book as he sat in complete silence for the last few hours. A light aroma smell of pureness traveled around his room as he had previously lit an incense in the middle of the room. He flips the page and continues the book with pace.

"Weiting," A knock came at his door breaking the silence.

"Come in," He approved whoever it was, to enter through.

Weiting looks up and places his book onto his desk, "Boran?" He was surprised to see his best friend entering through the doors. "What brings you here?"

Dong Boran, Weiting's best friend and a war general of Northern Zhao State who is skilled in combat, walks into the room. He is tall, had a lighter tan than Weiting himself and pretty almond shaped eyes.

He didn't shut the door all the way as he walked into the room.

"Today is rest day. Why are you trying to invade in my space?" Weiting with a smile and picks his book back up to read.

Boran tries his best to smile along, "Because it is your rest day I wanted to bother you." He walks over and takes a seat near his desk.

"... What's the matter?" Weiting noticed the worried tone in Boran's voice.

Boran takes in a deep and long breathe and looks at him, "The Emperor gave my father a decree today.."

Weiting knew it was serious when his friend suddenly mentioned the Emperor, "Regarding?" He looks up and over to his friend.

"... The Emperor is moving my father back to Muban. I think I'll have to go too."

Weiting and Boran has fought in many battles together and growing up together as best friends, Weiting could never imagine life without his friend at his side for support-- vice versa.

"Why?" Weiting asked with a frown. "Why all of a sudden?"

Boran shrugged his shoulders up and down, "I'm not too sure about the real reason, but I know that my father has requested for this opportunity for a while now. I'm just afraid that I'll be stationed in Muban for a while. I won't be able to help you during your battles for the time being..."

"I see," Weiting places his book down and his hands on his knees, "It's okay. It's been a while since you went back to your hometown anyways. Just think of it as a vacation for a while." He tried to lift up his friends mood.

Boran chuckled, "It would be great if it really was a vacation."

"Yes," Weiting agrees, "It's been a long time since we all had a vacation. I'll pay you a visit once you settle in Muban."

"Hao," Boran stands on his feet, "I just wanted to drop by and let you know in person that I will be moving back to Muban. I didn't mean to disturb your space."

"I know, when are you leaving?"

"In 2 days."

"Hao, I'll come see you off then."

"Sounds good!" Boran said and turns to leave the room, "... Oh yeah," Boran stopped himself from leaving and peeks over to Weiting again. "Don't forget to invite me to your wedding." He gave a charming smile. "It's a sight I need to see with my own eyes. The serious and cold bachelor finally getting married!"

For decades Weiting has never once talked about marriage-- nor has never wanted to marry.

"My wedding?" Weiting thought, "Who says I'm getting married?"

"You didn't hear?" Boran crossed his arms on his chest, "I hear everyone in your resident talking about your marriage with the crown princess... It couldn't possibly be that the lord of this resident himself hasn't heard of it?"

Weiting rolls his eyes to the side and stands on his feet too, "The Emperor engaged us..." He said and walks out from behind his desk, "But I never said I was going to marry her. All of this was the Emperor's plan, not mine."

Boran frowns in confusion, "So... You're not going to marry her?" He felt a little bad for her for some odd reason.

Weiting didn't know how to respond to his question. It's not that he didn't want to, it's just that he felt like he had more things he wanted to do before tying himself down-- or so he wants to use as an excuse not to marry a blind princess.

"Why? It's every man's dream to marry the Crown Princess!" Boran exclaimed.

Of course! It's every man's dream to marry the Crown Princess--!

"Then you marry her," Weiting responded and Boran took a few steps back emotionally. "... I didn't mean it like that, I just feel like I need to accomplish more before settling down."

Boran knew that was an excuse for a man like Weiting, "You don't want to marry her... Is it because she's blind?"

A pair of small foot was seen hiding a few steps away at the door way. It belonged to someone who was eavesdropping on the conversation.

"Crown Princess," Cuifeng carefully whispered into her ears as the two of them were standing just outside the doorway. "Let's go now, we'll visit general Chan next time since he's still in a meeting with General Dong." She worried for Taiyang, grabbing her arms gently.

Taiyang did her best to smile and pretended not to hear the conversation just now, "Hao, let's go." She wanted to cry so bad but held it in.

As the two of them quietly turns to leave the yard, Taiyang's rosy silk handkerchief fell from her side pockets and onto the ground it laid.

Weiting glared into Boran's soul, "It's not because she is blind..." He denied it from his mouth. "I just don't want to be tied down yet. I still have many battles to fight." He said and turns away.

"Hao, hao, hao," Boran gave in, "I knew from the start that you never wanted to marry her. Not to mention her-- even other girls you wouldn't even look at... But the Crown Princess isn't a bad person. Although she is blind, she is gifted in other areas."

Weiting cleared his throat quickly and rubs his hands together as he listened to Boran.

"The Crown Princess is a good person. Marrying her will do good for your family too, especially because your family is descendants of great generals. She is skilled in war tactics and wisdom that can help you fight and win more battles..."

Weiting didn't care if she could or can't help him. He felt like there was more he needed to do before settling down.

"She is also the Emperors favorite daughter..." Boran stops and noticed the blank expression on Weiting's face, "... Never mind, it's up to you if you want to marry her or not."

Boran ends the conversation and turns to leave the room until suddenly a male servant of the Chan resident enters.

"Young master," The male servant greets Weiting first. "General Dong," He turns to greet Boran.

"What's the matter?" Weiting asked as Boran stares at the servant.

"The Crown Princess was here to visit you." He replied with a shaky voice as he didn't dare to look up with his eyes.

"What?" Weiting gasped. "When? Where is she?" He seemed panicked a little.

Boran bit his lips. Was she here?

"I-I was going to come inform you but she insisted that she wants to surprise you."

Weiting carved a deep frown and shouted a little, "Where is she!?"

"She just left a moment ago." He bowed quickly with shivers down his spine.

Weiting quickly rushes out the doorway with Boran following closely behind. They came out to the yard and looks around to an empty yard.

"Do you think she heard us?" Boran asked as he approaches Weiting from behind.

"No," Weiting shakes his head. "She couldn't have." He begins to worry. What if she did?

Boran noticed the sudden change in personality in Weiting's eyes. It seems like he was worried and scared.

"Y-Young master," The male servant gasped as he noticed the rosy colored silk handkerchief on the ground, "Look," He grabs it and brings it to Weiting's eyes. "I believe this belongs to the Crown Princess... Isn't it the handkerchief you had made for her birthday last year?"

Weiting grabs the handkerchief and rolls it into his fist, "It is," He admitted and bit his teeth.

Boran smacks his lips together tightly and walks a few steps ahead, "Visit her, tell her the truth... She's of a wise mind, I believe she won't blame you." He said and pats Weiting on the shoulders.

Weiting stared at him without saying a word.

"I'll take my leave now. Good luck!" He said and leaves the yard as well.

What just happened? Weiting has a full stomach of emotions swirling around now. He peeks at the handkerchief in his hand and takes in a deep breath. Was he worried that she was mad at him, or was he worried that he had now lost her because of what he had said. Like Boran said, the crown princess is a kind hearted person. She is someone Weiting doesn't wish to hurt.