You taught me how perfectly two hearts can beat as one.

Sweetness Of The Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae's POV:

"I'm sorry but we've tried our best. The only hope is on her now. As long as she pass through tonight, then her condition is stable." the doctor said as he cleared his throat.

 

It felt like time had freeze there and I didn't know to say. Regaining my composure, we walked to the last room of the level. Every step weighs a ton. 

 

"You know, your mum is really a sleeping goddess," appa said calmly as he placed his hand on the glass to trace her face. 

 

"Let's go in," I said softly. I walked hand in hand with Jessica into the room, together with my dad.

 

"Eomma, I'm sorry for being such an unfilial son, for saying I hate you. I've never hated you. We've missed out so many years, wake up please. Eomma, all these years I've missed you. Don't leave me." I said as tears streamed down my face. 

 

"look, we even brought our future daughter-in-law here, wake up alright," my dad continued as Jessica hug me to console me. 

 

"Eomma, just pull through a few more hours and you'll be fine," I mumbled, praying that she'll be alright. 

 

I saw her fingers moving. Slowly, she open her eyes as it roams around the room. 

 

"Hae..." she said softly. I know she had no strength and all to speak but she seems to have something on mind.

 

Immediately, I took her hands as kept kept looking at her.

 

"Eomma! Mianhe! I've never hated you, all these while I always believed that you will come back. Forgive me for those words I've said, I'm such an unfilial son." I apologized to her. If god arranged for her to leave years back and return today, then please give me some more years to be with her. 

 

"Hae, I'm glad you've forgiven me but please trust me, I've never abandon you and you are the one and only I miss all these years. I miss the little boy tugging behind when I'm doing house chores, I miss the little boy whining when hungry, I miss the little boy hugging me when he is happy. My son, even if I left you with a broken family and unwanted past, there wasn't a single day I could live without thinking of you. Whether you are healthy, whether you've eaten well, whether your studies are manageable. That very day I saw you on tv and those albums when you debut, I was pleased. To know that you've grown up to become such a handsome and successful singer, I'm left with no regrets. My only regret was why I chose to leave you." she said all with one breath. I know that she loves me. There will never be a mother who hates her child. I held her hands tighter as I cried even harder. 

 

"After leaving with him, I just realized that you and Hae was the most important thing in my life. I know these words came too late. I just want you to know, I did regret leaving you, but I'll never regret loving you. I still remember that day, when I told you harshly that our marriage was a mistake. I'm sorry, I was utterly wrong. It's indeed true that you'll never realize how much you love the person until you've lost them. I was a coward, lacking of the courage to return to you. I chose to stay at one side as I see you get on in life with our beloved son. I'm sorry for I was a fool." Eomma said as she stared deeply into appa's eyes. 

 

I might not understand their love, but those messages through their eyes tell me that their love had never died. It wasn't a mistake from the beginning, but a test for their love. 

 

"Beautiful lady there, you must be hae's girlfriend right?" eomma asked her, even though she was really weak.

 

"Aniyo, we are... We are just friends," Sica said looking away from my eyes. He words made my heart sank. 

 

"You love him, don't you? My son loves you. Even though I did not watch him grow up, I was there at the very first time he danced on the stage with you. The way you two look at each other and dance, the way you avoid eye contact, there it states the presence of your innocent love." eomma said. She knows me, she really did. She knows how much I love that girl, she did. 

 

"Mrs Lee, I-" she was about to reply eomma but eomma cut her off.

 

"Just by granting the wish of a dying old lady, will you call me eomma? Just like Hae did?" eomma said. I can tell that Sica is feeling uneasy because we are not official couple. I was about to explain for her when she speaks again.

 

"Eomma," she said really sweetly, that could melt anyone's heart. I looked at her, to see her smiling sweetly. Her beauty and sweetness, is something one can never hide.

 

"What a beautiful lady, don't you think they look great together?" eomma said as she smiled at us. Appa nodded as he walked towards her. For the very first time after years, I saw how they look right into each other's eyes, how their wrinkled hands fit. All I know, it says love. 

 

"Can we go to the han river together?" eomma asked.

 

"I know you are worried for what doctor might say, but my last wish, let's go to the river together," she said, as her eyes beamed with tears. 

 

From my peripheral vision, I clearly see appa nodding and smiling at eomma. I felt bewildered as I asked. 

 

"But-" I was interrupted.

 

"It's her last wish," appa said as he held tightly onto eomma's hands. Jessica hugged me from the back. I know how badly she wanted to get out of here but in her condition, I can't help but to feel worried. I nodded slightly, hiding my worried

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter