When In Love II

When In Love

The first time Jimin kisses Yoongi, the latter is not able to respond as much as he wants to (longs to, actually) because the former pulls back as quickly as he leans in and meets the older's lips. He watches in sheer amusement as the younger stumbles back, effectively almost tripping and falling by himself, and stutters hundreds of apologies at once.

 

"So - Sorry!!! I'm - I'm sorry, hyung! I didn't mean to - I just -"

 

It is more than ridiculous for Yoongi who never imagined it will be Jimin to initiate their first kiss. He stares blankly at the younger as the latter blabbers his apologies. When it's coming to ten minutes of Jimin apologizing,  Yoongi finally speaks because he knows if Jimin reaches ten minutes, he'll be ready for another ten.

 

"Jimin, it's okay," Yoongi interrupts calmly, leaning against the wall at the back of the building before sliding himself down to sit on the ground, a habit of Jimin that has amused him since.

 

"Huh?" Jimin blinks.

 

"I said, it's okay," the older repeats but doesn't look at Jimin. He opens another pack of cigarette and passes one to the younger before getting one for him and lighting it. "You're confused, maybe. It's okay. I don't mind. I'm not mad."

 

Jimin carefully eyes the older before leaning against the wall and sliding himself beside Yoongi, lighting his cigarette from the older's. It's been two weeks since he last talked to his two best friends. Even his mother is asking why he's not hanging out with them. Two weeks since he began smoking.  Two weeks and he's kissed the person who's been putting him back together since.

 

"I'm messed up, hyung," Jimin chuckles, shaking his head, as he tries blowing rings out of smoke again. He fails.

 

The older doesn't agree because he's not sure if Jimin who initiated the kiss is really the one who is messed up when in all honesty, he thinks - no, he knows he won't mind if the younger initiated they go all the way.  Yoongi blows smoke rings nonchalantly as the younger, as much as he is still embarrassed because of what he did, widens his eyes and stares at the rings coming from the older’s mouth again.