When In Love III

When In Love

The second time they kiss, it is Yoongi who initiates, mildly drunk because of too many strawberry daiquiris the younger made for him.  Jimin is assigned behind the bar at the club both of them are working at while the older works with the music. It's a hot night for students after a week of exams so people enter the club like germs entering an open wound.

 

They're almost closed, the clock hitting two hours after their usual closing at two in the morning during weekdays and the only people left in the club are those too drunk to open their eyes and leave through the door (because they once had a customer trying to jump out of the window) or those who are sober enough to walk out through the door but still has their lips latched with someone.

 

Jimin is only beginning to clean the bar, leaving the task of making sure all customers are safely out through the door to the club bouncers when Yoongi comes in the bar, eyelids slightly dripping and pulls the younger. He yelps when the older gently slides his hand behind him and freezes when his blonde friend crashes his lips against his.

 

Like a loud roar of thunder on a clear sky, it suddenly brings back Yoongi and like that time when Jimin was the one who suddenly kissed him, he stares at the younger just as the latter stares at him, the line of who's staring back unclear.

 

But unlike Jimin, Yoongi doesn't utter an apology.

 

He gazes at Jimin and as much as he is under the influence of whiskey or vodka or whatever alcohol the younger put together to make such amazing daiquiris, he doesn't want to apologize for wanting to kiss and actually kissing the kindest and most beautiful person he knows, whether he is mixing amazing cocktails under the dim of red light or whether he is sleeping with a book on his head in the school library or whether he is crying behind the building by himself. He doesn't want to apologize because he isn't sorry.

 

Jimin struggles to say something and settles for staring at the older, with eyes wide and mouth open. It's obvious that both of them are pretty sober to know what's going on now because of what happened but neither say anything.