Chapter 8

Incipient love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER EIGHT

“Yah, D.O, you are spacing out a lot today,” Chanyeol smacked D.O’s head making the latter startled in response.

“Doesn’t Jungkook seem familiar to you?” D.O muttered gaining his friends attention.

Baekhyun frowned. “Why are you suddenly bringing up his name?” he argued back.

“Hey, what happen to both of you?” Lay said seeing the tension between D.O and Baekhyun.

EXO could understand Baekhyun but D.O? No.

He had been acting weird ever since he returned from the library.

As if on cue, “D.O hyung, you are acting really weird ever since you came back from the library,” Kai pointed out slapping his own thigh with a click on his tongue.

“What actually happen at the library?” Chen asked.

D.O bit his lips and said, “I saw someone very similar to Baekhyun’s girl”.

Baekhyun immediately jerked his head up to D.O. “Is it her?” he asked.

“I don’t know but she was beautiful,” he muttered but loud enough for his friends to hear.

Sehun snorted. “Oh please, this school has a supply of tons of beautiful girls. You always see them every day.”

Sehun was right. SM Academy has got a whole lot of beautiful girl students.

“But, you know, it is rare for D.O to admit someone is beautiful,” Xiumin blurted out making EXO looked at D.O amusingly. Boy, that girl must be damn beautiful.

“Ah! Is it that Nayeon?” Chanyeol nudged D.O with his elbow playfully and D.O’s cheeks immediately turned red as he shook his head simultaneously. Chanyeol had sometimes seen his friend sneaking glances at the quiet girl beside the window.

“It’s not one of our girlfriends, right?” Kai asked and EXO nearly fell down from their seats. When did they ever have girlfriends? Those girls were just making up stories. Well, except for Kai and Baekhyun.

D.O rolled his eyes. Are faces caked with makeup beautiful? They are just attractive not beautiful. “Ask Baekhyun what beautiful means.”

Baekhyun choked in his water. “Why me?”

“Simple. I trust you,” D.O patted Baekhyun’s back smiling at him softly.

Baekhyun looked up only to see EXO staring at him. “Just look up in the dictionary,” he shouted startling everyone.

“D.O, why can’t you just say the meaning yourself?” Chanyeol wriggled his eyebrows teasingly. He swore he saw D.O sneaking glances at the quiet girl beside the window.

“Well,” D.O started, “A beautiful girl doesn’t pretend but is always true to herself. Not only her face but her heart is also beautiful,” he finished with a small smile.

“Are you describing someone?” Chen asked.

D.O quickly shook his head.

“Why did I never notice someone like that?” Chanyeol pretended to pout.

“It’s fine that you don’t notice a single person. Our school has a lot of beautiful girls,” D.O said and gave a quick glare at Chanyeol. “Baekhyun, do you love Jaera?” he added.

Baekhyun didn’t know what to answer. “I don’t know,” he stuttered guiltily.

“That means you still like her?”

Baekhyun nodded and continued, “Jaera told me to accept her. I don’t know why. It’s funny.” There was this one minute of silence.

“So are you going to accept her confession?” Lay asked.

“No, I don’t even like her. Besides, I just started dating Jaera.”

“Baekhyun hyung,” Sehun called out mischievously.

All of EXO looked at their maknae who had a wide grin on his handsome face. Oh, how they loved that face.

“You are dating Jaera so let’s go to her house and see Suho hyung sister,” he sighed dreamily but flinched when Baekhyun smacked his head. “Why do you want to see another girl when you clearly said our school has a ton of beautiful girls?”

Sehun rubbed the part where he had been hit and pout. “Because she is hyung’s sister.”

Baekhyun softened at Sehun’s reply. “She’s not staying at the house. I never see her. I guess she’s still in Myungsoo’s place,” he sighed massaging his temple. “But seriously why are we even talking about her?”

“Suho hyung is so mean,” Chanyeol whined and immediately he received a glare from Xiumin. “I mean we have known each other since the start of middle school but he never introduces us to her,” he explained.

“That’s b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter