Chapter 10

Incipient love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TEN

“Baek, you have been sighing for the 100th time today,” Chanyeol nudged his best friend to eat his food. It was break time and like every day, they were having their lunch and chatting happily. But what was unusual is that Baekhyun hasn’t spoken a word.

Baekhyun picked up his spoon and sighed again. Why does he feel like he’ll lose to Jungkook?

“Hyung” Kai called out making the older male looks at him.

“D.O hyung’s mother is going to hold a party at the orphanage tomorrow. You can go and help with the decorations this evening. The kids will brighten you up,” he suggested.

Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrow. “Aren’t you the one who will be helping?”

Kai bit his lower lip. “I have a dinner with…erm…with Krystal’s parents,” he said with a stutter.

All look at Baekhyun for his answer. They all hoped that Baekhyun would say yes even though Kai was a terrible liar at finding excuses. Baekhyun loved kids and they wished that part of him hadn’t gone yet. He was so cute when he was with children. He looked like one of them.

“Sure,” Baekhyun chirped curving up his lips a little and the EXO boys mentally hi-fived each other.

“Kookie, come fast. We’ll be late,” Jisoo shouted at Jungkook restlessly. She couldn’t wait to see the children.

“I’m coming,” Jungkook huffed coming out and holding a carton box but soon halted in his tracks. He eyed his best friend as if scanning her. “The kids wouldn’t recognize you if you go like this,” he pointed out and went closer towards Jisoo. He took out her glasses and Jisoo raised her head to face her best friend. Jungkook couldn’t help but stare at her.

Jisoo blinked her eyes innocently making Jungkook came to his senses.

“Here.” He ran inside her room and came out with a small silver butterfly hairpin before pulling up her fringe and showing her small angelic face and her innocent eyes.

“My best friend looks so beautiful,” he exclaimed like a small child as he pinched her soft cheeks.

“Stop flattering me,” Jisoo whined.

“Maybe you should tie up your hair too.” Jungkook went behind his best friend and tied up her hair in a high ponytail.

“That’s better,” he cried out, satisfied with what he had done.

Jisoo looked absolutely charming. He sometimes wondered when his cry-baby best friend grew up so fast to become this beautiful. He remembered the first day he met her. It was in a family meeting and Jungkook was only 8 years old back then. That day, he was protesting to his parents that he didn’t want to go saying that he would miss his favorite TV program but then he considered himself quite lucky that his parents dragged him out otherwise he wouldn’t have met the bubbly little girl who didn’t know how to tie ribbons.

Jungkook remembered the day he swore that he’d always be her best friend. The day her mother died, he felt the need to always stay by her side.

He also remembered the day he fell in love with his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter