Chapter 5

Incipient love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FIVE

Jisoo came to school with a feeling that something bad might happen. She strode through the hallway but today seemed so different. Everyone was giving her a dirty look. Before, no one even bothered to spare her a glance but now they were looking at her as if she was a criminal.

She thought it might be because of yesterday’s and was about to ignore it if she didn’t hear her name and the bulletin board together. She went towards it and saw a huge crowd infront of it. Jisoo managed to squeeze past through them only to have the shock of her life.

“What does she think of herself?” the students gave Jisoo judging looks.

Jisoo couldn’t help but stare at the board.

Her confession letters which were meant to be given to Baekhyun but never had the courage to do so were stuck on the board. There were more than 10 confession letters starting from the first day she fell for him in Middle School 2nd year.

Jisoo was just too shocked to hear the students whisper. Did it mean she would be mocked at? To Baekhyun and the other students, she was just a maid of Jung Jaera, the girlfriend of Byun Baekhyun.

Jisoo was finally brought out of her world when she heard Chanyeol’s husky voice. “Yah, yah, why are you all standing here? Is there something worth noticing?” he asked shoving past the students but soon stopped. Gulping down a ton of saliva, he looked at Baekhyun for his reaction. But Baekhyun just kept a poker face not even minding to read the letters, scratch that, he didn’t even bother to look at those.

All the students present keep quiet waiting for Baekhyun to say something. But, in the end, it wasn’t him who speaks up.

“OMG! Jisoo, I didn’t know you like Baekhyun,” Jaera exclaimed in surprise.

Jisoo scoffed at her stepsister’s acting. “You did this, didn’t you?” she sneered looking at Jaera with piercing eyes.

Jaera bit the inside of her cheeks with a thudding heart but still she tried to keep her usual composure. “Why would I do it? I didn’t know you like my boyfriend,” she responded stretching the ‘my boyfriend’ part.

“Stop lying to me,” Jisoo said in a curt tone making Jaera flinched and the other gasped. She has so much courage for a maid.

“Who are you to shout at my girlfriend?” Baekhyun growled holding Jaera’s hand. Jisoo felt like a boulder just hit her at seeing the person she liked protecting another girl from her.

“Oppa,” Jaera squeaked shaking her head as if telling Baekhyun to stop.

Baekhyun clearly ignored her. “Why did you accuse her? She said she didn’t do it?”

Jisoo couldn’t open . It seemed her words got dry. The one person she came for was now shouting at her. She never had imagined that it would turn out this way and she never knew that Baekhyun had that side of him. It seemed fate was playing with her.

“Can’t you be satisfied of having Jungkook by your side? He did everything for you,” Jaera blurted out, “Are you, by chance, jealous of me?”

“You are right, I’m jealous of you and I’m satisfied of having Jungkook by my side but I don’t like him like I like Baekhyun,” saying that Jisoo stormed out of the hallway.

The students present, tried to process what they had just seen. Did a maid just speak up to Jung Jaera? They all had the same question mark above their head except, “Wait, are you saying that the boy who came yesterday, the one who came to pick Jisoo up is Jeon Jungkook,” Chanyeol asked.

All look at Jaera for her answer but she just kept quiet. “I’ll take it as a yes,” Chanyeol whistled.

The students’ eyes were ready to pop out any minute. Not much people had seen the heir of the Jeon Groups of Hotel. They only heard his name. Well, forget him, not even 0.0001% of South Korea had seen the heiress of their country’s most successful company. She was kept hidden so well after her mother’s death. Only a specific some had seen her. But the netizens thought that she would be a beauty just like her brother, Kim Suho. God, she was already a beauty at the age of 10, which was her last public appearance even though her mother died when she was 12. No wonder, business heirs all over the world volunteered to manage their company’s Korea branch.

“I didn’t know the only heir of the Jeon’s would be best friend with a maid,” someone muttered loud enough for everyone to hear and the students looked at each other with shocked faces. Who wouldn’t be? The Jeon’s and the Byun’s were almost on par with the Kim’s. The Byun’s controlled the entertainment world of Korea and since Byun Baekhyun was dating Jung Jaera, the stepdaughter of the Kim’s; they all thought the heiress would end up with Jeon Jungkook (by arranged marriage).

Jaera really wanted to scoff at that student's words. Jisoo was just so innocent in her relationship with Jungkook that she didn’t notice her best friend’s love for her. How did she even like Baekhyun?

Jisoo instead of joining class decided to skip it. She went straight to Jungkook’s house. It was like her second home. As soon as Jungkook’s mother saw her, “Jisoo ah, what are you doing here? Jungkook’s still in school.”

Jungkook’s mother hugged Jisoo who was now crying. Jisoo would come to Jungkook’s house when she was emotionally down. Mrs. Jeon was like a mother to her. Jisoo would at times think how her life would be without Jungkook.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter