Chapter 1

Incipient love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I know I have other ongoing stories but I really want to edit this. I re-read and found that the grammars are wronged and the punctuation marks are misplaced. And I really want to improve this story. So please show your love. It'll mean a lot to me.

CHAPTER ONE

“Soo-ah, do you really need to study there?” this was the question her friends had been asking her since the previous day. Jisoo sighed and give them an assuring nod.

“Come on, think of us too,” her friends chorused together.

Gosh! Are they kids? “Chill guys, it’s not like I’m going to disappear,” she assured them, “and Jungkook will also be there so no need to worry,” she hugged her best friend shoulder and smiled.

Bambam, one of her male friends, stomped his right foot and whined, “That also! Jungkook’s not your only friend.”

“Correction, he’s my best friend,” Jisoo grinned proudly. Hearing her statement, her friends sneaked a glance at Jungkook who was a little bit off mood.

“Ok, ok no need to advertise,” Bambam grunted trying to escape the topic, “but we are really against you studying there.”

Jisoo massaged her temple. How was she going to assure these stubborn kids? “Come on nothing will happen.”

“How will we know nothing is going to happen when you are going to study together with your stepsister?” they scoff at the word stepsister, “besides Jungkook is not going to attend the same school so how will we not be worried,” Lisa added.

“Well, I can make new friends,” Jisoo replied with a smile, “and the best part is I’m going to study together with him,” she exclaimed dreamily.

“Yeah dream on and forget about us,” Mark sarcastically commented.

Jisoo raised her pinkie finger and made a promise sign, “I promise I won’t forget you all.”

Jennie who has been keeping quiet and scrutinizing Jisoo’s new look finally spoke up, “Why do you have to change your hairstyle and wear that big glasses.”

Jisoo gave her a pout. “Why? Don’t you like it?”

“I doubt he will notice you,” Rosé whispered in an inaudible voice but the others except Jisoo heard it. They became worried thinking about their eldest.

Jisoo noticed her friends’ fallen mood, “Hey guys, why the long faces? Do I really look ugly?” she asked. With thick glasses, thick fringe and a bad choice of clothing, one might mistake her for a nerd. But still she looked cute.

“No, you look cute,” they chorused grinning widely. At least that was the truth.

“Thanks” she group-hugged them. Lisa, Mark, Jennie, Rose, Bambam and Jungkook, they were her childhood friends.

“But,” Jennie broke the hug and looked at Jisoo frowning, “You look so unlike you.”

Jisoo’s eyes showed a bit of sadness, “I know but Jaera forced me,” she mumbled but her friends were sharp enough to hear it.

“WHAT?!?” they shouted in perfect unison.

“Nothing I just found it nice to change my style,” she lied but her friends knew she was still a bad liar so they just kept quiet while Jungkook’s hands rolled into a fist. He looked like he was ready to punch anyone. Oh! How he hated that Jung Jaera, the one who controlled his best friend’s life.

“Does Suho hyung know?” Bambam broke the silence. Jisoo nodded. “And he allowed you?” Lisa cried out.

Jisoo gave her a nod, “He knows I’m changing to the same school as Jaera but he doesn’t know that I have cut my hair.”

“The look on hyung’s face will be priceless when he finds out,” the others except Jungkook chuckled hearing Mark’s statement. But Jungkook didn’t bother to laugh. He was really against Jisoo studying together with Jaera but his best friend was more than just happy.

“Why are you all against my sister?” Jisoo asked suddenly.

“See, that’s where you are wrong,” Rose burst out in annoyance, “She’s not your sister, she’s your s-t-e-p-s-i-s-t-e-r.”

“Stepsister or not, she’s still my sister,” Jisoo defended crossing her arms.

“Gosh! Soo, sometimes I really hate your kindness,” Jennie scoffed.

Jisoo chuckled, “Well don’t be. It runs in the family”.

“I wish aunty is still here with us,” Mark blurted out.

Jisoo’s face fell. She suddenly missed her mother so much. She was only 12 when she lost her.

Jennie hit Mark head, “Yah! Why did you say that?”

Jisoo’s mother had always be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter