Chapter 6

Champions (Moonsun FanFiction)

"Namjoon, I'm telling you Moon Byulyi is the worst person to have EVER existed!" 

Solar was having a little cafe date with Kim Namjoon, better known as RapMon for his crazy rap skills he's shown on youtube and at school. 

"She can't be THAT bad", he replied with his cool, deep voice. 

"She's that bad"

"Okay so you're telling me you're gonna hate the girl who beat you in a championship game, it's not like you confessed to her and she broke your heart or something", Namjoon shrugged.

"That game was super important to me! And why would I ever confess to HER?", disgust was laced in Yongsun's voice, "I HATE her"

"Hey", RapMon said coolly, while looking up from his phone which had comments from his latest rap video on it, "Hate's a very strong word and since I got here all you've been talking about is this Byulyi, you might as well confess to her sometime soon." Yongsun felt heat creeping to her cheeks, which was an odd feeling for her. 

"But I'm not gay!", she yelled, then quickly took back what she said after realizing the stares of other people. She coughed awkardly. 

"For someone who hasn't dated once in her life, you have no room to talk about your uality", Namjoon chuckled, Solar was very amusing and this was one of the main reasons why he wanted to befriend her. 

"You brought it up" 

"Did not" 

"Did to"

"Did not"

"OH my gos-", Solar realized once again that she was in public, "What about your uality then, huh? How are you and BamBam?"

"Solar you can't get anywhere with trying to tease me. I'm not gay nor will I ever be, BamBam is like my brother." 

BamBam, who has a super long name and was born in Thai, happened to be one of RapMon's and Solar's closest friend. 

"Speaking of BamBam, where is he? I thought he was supposed to be here sometime soon", Solar asked her tall friend. 

"Yeah he had dance practice with some guy named Jackson"

"Makes sense, since he wants to be an idol and all"

"You should be an idol, your voice isn't bad" 

"That was never an option and what about you and your 'rapping' skills?"

"Don't make fun of my rapping", Namjoon replied while taking Solar's half eaten donut and biting into it. Let's just say that ended up in them getting kicked out of the cafe and forced to stop their banter which just happened to continue on the way back to Solar's apartment. 

-----

"Thanks for walking me home", Yongsun said, giving Namjoon a genuine, warm smile. 

"No problem, that's what friends are for right?", he replied while smiling back. Yongsun was grateful to have such a great and protective friend like RapMon, despite his teasing methods. "Have a goodnight Yongsun, text me in the morning and tell me how your first day at Yonsei went okay?" 

"Of course" 

"Oh, and don't get into a fight with Moon Byulyi alright? I bet she's not that bad once you get to know her." Being around the same age but more experienced, Namjoon wanted to help Yongsun be more sociable. 

"No promises", the smaller girl yelled as she made her way up the steps to her apartment. As Yongsun walked into her clean house, she thought about the many confessions she had gotten in the past. Yongsun had never been in a relationship or never really planned on being in one, she knew what love was and how she herself came into the world but she never felt any type of 'lovey dovey' feelings towards anyone in her life. 

"All you've been talking about is this Byulyi, you might as well confess to her sometime soon" 

Feelings for Moon Byulyi? Yongsun smiled at the silly thought of love itself. Yeah right.

-----

"BYUL! You are SO gonna pay for that!", Seulgi caught up to Moonbyul who ran off with the other's ice cream. She tended to have a habit of taking others' food when hers was gone. "Literally!" 

"You know how I get" 

"Yeah! But why MY precious ice cream!" 

"Sorry"

"You're not sorry"

"You're right" 

The two best friends found themselves in a park nearby the ice cream shop they had recently visited. They fell into a comfortable silence while Byul helped herself to Seulgi's ice cream and Seulgi eyed the girl's actions with playful anger as her brown hair swayed slightly. Walking in the park like this with ice cream brings back so many memories, Seulgi thought. Byul had always been quiet but when you got comfortable around her, she was actually pretty simple-minded and funny (but mostly greasy). Over the years with Seulgi as a close friend, Byul got more and more comfortable and outgoing with other people. Back in middle school, Byulyi was practically anti-social. Seulgi was proud of how Moonbyul turned out, she was afraid that if they went to different colleges, Byul wouldn't have any friends. But, they were going to the same college anyway so it didn't really matter. Seulgi didn't have time to attend the tour, which would have to make Byulyi a tour guide for the dark haired girl. And since Byul thought that that would be a hassle, she made Seulgi go on an ice cream date with her as a deal. 

As the blonde finished her ice cream, Seulgi struck a conversation. "Y'know you never really told me why you dyed your hair blonde, it looked fine black. You're not tryna seduce someone are you?", she teased.

"One, my hair was never black to begin with, it was dark brown. Two, blonde hair suits me in my opinion. And three, why and who would I seduce?" Everything Byul said was pretty accurate, Seulgi thought. Unlike Seulgi who's had past experiences with a few guys back in high school, Moonbyul never had feelings for anybody. Plus, blonde hair looked really good on Moon Byulyi, even Seulgi had to admit. It was a little surpising when she even wanted to dye her hair. This was just one step closer in Byul becoming more outgoing. 

"You could've been trying to seduce me", the blonde's best friend added. 

"In your dreams", the other girl replied, playfully rolling her eyes. Even if it was just a joke, Seulgi felt a tiny pang in her heart, but simply ignored it. We're always this greasy towards each other, she thought. Nothing more and nothing less, we are best friends after all. 

------

Flashback to Moonbyul + Seulgi's past: 
 

With one more year left until middle school was over, Moonbyul still hadn't gained any friends. Her family had always tried to encourage her to talk to a few people her age, but she never did. She was too scared and too afraid of what other kids would think about about her. She was self-conscious and not confident in anything. She would never sing during music class, despite her family saying she had a nice voice. During free time or little dance parties they'd have for a kid's birthday, she never dared to move her body in a flexible way, despite her mother saying she was an entertaining dancer. She never removed her bangs, fearing that her classmates would make fun of her forehead, which her family said to let breathe once in awhile. Everyday as a middle schooler, Byulyi would call her self weak for not doing anything about her social status and non existent confidence. That is until Seulgi came into her life...

A volleyball rolled to little Byul's feet. She could remember perfectly the exact design of the ball. With scratches, ripped parts, and dirt smudges, the ball was covered in only two colors: blue and yellow and it had the company name 'Mikasa' on it. 

"Ah sorry, can you hand that to me please?", a soft but sweet voice said. Byul grabbed the ball and looked up to see a dark-haired girl around the same height as her. She had two braided, pigtails in her hair with a bow-like headband and her eyes were shining a bright brown as they stared into Byul's irises. 

"Oh your name is Moonbyul....Moon Byulyi right?", the girl smiled. 

"Y-yeah, how did you know my name?", Byul replied lowly. 

"I know all of my classmates, I'm guessing you don't know my name right? Since you don't talk to much in class." Byul shook her head as a response. "Thought so, my name is Seulgi, Kang Seulgi. Would you like to play volleyball with me?"

Why is this girl so nice? Byul thought. "Um, I don't really know how to play any sport..", she mumbled back. 

"That's okay, I can teach you!" Seulgi was very open and outgoing to where you could say she pulled a "brave and bold" move on Moonbyul. Seulgi went up to Byulyi and put her hands on top of the other girl's (who still had the volleyball in her own hands), "It'll just be me and you okay? Besides, I need someone to practice with!" 

MoonByulyi would never forget the first moment, the first time, that her and Seulgi met and shared contact. And the first time she had been introduced to volleyball. 

While Seulgi's touch at first made Moonbyul blush and become flustered, it was mostly because she wasn't used to any type of human contact. But, as time went by, she became used to the girl's touchy actions. Byul knew she didn't have feelings for anyone, despite caring for Seulgi, her best friend. Even during all the flirting that the two threw at each other, it just their teasing and playfulness and Byul thought of it as nothing more than a friendly gester. Moonbyul never found herself liking much of anyone or anything. Volleyball and Seulgi were obviously exceptions. 

------

"Yeah you're right, why would you seduce me when you have Kim Yongsun right?", Seulgi continued the teasing. Byulyi almost started coughing. 

"What, why? Why would you bring her up? I'm not even into women", a flustered Byul managed to get out. 

"That's not what you said to Yongsun at the tour when you two were having a moment on one of the balconies" 

"Shut up!", was all Moonbyul could say as heat flooded to her cheeks and the memory of the embarrassing moment was fresh in her head. She immediately regretted telling her friend the awkard situation that occured between her and Yongsun. She knew her first day at Yonsei and her first practice was tomorrow, and she knew her rival, Kim Yongsun, was going to be there. 

Seulgi walked Moonbyul home before returning back to her living space. An hour or two passed before Byulyi decided to go to bed early in order to have more energy for her first day of college tomorrow. 

Despite the many supporting texts she got from her family and Seulgi, before she closed her eyes to sleep, the only thing she had on her mind was a particular 5'4 spiker. 

Kim Yongsun. She thought

Kim Yongsun. 

------------

Heyo! Thanks for reading this chapter everybody. We are almost at 100 subscribers and that to me is crazy. This story gained alot of views with in a short amount of time, thank you :) Also sorry for not updating for a few days, I'm doing a lot of other things now that I have spring break :P how's everyone's spring? I know some of you dont have it..

Anyway, I did introduce more of the friends: RapMon, Seulgi, and BamBam. For those who don't know Seulgi is a member of Red Velvet and she's actually a good friend of Moonbyul's in real life. As for RapMon and BamBam they are members of two boy groups, BTS (RapMonster) and Got7 (BamBam, who actually has a fairly long name), there was also a reference to Jackson who is also a member of Got7. 

That's all the characters, I hope you guys enjoy this story and please do look forward for future updates! I work on a new chapter almost every day <3