Rivals to Teammates

Champions (Moonsun FanFiction)

The week went by quickly for Kim Yongsun, she had been waiting for her tour of her awaiting college. Wheein and Hyejin were still juniors so they hadn't gotten scouted yet, they had wished their unnie the best of luck. As Solar got ready for the event on Saturday morning, she got a few messages saying how some of her old teammates got scouted by other colleges. Knowing that the rest of the team was good enough to get scouted, Solar had to smile; she was proud. 

  Yongsun made her way to the gigantic university that she had planned to go to. It wasn't every day that people were offered full scholarships to an amazing college as Yonsei. She wanted to tell her parents how excited she was, but knew they were on vacation and that she'd have to wait until they arrived back home. 

 There was a reserved parking space for people who were attending the tour. As Solar was parking her car, she made sure to make a mental note on how big the place was. Compared to the colleges Yongsun had been checking out, this was by far the most advanced one. The girl quickly pinched herself just to make sure she wasn't dreaming. 

 Yongsun made her way over to an administrator who was infront of a sign that said "tour schedule", assuming that the man would lead the tour. 

"Hi, I'm here for the morning tour for scouted athletes", Yongsun greeted the man. 

"You have to wait for about five minutes with the group of people over there. We're almost ready to start", he replied pointing to his left. The man seemed a little surprised by the small girl's appearance and Yongsun saw this. A lot of people would assume she wasn't an athlete just because of her height. 

Yongsun followed the direction and saw just how many people there were bunched together for the tour. It was no surprise, considering how famous Yonsei was, but it still shocked Yongsun who had never seen so many people crowded together at once. There was an unorganized line that she didn't want to join, but had no other choice if she wanted to see the college. Solar made her way to end of the line, hoping the workers would be ready to start the event soon. As she was looking around to see any signs of the event starting, she noticed a familiar posture of a tall girl standing right infront of her. 

No way. 

Yongsun didn't want to have ANY interactions with the person she thought was her rival, but it was too late as the tall girl seemed to take notice of the smaller girl's presence. Moonbyul turned around, when she realized who she was looking at, her expression turned from relaxed to shocked. 

"Kim Yongsun...? I can't believe.." 

Kim Yongsun did not say a word. 

"You got scouted too?", Byul asked. The brunette still didn't say anything. No no no no.....PLEASE don't tell me we have to play on the same team. 

At that moment, the words Yongsun never wanted to hear came out of the blonde's mouth...

"I guess we're gonna be teammates then" 

Moonbyul gave Solar a quick smile before taking her earphones out to listen to music and turning back around. Yongsun had never been so irritated and annoyed when Byul was in her line of view. Why? Just why did MoonByulYi have to get scouted to this school?  

****

The tour had started with the guide showing the many different athletes every single thing Yonsei University had to offer. There were players from all kinds of sports there: volleyball, soccer, basketball, gymnastics, everything. And that's what the college had to offer... EVERYTHING! The place had definitely been gigantic but Yongsun didn't know that such a place could exist. Education and sports didn't seem like a problem, the school literally had everything. Yongsun's eyes had never stayed wide open for as long as they did that day. 

Solar was in a very good mood until the one person she tried so very hard to avoid, sparked a conversation. 

"Hey", Moonbyul said with a smirk while slightly bumping into Yongsun. For some reason, Byul always seemed comfortable enough to tease the smaller girl. This confused and angered Yongsun at the same time. 

"I'd really appreciate it if you didn't talk to me" 

"And why is that?" Yongsun suddenly stopped walking, she was never in the mood to deal with MoonByulYi. Is this girl serious?, she thought. Solar hated it when she was teased, especially over obvious things. Out of hundrends of athletes, two of them stopped in their tracks while the rest went on. A fight was soon to break out. 

"Are you seriously asking me that?", The smaller but older girl said through gritted teeth. A smirk was still on the blonde's face. 

"Yeah, why won't you talk to me?", the younger pressed. 

Shall we countdown? 

3. clenched fists 

2. veins popping

1. The absolute fact that there was no control over the anger that was about to burst. 

"YOU HAVE SOME NERVE TO TALK TO ME LIKE THAT, ESPECIALLY AFTER KNOWING WHAT HAPPENED!" Crowds of people were staring, some people even stopped paying attention to the tour. 

MoonByulYi realized what she had started and attempted to calm Yongsun down by putting her hands on the other's shoulders. Which was not a very good idea. 

"That game was so important to my team, to me, and... and you just..!", Yongsun ripped Byul's hands off of her and started to realize the commotion she had made. "My feelings are never something to play with, especially when it comes to volleyball!" 

And with that Yongsun stormed off with tears in her eyes. Some would consider her childish for getting all emotional because of a game, but she took it seriously. And for some reason she couldn't help but get confused when she saw the genuine and worried look Moonbyul seemed to have when she realized she went too far. 

A/N I don't really want this to be a short story so I'll make sure to either make the chapters super long or just take a tad bit longer on MoonSun's relationship so it makes more sense. Hope you all enjoyed :) any feedback is appreciated!