The Championship Game (chapter 1)

Champions (Moonsun FanFiction)

Nervousness swept through Kim Yongsun as her team  lined up to bow to their opponents before the game. Yongsun looked at the other team of girls, trying to spot her highschool volleyball rival, Moon ByulYi. When she finally found the tall girl, she glared at her and Moonbyul returned the stare with a smirk on her face. 

  Yongsun's nervousness suddenly went away and instead her entire body was filled with rage and excitement. No matter how much she hated that MoonByulYi, she had to admit that she was the perfect opponent. Seoul and Sejong High School's girls' volleyball teams were almost equal, making them rivals. In the past, they had played each other once in the playoffs and Byul's team had won (Sejong). 

  One loss was upsetting for Yongsun, but if it was a loss to Byul, it enraged her. The brunette-haired girl was bound to get her revenge. 

  The referee blew the whistle. It was time to play.

   Seoul's coach quickly huddled with the girls to go over their game plan. Kim Yongsun was their ultimate weapon. No one would expect the 5'4 girl to be able to spike. But, she could. Yongsun had loved the sport since grade school and she knew she wasn't going to be very tall. She trained hard keeping the thought, "if you can't be tall you have to be stronger and faster" in her head. Before she knew it, her jump had surpassed just about everyone's in her school. 

   

   Let's get this game started,  Yongsun thought as she glared at Moonbyul. As always, Byul had an emotionless face while getting into position to serve. This ticked Yongsun off, How could someone look lifeless while playing volleyball, she thought. As soon as the 5'4 girl stepped foot on the court, the entire atmosphere changed. Everyone became serious. Yongsun took her place on the right side of the front row, if Sejong was going to start the game with Byul's amazing jump serve, then Seoul was going to start with their best attacking lineup. 

  Byulyi started off with her jump serve (one of the strongest serves) as soon as the whistled had blown. She had a natural talent for volleyball but didn't particularly find it fun. Her best friend and teammate, Seulgi, had convinced Moonbyul to practice and play volleyball on a team. The girl was already good at the game, but as soon as she started to practice daily with a team, her skills strengthened. But, Byulyi never really liked volleyball or found it fun, she only did it to pass time. 

 Yongsun stood in receiving position, ready to take on Byul's intense hit. The blonde threw the ball up in the air to start her serve, taking about three steps and then jumping in the air. A jump serve was almost like a spike from the back row, it takes time to perfect such an attack. Not for Byul though, the girl learned how to do it in seconds after seeing the form. 

  Byul aimed her hit towards Yongsun, knowing that she was the most determined person on the court. Byul never found much of anything or anyone interesting. The girl only had a few friends, and that was thanks to her best friend and teammate, Seulgi. The only two people that Byul had even a tad bit of interest in was Seulgi and Yongsun. Kim Yongsun was like no other to Byul. Since their last game, the blonde knew that the brunette was obsessed with volleyball. Yongsun had so much will to play and that annoyed Byul a bit but also grabbed her attention. 

  Yongsun, who had practiced receiving such serves, let the ball hit her forearms as it went straight up in the air for the setter. The small girl liked to spike but was most the time used as a decoy for stronger hitters on their team. 

   The game almost didn't seem to end as the two teams constantly went back and forth between three sets. Each team so far has won a set but the third one seemed to be taking forever, no one was giving up. It was the championship game after all. Yongsun got a few good hits, while Byul continued with her setting and blocks. Little did Byulyi know, Yongsun was actually bringing out the best of her. The competitive Byul had started to show. The game kept going back and forth, the score even going up into the thirty's, in order to win one team had to win by a deuce or two points. 

  Yongsun who wasn't giving up and Byul who seemed to try harder, played a very good game. The final score was 41-39, Byul's team winning after a surprising setter dump from the girl. 

A/N hello! Sorry if the chapter seemed short to some, I'm new to this website and got confused so I ended up not showing the full chapter by accident. If anyone has any feedback on what to do as an author, feel free to share. Anyway, this is the first chapter and I hope you all enjoy.