Scouted

Champions (Moonsun FanFiction)

The whistle blew once more but only to finalize the game. Kim Yongsun dropped to her knees and balled her hands into fists, tears threatening to drop out of her eyes. Seoul High School was devasted. Yongsun's closest friends and teammates, Ahn Hyejin and Jung Wheein, came over to the brunette to comfort her. After all, Yongsun was the type to blame everything on herself. She bit her lip in frustration, just wishing that she could've predicted the setter dump. She's never seen Byulyi attack like that before, even after watching her play in other games. Amber Liu and the rest of the team came over to the three girls, who were huddled in a group hug and already crying. This was enough to make the whole team break down, letting the tears come out of their eyes. The coach for Seoul seemed disappointed but wasn't upset with the players, she knew it was good game and she was proud of her players. The team swore to get revenge on Sejong but couldn't complete the goal, and that was the most devasting thing for the seniors. Because in the end, this had been their last year. 

   Moonbyul's team was close to tears as well but they were filled with happiness. They had won against their rival for the second time, and the seniors could not have been happier. Byul was most the time emotionless with just about everything, but this time she was able to crack a tiny smile that did not go unnoticed by both Solar and Seulgi. And it definitely did not go unnoticed by the Sejong team as their tears finally spilled and they ran over to the blonde, feeling proud. Both of the teams were in group hugs and crying their hearts out, one team devasted and the other filled with glee. All in all, the coaches were proud of their players for playing such an amazing game. Little did the players know though, the scouts were watching every minute of the intense-filled match, looking for top notch athletes for their colleges. 

One month later.... 

*********

Yongsun was walking back to her apartment where WheeIn and Hyejin were waiting for her arrival. They decided to go out to a waterpark before the weather started to get cold. These were the last hot days that the fall had to offer, so they decided to play to their hearts' content before the coldness swept over. Yongsun, who was still depressed over the match, slowly walked over to the two girls who were waiting outside her apartment. Wheein was jumping up and down excitedly while Hyejin, being the chill one, was calmy waiting for Yongsun's appearance. When Hyejin noticed the brunette walking up to them, she called out "Solar! It's about time you showed up!" 

  Solar was Kim Yongsun's nickname, since she had the word "sun" placed into her name. Hwasa was Hyejin's nickname since she wanted something more fierce as a middle blocker for volleyball. WheeIn didn't really have any nicknames other than "puppy", since she was so short and adorable. 

"Sorry Hwasa, I just picked up some snacks from the convience store down the street, figured we'd need them", Solar said while giving her two best friends a warm smile. She was thankful to have them, since Solar wasn't really the outgoing type. 

"If its snacks then you're forgiven", Hwasa replied while Wheein started to laugh. Everyone seemed to be in a good mood. Yongsun then started to head up to her apartment while giving the two young girls the car keys, saying that she was going to get her stuff for the trip. She unlocked her door and quickly grabbed her string bag that contained her bathing suit and other important things for a water park. Before she stepped out of her door, Yongsun felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and heard the familiar ringtone indicating that someone was calling her. She saw an unknown number but decided to answer it anyway...

"Hello?" 

"Hi, is this Miss Kim Yongsun from Seuol High School?", a man said from the other line. 

"Yes, this is she" 

"Kim Yongsun, I called to inform you that you've been offered a full-ride scholarship to Yonsei University! We've contacted your parents but it seems that they were on vacation. They wanted me to contact you immediately." 

Solar's phone started to slip out of her hand. There's no way..., she thought. Yonsei University was one of the best universities in all of South Korea, and they had a really good volleyball team. 

"There is one condition for the scholarship, though", the man started. "You have to play for the girl's volleyball team while you stay at our college. We will offer you a dorm room too." Even better. 

"So you're saying I got scouted from the championship game?", Solar asked.

"Yes, contact this number if you know for certain that you want to accept this scholarship, we can schedule a tour for you whenever you'd like" 

Yongsun was practically bouncing with excitement, "Yes! PLEASE schedule a tour!" 

"Great, we're actually open this weekend!" 

The small girl was jumping up and down, her depressing mood suddenly dropping. She still couldn't believe it. 

"Alright we'll see you Saturday morning Ms. Kim Yongsun", the man said. 

"YES! THANK YOU!" 

Yongsun, having ended the conversation, rushed down to the car where the two girls where they were waiting for the older. "Unnie hurry! We're ready to go!" 

"GUYS! GUYS! GUYS!", Yongsun yelled while running towards the car and rushing into the driver's seat. 

"What is it?", the two young girls asked while their unnie started driving out of the parking lot. 

"You WILL NOT believe this!" 

The girls looked at each other, "WHAT!" 

"IGOTAFULLRIDESCHOLARSHIPTOYONSEIUNIVERSITY!" Even if she said it super fast, the girls knew their unnie too well. 

"NO WAY!" 

"YES WAY" 
"A full ride?!"

"A FULL RIDE"

"To Yonsei University??" 

"YESS"

There was not much said after a full screaming session from the three girls as they made their way to one of their favorite water parks.  

A/N: Hey there! There will be some moonsun in the next chapter so don't worry! Also, would you guys actually like to have some volleyball action scenes or would you like me to keep the volleyball scenes short? Let me know :)