7. Stuck in reverse

I'm in love with you (And all your little things)

The first thing to greet Sungyeol in the morning is his throbbing head and soon he remembers what happened last night. He passed out, he’s drunk and he called Myungsoo. He ing called Myungsoo and he’s not even sure how he gets himself home. It’s obviously not Sunggyu and Woohyun taking him back because Woohyun won’t text him that it’s his chance to fix everything if he did take him back. He bet Sunggyu won’t bother as well.

 

He tried to get up so he could get on with his life. He went out of his room and found the house empty. Now that he think about it, it’s 9 o’clock in the morning and since he got drunk on a school day, he’s quite expecting not to be able to attend his classes for that day so he sighs, feeling empty. He bet his mother will scold him once she finds out why he skipped class, what happened last night and how did he –

 

“You’re awake?” Sungyeol stops right in front of the fridge as the voice behind him sounds awfully familiar. And soon a cat walks between his legs – it was Byeol, Myungsoo’s cat. “I cooked Dayeol his breakfast. Auntie goes to work earlier than before so she didn’t bother waking you up when she saw me went out of your room.”

 

“You came from my room? Why?”

 

“Why else?” Myungsoo asked back as he replaces the garbage bag on their garbage can. “I asked Woohyun to explain in your absence so it’s okay for you not to go to school today.”

 

“Not that I’m thinking about going anyway.”

 

Myungsoo nods to that and goes around the kitchen table. “Do you want breakfast or –“

 

“Myungsoo, why are you here?”

 

Myungsoo deadpans look at him and the younger smirks at him. “Ask your drunk self.” He replied and turns to face the microwave oven. “I don’t know if this is any good compared to what you’re always making during breakfast, but I tried so eat up.”

 

The food is heated as Sungyeol placed it before him and gives him chopsticks so he could start eating. Myungsoo went back to the kitchen and open the lid of the small pot placed in their stove. If he’s being smart, he’ll know for sure that it’s a hang-over soup.

 

“I asked my mom how to make this and I tasted a bit so it’s eatable. It might make you feel a little better if you take a sip of this and then drink these two advil so your hang-over will stop being a on you.”

 

That’s it. Sungyeol puts down his chopstick quite loudly that Myungsoo turns to him quite abruptly. This is not something he should be complaining about and Myungsoo is back in talking to him but this isn’t the scene he’s asking for. Myungsoo isn’t scolding him, that is one thing to consider. Myungsoo is too nice and won’t talk about – well them – and for Sungyeol that is more terrifying. He wanted the younger to talk about them because he’s ready to talk now more than ever. But seems like Myungsoo is not having any of it that very moment.

 

“Myungsoo, I think we should talk.”

 

“I think we’ve done enough talking already, Sungyeol. I heard your piece, you heard mine. Let’s stop there –“

 

“And yet you’re still leaving.” He pushes his plate gently away from him and took the hang-over soup from Myungsoo’s hands. “I don’t want you to go, Myung. I thought we already talked about this.”

 

“We never did though.” Myungsoo said as he sits across Sungyeol. “I decided to stay because of you and changes my mind and decided to leave because of you.”

 

“But why else would you go? I already told you how I feel? What do you want from me still? I want it more than you want it for you to stay here, Myung. I don’t want you to go. I know I’ve been an and won’t talk about it because I admit, I was confused as to what to do next with you and then suddenly I’m hearing this and that about you leaving and you didn’t even informed me. It feels like I’m being cornered by you and it’s suffocating.”

 

“When I decided to leave, it wasn’t my intention to make you feel like I’m pushing you to tell me what you feel about my confession.” The younger blankly stares at him. “And if this is still about me leaving, just want you to know that my Mom and Daeyeol left this morning for Canada already.”

 

Sungyeol looked at him, eyes wide as what Myungsoo said sink inside his head. The younger continues when he still didn’t say anything back, biting off his lower lip making his dimples visible and Sungyeol knew Myungsoo is nervous.

 

“I cancelled on the last minute because I can’t just leave you behind… I mean I can, but chose not to. I know you don’t need help to feed yourself once you wake up. Nor do you need me to cook you your hang-over soup or call someone to explain your absence – our absence in school – but I’ve been around for too long and I know how to do things for you.” Myungsoo raises his head and face Sungyeol head-on and the older still got that same expression of surprise on his face. “I know that it’s my fault to love you too much that I crossed too many lines already but – this is how I feel, Sungyeol. I can’t promise you that I won’t be the clingy that I am to you. I can’t promise you that I won’t be thrown off over the littlest things. I won’t promise you that I won’t be territorial and getting jealous over others who simply approach you is my talent so…”

 

“But you are my clingy jealous territorial , Myungsoo.” Sungyeol whispers, too low that he thought Myungsoo didn’t get to hear him but no. The younger heard him, loud and clear.

 

“So what do you want us to be after this? I can’t just stick around like the usual best friend that I am for you, Sungyeol. We got to –“

 

“When I say not everything could work out for us it’s because I know I’m not perfect myself. I can hurt you in many ways without me knowing it –“

 

“Of course you can. You’ve been hurting me ever since I can remember.”

 

Sungyeol nods. “That is why I’m terrified to take a step forward to you. I believe that everything that got a title has an ending, Myungsoo… and I – I can’t have it with you.”

 

Myungsoo kind of knows what that means. Sungyeol wants him for himself but not the same way as he wants the taller. He let out an exasperated sigh.

 

“I’ve been sticking with you, not saying anything because I know it’ll scare you away. I’ve been satisfied with what we have and not asking for more because this alone makes me – us – happy already. But that doesn’t mean I don’t want us to be official.” Myungsoo took Sungyeol’s hand and he’s not surprised to have them cold on his own. “I stayed even without everything that I want with you… that is not going to change anything now that we’re aware of what we feel about each other. That’s everything I need to know to keep me grounded Sungyeol.”

 

“But this isn’t what I want completely, Myungsoo.” The taller looks down and his grip against Myungsoo’s hand tighten. “I swear I want you all to myself but my beliefs about love scares me to do just that and what scares me the most is – what if the time comes and you get to meet someone who is worthy enough for you? Someone who will give you what you want? Someone that is definitely not me?”

 

“I’ve been trying to do just that, Sungyeol. But all I went through, it always leads me back to you and it doesn’t matter whom I tried so hard to fell in love with… I always go back to my feelings for you because it’ll be forever there. It won’t leave me… I’m scared to commit to others because I know I’d only hurt them because there’s only you for me. So can we please?” Myungsoo stutters, put his fingers under Sungyeol’s chin to raise the other’s head so they could look each other in the eye. “I’ll be ready whenever you are… let’s just stop hurting each other, okay? I’ll be ready whenever you are… if you want us to be official, we can, whenever you want… just don’t put us into hurting each other again.”

 

Sungyeol nods and this time allow himself to lean towards Myungsoo who left his seat and goes around to get to him and hug him. Nothing is clear between them and yes, they did talk right now, but that doesn’t mean anything. That doesn’t clear out anything between them.

 

But is it wrong for Sungyeol to choose the part where he can keep Myungsoo longer for himself? He knows that he’s not the only one in the world who’s having this kind of issue with himself. Where he wants someone for himself but is too scared to claim it as his own. It’s a terrifying feeling. A very overwhelming one and it’s making him feel stupid and bad. It’s not all satisfying but having Myungsoo right where he wants him to be is enough for now.

 

For now.

 

Sungyeol helps Myungsoo clean their apartment which is now vacated by his mother and younger brother Moonsoo. Sungyeol feels bad not being able to bid the two who became a part of his life ever since he was ten, goodbye but Myungsoo told him that it was their choice not to wake him up after knowing he was drunk last night.

 

Myungsoo keeps the place still looks like his mother and brother are still there by keeping their photographs around the house. There are changes though, because Sungyeol will be moving in the soonest the possible the better. Myungsoo opens the door to his mother’s room and went out with few of her things including make-up and more women’s necessity.

 

“Are you still planning on moving in here with me?” the younger asked, huffing from all the heavy things he taken out. “I mean, you don’t have to. We’re pretty much living together anyway. Our rooms are literally across each other.” He smiled and sits beside Sungyeol who is pouting from all the dust around the room. “Did you buy the things I’ll be needing to clean the bathroom?”

 

“I did and I already told you, I will clean the bathroom. Focus on the rooms.” He said as he places the picture back to rack attached to the television. “And to answer your question, yes, I will move in here. That is if you still want me to. Not that I’m expecting you to –“

 

“Of course I would love you to move in with me. I just thought that it’s not necessary since we’re literally living with each other. We can just stick to that set-up and continue living. Only this time, my place is a whole lot more open for you than before.”

 

“I know.” He laughs at that. “I can fill your fridge with my foods, right? And snacks? We can go back to the supermarket once we’re done cleaning here.”

 

“Of course. We’ll have it your way.”

 

Sungyeol stood happily and go for the bathroom when he remembers something. “By the way Myung, how about school?” he saw the younger lying on his back on the carpeted floor and didn’t bother opening his eyes. “Have you managed to explain why you’re enrolling back?”

 

“Mom did the explaining for me and tomorrow I’ll be taking my exams because I missed yesterday’s exam day.”

 

“So you won’t be around the room from morning till the afternoon?”

 

“Yeah, probably inside our adviser’s office for the exams I’ll be taking. I’ll be there for lunch though, surely that is.”

 

--

 

The next day at school, everyone is surprised to see Myungsoo back when they already thought he left with his family yesterday because that’s what their teachers said. The excitement died down when Myungsoo was called to take his exams though and soon Sungyeol is watching his leaving back with his black pencil case at hand and a set of test booklets.

 

Woohyun eyed him suspiciously especially when they arrived together again that morning like nothing happened but he didn’t say anything to Woohyun and let the other figure it out for himself.

 

“Do you know where he’ll be taking his exams?” Woohyun asked when they went out to change room for their Physics class. “I heard he’ll be isolated till lunch break.”

 

“I know. He told me yesterday. I think he’ll be taking exams inside our adviser’s faculty office.” He said but then Myungsoo went out of the general faculty office followed by their adviser. The two haven’t notice them yet and Myungsoo just stood there in front of their teacher. “What are they talking about?”

 

Woohyun shrugs beside him and soon they can hear the two talking.

 

“You can reclaim your position in Photography Club, Kim. The newly assigned president wouldn’t mind it a bit anyway.”

 

“I’m thinking of having a job, Sir.” The two best friends looks at each other. “I don’t need money that much because my mom will still be paying for my apartment and school but I want to help her for that. I want her to lessen her expenses over me. Mom and I already talked about it and she already asked her friend to give me a job at the famous café near school. It won’t be a bother for my studies but I can’t take up more than that, sir. I won’t be reclaiming my position for Photography Club.”

 

“The school will let you work part time, Kim, that is something I’m sure of. But please reconsider the Photography Club, okay?”

 

Myungsoo sighs and gives him one last respective bow before turning on his heels, finally meeting their eyes. “Oh, you guys on your way to Physics class?” Woohyun nods beside him, still shock about what they just heard. Myungsoo approach them like nothing happens despite knowing that they probably heard all of the things he talked about with their adviser. “Wait for me? I’ll just go take my things.” He said before walking passes them.

 

“Are you done with your exams?” he asked as soon as he’s beside them. “That was rather quick.”

 

“It’s easy since I studied.” He simply said as they continue walking side by side. Woohyun was the first one to break the silence after a good minute of it when he saw Myungsoo taking out his phone and Sungyeol watching him.

 

“So Myungsoo, where is this job of yours going to be?” he opens the door for their Physics Class and step inside first, thankfully no one is there yet and their classmates probably went to detour around their school before going to class since their teacher for that class always gets in late. “We overheard it when you talk to our teacher.”

 

“I know you did.” He sighs and put his phone back to his pockets. “I received the call of my mom’s friend last night, asking me if I could come after class today so I could see the place. It’s a book café – something I always want together – and it’s near our school. I’ll be either working inside the kitchen, in the counter or be a waiter. It’ll be depending on them.”

 

“And you didn’t tell me that because?” Sungyeol gnaws his lower lip and watch the younger turn to him slowly.

 

“Well… Mom said that her friend has a son and is also schooling here. He’s a year younger than me, our junior. She said that son of her friend goes to help the café whenever he got a free time and well – her friend’s son is Lee Sungjong so –“

 

“So you didn’t tell me because you’ll be working with Lee Sungjong, is that it?” Myungsoo nods. “Why?”

 

“Because you might get the wrong idea. And also about later when it’s time to go home, I’ll be  going with him. Mom’s friend gave my number to Sungjong and asked her son if he’ll be too kind to take me with him right after class so yeah…”

 

“So the one you are texting just now is this Sungjong?” Woohyun asked carefully. Seeing Sungyeol’s eyes turn a bit darker in anger as Myungsoo turns to him really saved the younger for the other’s fury.

 

“Yes but I swear it’s only about us going back together, Yeol.” The younger turns to the taller again and Woohyun find it creepy to see Sungyeol smiles suddenly because of that action from Myungsoo. “It’s just for today, I swear. But I won’t promise to go back home with you starting today as well since I have to be in at 4pm there.”

 

“And what time will you be going home from now on?”

 

“Until the store closes at 11pm.” He said, checking his phone for that information.

 

“Are you sure you wouldn’t be too tired for school once you start working though?” Woohyun intervenes again. “You’ll be working for more than six hours for them and will be home very late. It’s already a trouble to wake you up in the morning.”

 

“But I have Sungyeol with me.” He smiles shyly. “I can count on him when it comes to feeding my cat and waking me up in the morning has always been one of his favorite hobby so I don’t think it’ll be too much of a trouble for me.”

 

“But it will be for me.” Sungyeol whines. “Can you tell me the name of the place though? Maybe I’ll think of dropping by over there today and treat Woohyun.”

 

Woohyun has it coming alright. He knew he’ll be drag around to see the place where the younger is about to work to.

 

He knew it.

 

--

 

The café is called “Heiter Café” it’s in German but it’s actually Serene Café  in English, according to Sungjong that is. He said his mother has been to Germany once and there was this café she find very serene, clean and peaceful so she started to build up of her own.

 

“So for today, you’ll be behind the counters so you can observe us serve the customers to their tables. This is pretty packed during these hours since we got a lot of schools around.” Sungjong explains as he tangled up his apron. “You know how to handle the cashier right? You listen to their orders, write it up on this paper and hand them their receipts. The paper where you write up their orders will be –“

 

“Given to our baristas and kitchen staffs.” He smiled and everyone who sees his dimples half yells. “I got that one Sungjong, thank you.”

 

The younger looks at him, amused by the attention given to him by their patrons. “I guess you’ll be one of the reasons why our customers will be coming back here.” The younger said and Myungsoo just smiles earning another squeaks.

 

Well of course Myungsoo is an asset. Both him and Sungjong are an asset aside from the other workers of their café. There is Kim Taehyung, a university student and one of their staff who makes good coffee; only this one is taken by the younger university student who is inside the kitchen making the foods named Jeon Jungkook. Kim Seokjin is the manager and head cook which is also taken by someone named Kim Namjoon who have become one of their patrons and is sitting at one of the corner of the café with his best friend Min Yoongi, boyfriend of one of the waiters named Park Jimin. Speaking of asset, Jung Hoseok is definitely one of them because that smile is definitely a smile to die for.

 

So all in all, Heiter Café is literally a haven of good looking men around the block. A serene place indeed.

 

Taehyung yells the order near him and as soon as the customer had his drink, Taehyung relieves a sigh and put his hands on his waist. “You having a blast there, maknae? Oh wait, you’re not the maknae. It was Sungjong, right?”

 

“Ah… yes, sunba –“

 

“Oh please. Never call us sunbaenim. In here, you can call us hyung, okay? We’re not that old anyway.” Taehyung let out a boxy smile. “If you’re having any trouble there, just call me or Kookie, okay? We’ll be right there to help you.”

 

Myungsoo appreciates the gesture really, but he isn’t blind and he can see that Taehyung already has too much on his plate to even bother with him. He wants to be of help, not become a bother just because he’s new on this field.

 

“I’ll be fine, hyung.” He said, smiling at him. “I won’t hesitate to call you guys for help but I hope I wouldn’t reach that point because I don’t want to be a bother to anyone.”

 

Taehyung pokes his dimples and Myungsoo jolts in surprise but let the older do what he likes. “Yours are deeper than Kookie’s but I think it’s as deep as Namjoon-hyung’s,” he said as he twists his fingers against Myungsoo’s dimples. “Probably deeper.”

 

“You’re creeping him out, Tae.” Jungkook pushes his boyfriend and settles between them to call on Jimin who happens to be serving their friends Namjoon and Yoongi. The shorter male slides to where they are and Jungkook gave him a plate. “This is for table 44.”

 

“Roger that, Kookie.” He said and he slides back to where table 44 is.

 

Jungkook turns to his boyfriend and scold him for being too close to Myungsoo. Not that he mind though because Taehyung is affectionate like that. He don’t need days to figure everyone out around him. This group of friends are easy to understand.

 

He leaves the two alone, being sweet and all of that. He can get use to this.

 

The day carry on like that and soon it’s nearing 7pm. The café is pretty much – still crowded due to many students coming from Myungsoo and Sungjong’s school – but other than that there’s nothing more that keeps them busy. That’s why they get to eat their dinner two by two in their staff room. Myungsoo already ate his with Sungjong and now, Jimin is gone with Jin and Hoseok so Myungsoo is up to serve the customers with Sungjong leaving Taehyung behind the counter and making coffees.

 

He just came back with dishes from cleaning a table when the bell chimes and they all turned to the door, welcoming the customer. Myungsoo almost fell on his when he saw Sungyeol with Sunggyu and Woohyun.

 

“Myungsoo, bring those dishes back in the kitchen. I’ll tend to the seniors.” Sungjong said, patting his in the process. Myungsoo swears Sungyeol saw that because if he didn’t he wouldn’t glare at him. But instead of being bothered about it, he hurries back to the kitchen and saw Jungkook there, washing few of the dishes.

 

“Oh, just leave it there. Jin-hyung, Jimin and Hoseok-hyung is done with their dinner. You can go back to the counter again.”

 

“Ah, yeah. I’ll do that.” He said and he was on his way back to the counter when he turned to Jungkook again. “Don’t you need help with the dishes, hyung?”

 

The other smiles at him and shakes his head. “Tae needs your help more than I need yours. I’ll be fine here. You can go.”

 

“Oh, okay.” He said and soon he’s back in the counter, taking the seat Taehyung just vacated to make coffees. “Anything I need to be reminded of Tae-hyung?”

 

“Oh nothing. I took the orders of the recent customers and will be doing their coffees. Not the most recent though.”

 

The most recent are Sungyeol and the others. He bite down his lower lip and true to his thought, Sungyeol and Woohyun soon graces him who is behind the counter.

 

“Why are you suddenly back here in the counter?” Sungyeol asked, not hiding his annoyance. “I was pretty sure I saw you serving tables before we came in.”

 

“I was just filling in Jimin-hyung and Hoseok-hyung’s place since I’m done with my dinner with Sung –“ he bite down his tongue when he saw the clouded expression on Sungyeol’s face. “Anything I can get you guys?”

 

“Are they friends from school, Myungie?” Taehyung asked on his other side earning Myungsoo’s attention that he fails to see Sungyeol’s eyebrow twitches in more annoyance.

 

“Ah, yes hyung. These are my best friends… Woohyun-hyung and Sungyeollie.” He introduced. “They’re both a year older than me but I skipped a year so I’m in their class.”

 

“Wow!” Taehyung exclaims. “You are like Kookie. He skips a year or two so he could be on the same year as me in college.”

 

Myungsoo blushed to that because he really is like Jungkook. He also worked hard to skipped a year just so he could be with Sungyeol. “Ah, he’s one of those who makes coffee aside from Hoseok-hyung over there.“ he pointed out the man leading two students to their table. “His name is Kim Taehyung. The other guy who is talking to those customers is Jimin-hyung and that’s one with small eyes is Yoongi-hyung, his boyfriend.” He cleared his throat and thanked the heavens when Jungkook came out of the kitchen to give Sungjong a plate. “That one is Taehyung-hyung’s boyfriend, Jungkook-hyung. And the one behind him is Jin-hyung. He’s the manager of the café. His boyfriend is over there, Namjoon-hyung.”

 

“I know the other guy with you.” Taehyung said, looking at Sunggyu who is now face to face with his laptop, earphones plugged inside his ears. “His name is Kim Sunggyu, right? He’s younger than us but he sings well. According to Namjoon-hyung he writes song pretty well for a sophomore in university of music. And isn’t he close to Jang Dongwoo?” Woohyun and Sungyeol only nods. “He’s in the same dance club with Hoseok, Jimin and Jungkook.”

 

Soon enough, they can see Yoongi leaving his seat and approaching Sunggyu who’s eyes got widen as soon as he recognize the other before him. Yoongi sits before Sunggyu and they talk about whatever they can’t hear from where they are but they’re sure it’s about music.

 

“So what can we get you guys?” Myungsoo asked and his best friends are back in looking at him.

 

Myungsoo really doesn’t know until when Sungyeol, Woohyun and Sunggyu are staying in the café. Jin surfaces to the vacated spot of Taehyung because the other still has a class to attend to at 8:30 and Jungkook leaves with him. According to Jin, Jungkook is a rich motherer and he doesn’t need to work there but chose to work because Taehyung did so yeah. Yoongi takes over the kitchen once Jungkook left it empty with Jin being on the spot of Taehyung. Yoongi, according also to Jin, takes over once Jungkook left with Tae, an excuse to stay longer for Jimin. Namjoon on the other hand left with his car a little bit later after Taehyung and Jungkook but promised to come back after his class to pick Jin.

 

Everyone around him are a couple and if Myungsoo were to compare himself to one of them, it’s going to be on Jungkook. He did the same way to be with Sungyeol, he skipped a year.

 

“Will I get to see more of the lover lounging here to wait for their other half?” Jin asked, holding a mop behind him. They’re closing the shop for that day and Myungsoo is thankful enough that nothing bad happens for his first day.

 

“What do you mean, Jin-hyung?”

 

Jin pointed Sungyeol and Woohyun with his lips. “Why are they helping us out –“

 

“Because that tall guy is waiting for you.” Myungsoo swallows hard and Jin smirks. “Don’t worry, I’m pretty used to it by now. Every day without fail, right after their classes is done, Yoongi and Namjoon come here and sit over there waiting for me and Jimin. Jungkook does the same before for Taehyung but he’s whipped enough to even ask for me to give him the work in the kitchen so he could be waiting for Taehyung productively.”

 

“He really did that?” Jin nods. “Jungkook-hyung really loves Taehyung-hyung, huh?”

 

“Of course he does… he loves him too much. They love each other too much. And I can see the same thing from that Sungyeol guy and you.”

 

“How can you say that?”

 

“Oh come on. He wouldn’t wait for you till closing time if he’s not in love with you.”

 

He wanted to tell Jin that it was him that is loving too much in their relationship – if there really is any  in that sort – but he stay quiet, not very fond of explaining his and Sungyeol’s complicated relationship – again if there really is any in that sort.

 

Myungsoo walks silently beside Sungyeol who is more than happy that Jin gave him a box of sweet delights.

 

“What do you think about me getting a job in that café, Myung? Do you think they’ll –“

 

“I don’t think that’s a pretty nice idea Yeol.” He said lowly. “The hyungs got the surprised of their lives when the customers piled up twice more than ever coming from our school. They are extra exhausted today and I don’t think having you there will be… less tiring.”

 

Myungsoo is tired as well. Before Sungyeol came with Woohyun and Sunggyu, he already explores the chores given to each of them except for making the coffee and making the foods. He experienced multi-tasking and he’s not complaining but it tires him out, seriously. Mrs. Lee also said that if he can do two things to fill in other’s position and to help, do it and that’s exactly what everyone does in that café.

 

He can see that everyone is happy with what they are doing but that doesn’t make things less exhausting.

 

“You can’t work there especially when you’re in student council. You can’t throw your position away just because you want to work there.”

 

He stops walking and Sungyeol did the same, looking at him confusedly. “Yeollie, were you jealous earlier?” the taller averting his gaze tells him yes he is so he sighs. “And are you considering working there because you met my workmates?” again, Sungyeol doesn’t need to say anything because Myungsoo sees right through him so he took the taller’s hand. “I’m banning you in coming there, Yeollie. You are supposed to be at home, cooking dinner for Daeyeol and Auntie. Studying and waiting for me to just come home and we’ll talk by then. I don’t want you staying there just to wait for me and don’t you ever for a second get to thinking of working there just so we could be with each other.”

 

“Aren’t you reading a bit too much about this? I –“

 

“I know you so well and I know what you did there. Don’t go around lying to me.” Sungyeol goes quiet so he let his hand go. “Yeol, there’s no need for you to be all jealous. Fine, you can drop by everyday but you will only drop by. You will not stay till closing time.”

 

“Will I still be able to walk to school with you?”

 

“Of course, what makes you think that you won’t?”

 

“It’s just that… you leaving earlier with Sungjong makes me think of the things I never want to think about and it’s making me mad. I don’t want to see you walking to work with him.”

 

Myungsoo wanted to smirk and tell Sungyeol that it’s exactly how he felt before when the taller leaves without him but chose not to for it will only stir up Sungyeol and he doesn’t want that.

 

“I don’t think that’s unavoidable but it can happen every now and then especially when Sungjong and I goes to the same school and same working place.”

 

“Then will you let me bring you dinner?”

 

“Okay, that’s absolutely fine. But no more staying till closing time, okay?”

 

Sungyeol nods and Myungsoo thought the taller seriously understands him.

 

The next day at school, Sungjong approached Myungsoo when he’s on his way inside he cafeteria with Sungyeol beside him. The younger approach Myungsoo to inform him that Taehyung will be out for today because he’ll be finishing his project and that he would probably be taking over Taehyung’s spot as well. He asked about Jungkook but Taehyung’s muse is Jungkook for the said project so those two will be out together.

 

“Then shouldn’t we call Yoongi-hyung so he could help around the kitchen?”

 

“Already on it but Jin-hyung said Yoongi-hyung will be finishing a track with Namjoon-hyung later today so he can’t.”

 

“I can help.” Sungyeol said beside him earning both of their attentions. “What? I swear I’m not trying to get myself a work. I just thought you needed help today. Besides, Mom is going back earlier today so I don’t have to worry about the house and Byeol.”

 

“Um… who’s Byeol?” Sungjong asked in a tiny voice, Sungyeol glare at him.

 

“Myungsoo’s cat. He’s been in my care since Myungsoo started working twice as before. I don’t mind though. So what? You guys need help right?”

 

Jin gave Myungsoo an amused look from the kitchen later that day as he explains things to Sungyeol who gets it at first instruct. When Jin approached him, he was blushing all-over.

 

“Guess it’s safe to say that your man is as whipped as Jeon when it comes to Taehyung.” And he winks, tending with the drinks.

 

Myungsoo wanted to say that it’s the other way around but instead, he continue to face the customers with his face beet red from embarrassment.

 

I will never get used to this.

 

--

 

A/N: GUYS DON’T FORGET TO STREAM THE MV ON THE OFFICIAL PAGES, OKAY?! And I know this is quite – WAY TOO LATE – so I won’t apologize. But hey, I’m back! How are you guys? I’m hype for our Romeo’s comeback. WHO IS NOT? Leave me comments below! Thanks!

 

Also, since I only have two favorite kpop group, my stories goes around INFINITE and BTS. Please don’t mind me doing age swaps and anything here. Thanks!