9: The Beginning

I'm in love with you (And all your little things)

“You and Myungsoo are different.”

 

“…so don’t hold back.”

 

“…it’s nice having the one we love beside us when we know they’re ours fully…”

 

Staring up with the ceiling is probably not the right thing to do when you’re in student council and needed to be in school earlier than anybody but for Sungyeol, that seems to be a new found habit.

 

He’s been thinking. A lot. And it’s not all that good for him, really. But Jin’s words has been inside his head and he can’t actually tell that the older male is wrong with what he says. But why can’t things be as easy as what the older says, really? Why does it feel so complicated when it comes to him and Myungsoo?

 

A series of knocks cut his inner turmoil of thoughts and Myungsoo peek his head inside his room. It’s been three days since that day when he found Myungsoo texting that girl from the café. Three days of being restless, thinking about the possibilities of the two to be together.

 

He hates the idea.

 

“Hey.” He sits up from his bed as Myungsoo approach him slowly and carefully, already dressed for school and with Byeol following him behind. “What’s up?”

 

Myungsoo occupies one end of his bed, giving Byeol a chance to jump on the other’s lap to be patted. “I should be the one asking that, Sungyeol. You’re supposed to be in school right now but you’re still here and – undressed. What’s wrong?”

 

“Definitely not sick.” He leans back when Myungsoo reached out for his forehead. “I’m fine. Just not feeling of going, seriously.” He says, surprising the younger because he never skips before, unless of course, necessary. “Maybe I’ll come in the afternoon. After lunch.”

 

Sungyeol look away when Myungsoo stare at him like he’s trying to figure him out. He once again took the cover up until his head and turn to the other side so he can give the younger his back.

 

He heard him sigh and soon, a hand is gently massaging his scalp. “You’ve been like this for three days now. Making me feel and think that I did something wrong…”

 

“Maybe you did.” Was his short reply.

 

“Is this about Hana?”

 

“I don’t know. Maybe?”

 

“Sungyeol, it’s about Hana right? She’s just a –“

 

“You don’t text anyone other than me, your family, my family and our friends. So if you tell me she’s just a friend, I’m going to have to smack you down.”

 

“You saw the text conversation, is that it?”

 

“I dunno. Maybe.”

 

Myungsoo his lips wet before he stood from where he’s seated. “I’ll be home later as usual. You don’t have to wait for me.”

 

The sound of the door closing isn’t something unusual to hear but it is now for Sungyeol. It’s a painful sound that he suddenly doesn’t want to hear. He doesn’t even know why it hurts to hear the door closing. Maybe because it’s Myungsoo closing it and leaving him behind.

 

They’re like magnets. He moves then Myungsoo moves. It’s always been natural for them to be like that, a feeling that they’ve been born with it flooding his mind over the years.

 

And maybe because they’ve been like that for a long time that it hurts to be apart even for just a second, what more now that it’s been days?

 

He always feared that a day would come and he’ll lose Myungsoo. Maybe that day has come and it’s happening right now. Right before his very eyes. Of course he would let Myungsoo decide; leave him alone if he wants. But can he really do it?

 

Surely, being without Myungsoo will take a lot of getting used to. No more hang-out. No more stay over at each other’s place. Intimacy will be gone and the bond will be cut off. Or worse, Myungsoo might think about following his mother and his brother in Canada.

 

The clock on his bedside table became blurry because of his unshed tears. The pain is unfathomable.

 

The kind of pain he never really wishes of feeling.

 

The kind of pain he never sees coming.

 

The kind of pain only Myungsoo could make him feel.

 

He gets up slowly, wiping away the tears as they fall. Small sobs could be heard from him if you listen carefully. If there is someone who should be crying here, it should be Myungsoo. He got all the rights because he put up the wall between them. He decided for them. And that alone is enough to make him suffer.

 

And maybe he deserves it.

 

He was about to get up when the door opens again. Myungsoo gets in but what surprises him is the younger changed into t.shirt and jogging pants.

 

“I called Woohyun-hyung and tell him we’re not going to school today. I said you’re sick and I have to take care of you. He said he’ll give us the materials after class. Do you want ice cream or –“

 

“Yes.” He said in a hurry, gaining Myungsoo’s attention because his voice cracks. “I want that ice cream.”

 

“Were you crying before I come in?”

 

“No… I’m not.” He lied but when Myungsoo took him in his arms that’s when he broke down.

 

“What are you crying? Did I make you cry? If you don’t want me texting Hana ever again, I won’t. Just tell me. You know I’ll do anything you want me to do, Yeol.”

 

“N-no… it’s not that. It’s me. The issue is on me and I – It’s unhealthy and loathe this feeling inside me because I shouldn’t ask too much from you because – “

 

“Sungyeol, no. We are the issue. You and I are the issue. It’s not just you.”

 

Myungsoo placed the ice cream on the table beside him and pull away from Sungyeol to have a better look at him.

 

“I thought you left.”

 

“Are you crazy? You’ve been ignoring me for three days. Do you really think I’d like to add more days to that? I’m ready to be the most annoying guy you ever known if you won’t talk to me still, damn it.”

 

Sungyeol smiled, tears still falling from his tearful eyes. “Why did you stay then?”

 

“Because you’re sad and because we’re having a misunderstanding – or at least you misunderstood something I did. Now listen to me because I had enough of s already about us… Sungyeol, we can make this work even if we’re missing a label okay? I don’t need that at all. I need you. That’s the first thing you should always keep in your mind. Just you. With label or none… it’s always been you.

 

“You have to tell me what bothers you. You cannot leave me in the dark thinking what I did wrong and actually getting crazy over it. You have to tell me. You have to tame me because I’m yours as you are mine.”

 

Myungsoo takes a deep breath and meet Sungyeol’s eyes again. “You have to tell me what I can’t and can do… you have to tell me what’s hurting you or if I’m hurting you. You have to tell me everything because you are not alone of desiring this.”

 

He held Sungyeol’s hand tighter this time. “The label can be damned. I just don’t care about it. If you like someone, you like someone. Putting a name on it doesn’t change the feeling.”

 

“But it gives us assurance.”

 

“You’re the only assurance I want, Sungyeol. But you really have to stop not telling me anything or what you feel because it scares me, okay? I can’t just think that ‘ah, this bothers him so this I can’t do’ or think that ‘oh, he’s chill with this so this I can do’ because I tend to read you wrongly most of the times. I tend to overthink and overthinking is never good. It broke people. And it’s nearly breaking me when you stay silent all the time… I can’t read minds Sungyeol. I can’t read yours. I don’t know what you want… you have to tell me.”

 

Here is Myungsoo giving him a speech and he’s still not sure what he wants. If he wants to put a name on it or just don’t care like Myungsoo.

 

Myungsoo didn’t push him to talk. Instead, the younger pulled him close as they watch a movie in Myungsoo’s living room. Something Myungsoo spoiled him with.

 

But as he watches the younger get ready for work, it took him a lot of courage before he could run towards Myungsoo and hugs him from behind, almost outbalancing the younger.

 

“I love you… so much for my own good. I know I’m not perfect and I can’t fully give you what you want right now but I know I will be someday. I’m sorry for everything and for making you feel like you’re all wrong about me but if there is one person that knows me so damn well aside my Mom, it’s you Myung. It’s always been you. Your feelings for me are appreciated and reciprocated. Please keep that in mind. Always.”

 

“I will. Always.”

 

And maybe that’s the last push he needs to kiss Myungsoo before finally letting him go for work. The only assurance he needs. The only assurance he ever needs.

 

Myungsoo now on his shift in the café is as usual, serving the customers. It’s still chill when he arrives earlier that day but it soon packed up once the classes ends. Woohyun came soon enough with Sunggyu behind him, probably because he’ll give him the lessons they missed for today.

 

“Myungie, we’re leaving early today.” Taehyung said beside him, making coffee. “I need to pass my project today. Jin-hyung is sick so he cannot be here today. Can you cover for me?”

 

“Hyung, you said today three times.” He said amusedly to Taehyung as the other rambles, stress is visible in his eyes. “Who will cover for me then?”

 

“Sungjong? Ah, I hate this season where we are too busy for our own good. College so much sometimes.”

 

“Is it hard?”

 

Taehyung looks at him smiling and seconds after, that smile is gone and replaced by a serious expression.

 

“College is the time of your life where you get to experience all hardship and wonder how the you made it.”

 

Taehyung places the cup down carefully as he moves closer to Myungsoo. “It’s the time where you get less of your time to have fun. Every now and then, you’ll be worried about the things that shouldn’t be done now because you’ll be afraid for chances to come that you can work on it later. It’s hard to see your friends, it’s hard to do the things you want like going out on a weekend for some fun or worse, it’s hard to make time with your partner when you have one.” Taehyung follows Jungkook across from the café, serving customers because they’re short with people today. “There comes a time when I get to see Kookie once a week or worse, none a week at all. I cried so hard at night knowing he can’t be there for me and with me because he’s as busy. His family is rich, he got some huge responsibility for them so I know he’s double busy compared to me… I whined so much because I misses him so much every second of every day but do you want to know what he did when he made me believed that he can’t be home for my birthday because they have something to do outside the country?”

 

Myungsoo nods stupidly and Taehyung grins at him. “When I was about to blow the candles on my cake which he bought but was given to me by my friends, he called me… he asked me to stand outside the terrace and I was like ‘what do you want me to do? Freeze to death?’ but followed his instruction anyway.” Taehyung giggles now keeping his eye on Jungkook who’s taking orders. “Right when I stepped my foot outside the terrace, the sky goes from dark to bright. It was so so magical… Kookie fires tons of fireworks that night just for me. I am crying the whole time I almost forgot I got him on the phone… And then he says, ‘I can’t be there with you today but at least I managed to make you cry out of happiness using fireworks. It was my fault when we missed our Uni’s firework display anyway so now I’m giving you your own. Happy birthday, Baby. You mean so much to me more than I let you see… you’re my life.’

 

They both look at Jungkook now who is on his way to the counter to deliver new orders and he heard Taehyung sigh beside him. It’s hard to imagine the cold-looking Jungkook could be that sweet but then again, we all have one person where we want to give our all for. Like himself for Sungyeol. “You see Myungie… the reason why I’m telling you this is because, things aren’t perfect or it just won’t reach the perfection we seek for it to be. But whatever it is, as long as there’s connection between the two of you, stronger than any other bond in this world, you’ll be okay. Because at the end of the day, nothing is more satisfying than that person’s smile to you.”

 

“I heard from the others that you and Jungkook-hyung didn’t name what you have for a long time… h-how did you –“

 

“How did we take the step?” Again, a nod from Myungsoo. “We suddenly want to go beyond the boundaries of friendzone.”

 

Night grows older and people came in and out of the café and soon Myungsoo find himself doing two works at the same time that got too tired soon enough. Taehyung and Jungkook left right before dinner came so Taehyung can pass his project. Thankfully, Hoseok and Jimin remained. Sungjong got the cashier cover while Yoongi occupies the kitchen.

 

“Hey kid, your boyfriend is waiting for you outside. You can ask him to come in you know and I don’t know, ask him to help us around for a while until Namjoon comes?”

 

“Namjoon-hyung is coming?”

 

“Yeah, soon with Jin. Jin is ing around Namjoon saying they should check us out even after I told him that we’re fine here.”

 

“Oh.” He said and stifles a laugh as he went out of the pantry where he just ate.

 

“You know your boyfriend sure loves waiting for you outside. It’s okay to wait inside. Jin wouldn’t mind. This café is free for all the partners of the workers to wait inside.”

 

“Uhm, he’s not really my boyfriend, hyung.” He shyly inquires that got Yoongi’s mouth drops open.

 

“What? You – you’re not with him?”

 

“Yeah it’s, just complicated, really. But I know he loves me so –“

 

“Is that enough though?”

 

“Of course hyung. Labeling what we have doesn’t really matter –“

 

“For how long will it be okay on your side really?”

 

“For as long as he’s not ready for it to be labeled hyung.”

 

Silence engulfs them shortly before Yoongi scratch his nape and looks away. “I don’t really want to give a word but Jin and Taehyung has been talking about it with us you know – about what you have with that guy. I mean, if you guys are okay with your set-up then I guess it’s fine but… until when? Will it be okay and would you just say it works until you guys find someone better? Until he finds someone better? Or you?”

 

“No hyung, I pretty much got that part handled. He’s not ready to put a label on us because he got some issues and I’m not really fond of pushing the buttons so I guess I’ll wait until that day comes for us.” Myungsoo reasoned but Yoongi clicked his tongue.

 

“I – okay kid listen, I agree okay? I’m actually okay with you guys not putting a label on it but people around here worries about you. But here’s from me, okay? I think you don’t actually need labels in a relationship, what you need is consistency. You just need to know that they’re not going to wake up one morning and feel differently… as long as you have that consistency, then I guess you’re fine so – yeah. Keep it however you want it to be kept. Just – keep the consistency. That’s the most valuable in this kind of situation. I mean I should know… Jungkook and Taehyung went there. Look at them now.” Yoongi shrugs his shoulder before moving on to help around the café.

 

Suddenly, Myungsoo got nothing to rebut on that. He walks out slowly and saw Sungyeol standing outside the café with Byeol in his hand. These two are probably out for a walk and seeing the plastic bag on Sungyeol’s hand, the other must’ve gone out to buy some things and just came to check on him.

 

Sungyeol spotted him and smiles, the usual smile he always wanted to see. That smile pushes him to come outside faster.

 

“Hey.” He said and ruffles Byeol’s head. “Gone shopping?”

 

“Yeah, just bought things we’re lacking in your apartment. Hey Jimin-hyung.”

 

“Oh hey Yeollie!” the shorter smiles at them as he throws the trash straight to the bin. “Gone shopping?” he asked again and Sungyeol shrugs this time.

 

“Yeah, just things Myungsoo and I are lacking in our apartment.”

 

“Oh.”

 

Now, Myungsoo haven’t been with Jimin and the others for so long but he’s not stupid when he says that Jimin’s smile is teasing.

 

“Well I wish you bought –“

 

“Okay hyung, Yoongi-hyung needs help inside. You need to go back.”

 

Jimin winks at him as he goes back inside. “So, busy night?” Sungyeol inquires and take out one ice cream for Myungsoo. “I just came to check on you if you’re still alive. And because Woohyun said we got five assignments and he already gave you copies.”

 

“Ah, yeah. It’s in my lockers. Do you want to take it home?”

 

“Yes please.”

 

“Okay, wait for me inside. I’ll take it out.”

 

Sungyeol follows Myungsoo inside the café and greeted everybody – and by everybody mean, Sungjong, Hoseok, Jimin and Yoongi – that’s when he noticed that they’re short with people that night.

 

“Sungjong, where are Taehyung-hyung and Jungkook-hyung?”

 

Sungjong takes the order from Jimin, punched it on the computer and looks up to his inquiring eyes. “Taehyung-hyung needs to pass some project to his professors and Jungkook-hyung goes with him so they could wait for their night classes together after. Jin-hyung is sick but he’ll be arriving soon to check up on us. Namjoon-hyung will be here to help us around soon as well.”

 

“Do you need more help then? I mean who’s in the kitchen?”

 

“I am.” Yoongi game a plate to Jimin. “And I do need some help in there. Customer keeps coming.”

 

“I can help hyung.” Sungyeol said, already putting the plastic bag on the counter. “But I got some company here…” he said pointing at Byeol. “But I swear it’s well-trained so he’ll just stay –“

 

“Yeol here it is.” Myungsoo came running but he noticed the plastic bag out of Sungyeol’s hand. “What are you doing?”

 

“Yoongi-hyung needs help, he says, so I’m here to help.”

 

“Oh… I mean that’s fine. We do need help anyway.”

 

Sungyeol nods and placed Byeol on a basket Jimin takes out from Jin’s office. “I just put some table covers in it so he can be comfortable.”

 

“Thanks, it’s fine.”

 

Myungsoo takes the plastic filled with necessities with him and go back to the pantry where his things are only to put the things Woohyun gave him beside it together with the groceries.

 

Byeol might be a bad idea after all because thirty minutes after, the cat alone became an attraction. Giving the café more customers than they should have at this point of time.

 

Byeol became like a star. Girls are taking a lot of pictures, non-stop. Myungsoo worries that his cat gets irritated and scratch the customers but seems like it likes the attention.

 

“Woah, what’s happening here?”

 

All heads turned to see who just came – it was Jin and Namjoon. Namjoon held Jin’s hand and even with a mask, anyone could say that Jin is sick for looking so red. His cheeks are flushed and he’s coughing.

 

“There’s an additional attraction. It’s Myungsoo’s cat. I hope you don’t mind. I was passing by and I got him in my arms when I came.” Sungyeol said from just coming out the kitchen.

 

“Oh thank God you’re here to help, Sungyeol-ssi.” Jin coughs and all of them leaned back. “Rude, I’m okay now! Fever is gone!”

 

“But you’re still –“

 

“Shush, Namjoon. No one is asking.” Jin cuts off the other before looking around. “What breed is that cat? It’s beautiful.”

 

“It’s a Russian blue breed.” Sungyeol answers for him.

 

“What’s its name?” Jin coos on the cat and ruffles his hair.

 

“It’s Byeol.”

 

Jin looks at Sungyeol who touches the cat’s head and it purrs. Then Jin gives a brief look at Myungsoo.

 

“That doesn’t sound original at all.”

 

“Shut up hyung.” Myungsoo blushed.

 

--

 

After their shift, Myungsoo and Sungyeol bids everyone goodbye with a little take-out treats for all from Jin. It’s tiring and humid but at least they all made it.

 

Myungsoo watches as Sungyeol holds Byeol gently on his arms while he takes the plastic bag filled with the grocery.

 

“Woohyun told me about the school trip.” Sungyeol blurted out suddenly and turns to Myungsoo. “I think it’s best to tell the hyungs in the café that you’ll be gone for a few days because of it.”

 

“If Woohyun told you Sungjong must’ve told them already.” He shrugs. “Will you tell me what made you run out of the apartment and buy these things I’m sure we got extras?”

 

Sungyeol stopped on his tracks and Myungsoo looks back at him after noticing he’s gone beside him. Myungsoo’s eyes are watching Sungyeol carefully and if this isn’t Myungsoo with the scrutinizing gaze, he should probably trembles.

 

“Nothing… I just feel like buying more extras.” Was his lame excuse as he went beside Myungsoo again.

 

“You’re not having those attacks right Yeol?” Myungsoo asked carefully and softly as he took Sungyeol’s hand. “Tell me you aren’t…”

 

“Myungsoo no.”

 

Sungyeol took a few steps back and pull his hand away. “I’m fine. I’m okay. No kinds of attacks at all. I’m fine.”

 

“You remember what I told you before right?”

 

“Yes I do.” The taller smiled making Myunsoo smile on his own as he caresses his best friend’s cheek.

 

“I’m here for you always, Sungyeol.”

 

--

 

 

At age seven, I started to ask myself why did my dad left us.

 

Is it because of me? Or is it because of my brother? Is he always fighting with my mom?

 

The last question should be crossed out because of course he's not. We’re together inside our home and they’re not verbally or physically fighting at all.

 

I've been wondering what pushes my dad to do the things he did before and leave us behind. Is it my grades? I'm pretty sure that's not it. I'm good at school (not that good in Math but I can handle it just fine), sometimes way too good that I almost got promoted to higher grade if only mom didn't opposed to it. Her reason? She wants me to receive a proper education with a proper process. So I concluded that no, dad didn't leave because of my grades.

 

Is it because I ask too much? Probably not. As a kid, it's normal for us to ask for too much but I'm not normal. My interests are rare for a kid. I mean who wants science books at age 5?

 

Is it my mom's cooking? Absolutely not. I learned cooking from my mom and she's really good. I've been wondering why she didn't become a chef, she got the real deal in her.

 

Maybe it's because...

 

"Sungyeol, I hope that one day, you'll be able to forgive me. You're still young and you wouldn't understand when I say that every beginning has an end. Even the most beautiful beginning has its end and this?  This is the end of my and your mom's beginning... I'm so sorry, son. I love you very much and -"

 

"Then why are you leaving?"

 

A tear fell from his father's eyes before he's pulled for a hug. Sungyeol at age seven is a strong kid. Intelligent and wise, he'll understand.

 

"You'll understand when you get older..."

 

That was the last time he saw his father. The last time he heard of him, is from his mother. About his decision to remarry. At age nine, his parents divorced. And the unspoken promise that he'll understand when he gets older never came.

 

Because up until now he still cannot understand why his father left.

 

Waking up with tears blurring everything around you as you open your eyes is a natural thing for Sungyeol. But what's unnatural is seeing Myungsoo looking down at him with his alarm clock at hand.

 

"Yeollie, I think I ruined your alarm clock. It's too loud and -" he stopped in mid-sentence once he noticed the tears staining Sungyeol's cheeks. "Are you crying? What's wrong?"

 

He only shakes his head and pulls Myungsoo by his waist and hug him tightly.

 

"Bad dream..."

 

"What kind?" Myunsoo tenses.

 

"The kind that I don't want to have..."

 

"Do you want anything? Should I get you -"

 

"You're here. That's all that matters. Don't move. Let me hold you for a while."

 

"Okay."

 

Myungsoo didn't move an inch after that and let Sungyeol get all the hugs that he has to offer.

 

"Can't we just skip again?"

 

"No, Sungyeol we can't. Woohyun says we're receiving the pamphlet for our school's field trip. You should be aware. I bet your student council members already told you and Woohyun gives you head up about it."

 

"They did. I just didn't care when I received that email."

 

"Well you should. Get up now and get ready. Your mom brought us breakfast for a change. Daeyeol brought it here before he went on ahead to school."

 

Why is everyone so productive today? A question lingering inside Sungyeol's head. He's too tired to get up after all the work he has done for the cafe. Not to mention, the assignments they didn't finish until 3am.

 

Myungsoo doesn't look refreshed either and looking how the younger lags right about in anything he does, Sungyeol can only smile.

 

"Jin-hyung texted me saying we're close for today because he's still sick and almost everyone couldn't make it."

 

"I can always fill in."

 

"Nope." Myungsoo keeps his phone inside his pocket. "Jin-hyung is sick - worse than he already is - Namjoon-hyung and Yoongi-hyung got a song to finish, Taehyung-hyung is working on a paper due today, Jungkook-hyung is going back in Busan to check on some personal things, Sungjong is well, he's the nephew of the owner, Hoseok-hyung and Jimin-hyung is preparing for a showcase so yeah, everyone is out today."

 

"Wow... They sure are busy, huh?"

 

"Actually..." Myungsoo take out something from his bag and give it to Sungyeol. It's a flyer. "Taehyung-hyung says I should come with my friends there. It's SNU's yearly celebration for its birthday - his terms, not mine - anyway, that's next week. They're busy because of that I guess. He mentioned something about his department holding an exhibit for their artworks. Jungkook-hyung is not majoring photography, but he's skilled and belongs to the photography club so he'll be one of those who will cover this but surely, he'll only give Taehyung-hyung's work justice." He chuckles. "At night, the dance showcase which Hoseok-hyung and Jimin-hyung has been preparing for will be held so we can stay till then. That is, if you want to come. The cafe will be close that day of course. After all, Jin-hyung is an alumni in SNU so - what do you say? Come with me meet Jin-hyung in front of the SNU gates?"

 

It's a festival. He heard about this of course, fully aware about it even. Myungsoo and he have been aiming for SNU after all. Strolling around their dream university will be so much fun that's for sure.

 

"I would love to." He said, clearly not giving it a second thought.

 

Later that day, they were given the pamphlet for their field trip in two weeks’ time. Sungyeol is excited and he can see Myungsoo is as excited as he talk to their other male friends.

 

It always become a habit to watch Myungsoo across the room and just admire him, you know? His heart swells for so much love for the younger. He always wonders why Myungsoo always carry on with casual conversation with others and not have problems. Inside their room, he's obviously the maknae, but three years (six years for few of their classmates since middle school) proves that Myungsoo is the most intimidating one, the smartest even. He excels so much in everything he put his mind to. And he can find himself smiling like an idiot whenever he hears someone admiring the younger. Of course not when they're about to pounce him and confess, that's a whole lot different idea. Myungsoo has always been his anyway. That's one unwritten rule no one can ever erase or change. And the line he puts around Myungsoo is invisible but can be felt through his glares.

 

He wonders how watching Myungsoo became a habit, really? It just went on and on since they were ten and sometimes it's disgustingly annoying but who cares? The one being stared at doesn't care so who else would?

 

He can feel his own breathing suddenly slowing down.

 

The sudden pang of pain struck his chest when he got reminded of his dream this morning. He looks away and clutch his chest and maybe the way he tear his gaze away from Myungsoo is weighed enough for the younger to turn his own gaze on him.

 

To make sure your love ones doesn't go anywhere; keep your eyes on them.

 

... Of all the things he get reminded of, that? That thing his father told him when he's reprimanding him about his lost rabbit? His life must've become a joke because -

 

Wait. Is that why he's keeping an eye on Myungsoo? Is he that crazy and scared that anytime Myungsoo will go? That Myungsoo will -

 

No. , no. Just no. Myungsoo will never leave him. Never.

 

Emphasis on ing never.

 

Woohyun who just got back from the teacher's office noticed how pale Sungyeol looks like and in a matter of seconds, their Science notebooks fell on the ground because anxiety attacks.

 

Myungsoo is frozen on where he is, probably too stunned to move and aid the older because what triggers the anxiety to come now? It’s been so long since Sungyeol last had it so what could possibly trigger it now?

 

Woohyun is quicker to yank Sungyeol's hands away from his chest.

 

"Sungyeol! , Sungyeol do you hear me?!"

 

Sungyeol's eyes fixated on him seconds after being called. And Myungsoo finally went closer, fast enough to hold Sungyeol's other hand.

 

"Yeollie? What? What's happening?"

 

But all there is for Sungyeol's answer are tears escaping his usually bright eyes.

 

And it's enough to break Myungsoo's heart into tiny pieces.

 

"Sungyeol... Baby what -"

 

"I - I got to... K-keep eye on y-you or y-y-you'll leave t-too... My d-dad used t-to"

 

"! Can somebody please call the school doctor or an ambulance, please?!"

 

Three of their classmates hurry away and Myungsoo almost pushes Woohyun aside just so he could hold both the taller's hands.

 

Woohyun lets him take over though. Everyone watches as Sungyeol blabbers about how his dad used to tell him this and that. Myungsoo continuously nods with everything he says.

 

"You'll n-never leave m-me? Right?"

 

"Baby, I will never. So please calm down... Can you stop shaking so much? For me?"

 

The doctor came right when Sungyeol went limp and collapses.

 

Because the seven year old Sungyeol is not strong. He got traumatized and he became friends with anxiety.

 

The separation anxiety disorder.

 

--

 

A/N: Hi. Leave comments below! Thanks!