8. Are we playing this game?

I'm in love with you (And all your little things)

Myungsoo were wiping the tables clean when Sungyeol came with Woohyun. The two didn’t come with just the two of them this time and it’s making him rolled his eyes because did he actually believe that Sungyeol will follow what he says? Of course the hell not. He moves back to where the counter is and Taehyung eyed him knowingly because ever since Sungyeol came to help them in the kitchen, not only did Sungyeol became one of their on-call crews there when they needed it but also the taller became a regular customer together with Woohyun and his other Student Council friends.

 

Being one of the popular ones  in their school, one of the smartest, one who skips a year and one of those who turn heads as he walks by, of course everyone will gather and see Kim Myungsoo waiting tables, taking orders from patrons, behind the counters and serving tables. Of course he should’ve expected this to happen, that half of their patron ever since he came in that café mostly are from their school. That ever since he came there, Jin has to serve to give out extra hands because there’s just too many and it reaches to the point where people come for take-outs because the place is full to even stay there.

 

He let out a sigh and shrugs, knowing Taehyung is still smirking at him. He stands behind the counter, ready for their waiters to come to him and give him their customer’s order.

 

“Sungyeol and friends are here again, I see.” Jin said as he approached the counter. “Do you want to be a waiter today or just stay here?”

 

“I’ll be whatever you want me to be, boss-hyung.” He answers and Jin laughs at that, pushing him on the other side. “Oh, you actually want me to be a waiter today?”

 

“Jimin needed help and it’ll be until Hoseok came. That guy will come here late because he got someone to teach dance steps to.” Jin hands him an apron. “Now go and take orders. I feel a little sick today.”

 

“Alright, boss-hyung.” He wears his apron, grab his mini notebook and pen and take off to take orders. Jimin smiled at him from the other side once he sees where he is going until someone from the other table, just across Sungyeol and friends’ table, asked for him.

 

Taehyung raised his eyebrows behind the counter where he makes coffee because those girls has been sitting there for forty five minutes already, he noticed because Jimin has been going back and forth on their side asking if they’re ready to order but they will say no and now that Myungsoo is out to serve tables, they call for him?

 

“Hyung, I think we should really kick out some customers sometimes especially when they’re about to cause some trouble.”

 

Jin didn’t bother turning to Taehyung as he punch the orders Jimin gave him but he hums knowingly.

 

They are well aware that some customers are having favorites and they don’t want to repeat that one time when Namjoon, Yoongi and Jungkook helps to serve the tables when they were just starting in that café. Jungkook earned a lot of attention and some girls fight over him just so the younger could serve them first. There is a lot of tableware that breaks that day. It was crazy that Jimin pulled Jungkook by his collar and throw him inside their locker room just to save him.

 

That is the incident that they don’t want to happen again because they don’t want to see another Taehyung glaring at those girls who causes trouble, opening the doors for them and showing them out through Lee Sungyeol who is now glaring at those girls who took Myungsoo’s attention.

 

Myungsoo smiles at the girls that raised their hands first and though he’s feeling the weight of Sungyeol’s stares at him, he didn’t pay attention to that and continue to work.

 

“Are you ready to order, Ma’am?” Myungsoo wanted to roll his eyes when the girls paused for a while only to blatantly stare at him and if this isn’t one thing Jin warned him about, he should’ve shove whatever he was holding on their faces and be the first one to ever happily kicked them out of their café. But of course, Myungsoo has to restrain himself for doing all that especially now that he’s trying to keep this job regularly. And naturally and obviously speaking, he’s in this type of job where he needs to be nice and smiling all the time, he said yes to this so might as well do his share to keep it right? He internally sighs when the girls nods simultaneously at him. “Then may I take you orders, Ma’am?”

 

“Are you free after your shift?” one of them asked and Myungsoo wanted to ask Jimin for help but of course he’s prideful so he didn’t.

 

“That is not in our menu, Ma’am.” He answers, trying to keeping it cool. He can see Jin from where he stands facing this group of girls and he don’t want to make a scene. For the first time, he wanted to turn down girls nicely so he could not let himself in trouble.

 

“But we’re trying to go beyond the menu.”

 

These girls are bunch of middle schoolers he got to keep it together. “We don’t have those kinds to offer, Ma’am.”

 

“Stop calling me Ma’am. Call me Hana.” The girl who has been doing all the talking stood from her seat and offers her hand to Myungsoo. “And I really like you, Myungsoo-oppa!”

 

Great, another confession. One thing he always hated the most to hear and to get. He is never good at turning them down but can he honestly do that when he’s at work?

 

He smiles sweetly to the girl, ready to turn the hell down on her when Taehyung’s loud voice coming from the counter bounced back and forth inside the café.

 

“That’s too bad, Hana-ssi is it?” the older starts and Myungsoo wanted to get nervous about what’s he’s about to say next but he stays quiet. “That oppa is taken. To put it simply, he got a girlfriend so he really can entertain anyone right now. Not to mention, his girlfriend is quite a possessive one and he hates it when Myungsoo receives such cute confessions.”

 

“Girlfriend? You really have one?” Hana turns back to him and he can’t let this opportunity pass so he nods, nibbling down his lower lip, still anxious because he hope this girl would just drop it. “But according to my brother who is studying in your high school, you are never seen with a girl and that you always turn those who confessed to you.” The girl tilted her head to the side, confused.

 

“Oh, they’re shy!” Taehyung interrupted his attempt to speak again and he gave the older a thankful glance which the older winked at him back for. “They’re relationship is hidden and it’s not for everyone to see. Right Sungyeol?”

 

Okay, now he wanted the ground to swallow him gone once Taehyung asked his best friend, who he can still tell that is blatantly glaring at him from where he is seated. Sungyeol shrugs, smiling though because this could honestly keep those girls away from Myungsoo.

 

“Yes he is. He’s my best friend so I know.”

 

“Oh.” Hana whispers, slowly sitting back on her seat, face flushed for unknown reasons. Maybe out of embarrassment that she just got turned down in a public place or maybe because of something more.

 

“May I take your orders now, Ma’am?”

 

“Hana, are you okay?” One of her friends asked and Hana only nodded. “I’ll order for you, okay? What would you want to have?”

 

This Hana is cute, Myungsoo got to give the credits when it’s due. Her dimples are on both cheeks and it just added to her charm, her eyes are emerald green and she doesn’t look like –

 

“Your eyes… they’re green.” He murmurs before he could even stop himself making Hana turn back to him, mouth agape. “I’m sorry. I can’t help but admire it. I just – I know green eyes are rare and you have it so I kind of –“

 

“I don’t mind.” Hana said. “I got it from my Mom and she’s Spanish. My Dad is the Korean.”

 

“Oh.” He gasped, nodding as he understands where those green eyes came from.

 

He took the orders of Hana and her friends before turning to Sungyeol and his friends’ table, asking for their orders as well. He wanted to, as much as possible, do not look directly at Sungyeol because he knows that him asking Hana about her eyes didn’t quite do good to the taller’s mood.

 

“So, girlfriend huh?” Woohyun teased and Myungsoo almost kicked him under the table because he doesn’t want Woohyun to blow his covers off after all the trouble Taehyung have gone to just to save his back there.

 

“You better start ordering now or I’ll kick you guys out.” A nudge on his sleeves and he knows it’s coming from Sungyeol but he chose to ignore it. “May I take your orders?”

 

“Why aren’t you looking at me?”

 

“I’m at work, Sungyeol.” He hissed, still not looking at the taller. “Orders?”

 

It was closing time and he stayed to help the others clean up when he take a look outside. It’s raining.

 

“Do you have umbrella, Myungsoo?” Jin asked, holding one transparent umbrella while his other hand holds the rag. “Or do you want to borrow the extra umbrella I got here?”

 

“Um y –“

 

“Kook is here.” Taehyung exclaimed, pushing his seat behind him. They all turn outside and true enough; Jungkook came out of his car with a huge umbrella.

 

“I didn’t know Jungkook-hyung knows how to drive.” He said and Taehyung glance at his side.

 

“He only drives when he’s picking me up. He chose walking back to our place especially when we’re coming from here or university since I prefer it that way.”

 

“Why is he gone the whole day anyway, hyung?”

 

“His father needed him in Busan.” Jungkook gets inside of the café, kissing Taehyung on his forehead as a greeting. “Welcome back, Love. Oh, do you mind taking Myungsoo with us? It’s raining hard and he got no umbrella with him I mean Jin-hyung could lend him one but it’s really raining hard so can we –“

 

“Sure.” Jungkook shrugs before looking at him. “Let’s go?”

 

Okay, these two really is something. “Um, hyungs I’m fine.” He claimed. “I’ll just stay here till it stops. After all, Jin-hyung is waiting for Namjoon-hyung to pick him up so –“

 

“But you can just come with them, Myungsoo.” Jin interrupts. “It’s late and –“

 

“There are more tables to wipe clean, hyung. I won’t leave you alone cleaning them all by yourself.” He said a matter of factly. “Besides, I don’t want you hyungs to go out of your way just because you guys sent me home.”

 

“Are you sure, Myungie?” Taehyung asked, giving Jungkook his bag which the younger gladly taken and he nods, assuring the two that it’s fine.

 

Jin locked the door once the two are gone. Turning around, he found Myungsoo finishing up the other unwiped tables.

 

“Once Namjoon came and it’s still pouring down hard, we’re taking you back, okay?” he said as he go around the counter to check if Taehyung missed some spot. “Would you like to have some drink as we wait?”

 

“Will I be charged?”

 

“It’s on me” he started making their drinks when it starts thundering outside, making Myungsoo turn to the glass. “It’s really pouring down hard, huh? Won’t he look for you?”

 

“Who?”

 

“You know who.” He tsked. “Sungyeol, of course. Who else?”

 

Myungsoo grins, aware of what the older is asking. “He’ll be worried once he saw my room unlit when it’s supposed to be lit.” he finally removes his apron and set aside his cleaning materials. “He’s a little of a worrywart.”

 

“Of course he is. Aren’t you as well?”

 

Myungsoo sits on what of their seats in the café and Jin served his hot chocolate, not bothering to lower down the AC inside the café even if it’s just the two of them remaining inside.

 

“So…” Jin starts and Myungsoo felt like he knows what the older is going to say next that he wanted to roll his eyes with passion. “Are you and that Sungyeol a thing?”

 

“I knew you’d ask me that, hyung.” He played with his fingers, trying to gather his thoughts. “We’re not. We’re just friends.”

 

“Again with that set-up? I swear I had enough of that from Jungkook and Taehyung.” Jin rolled his eyes, annoyed yet mocking the younger. “How complicated is it with him?”

 

“He wants me. Possessive over me, jealous when there are girls and boys around me… the latter though, is something we grew up with. We’re both the jealous type, especially me. I just don’t show it.”

 

“Are you both aware though?”

 

He blinks. “Aware of what exactly?”

 

“How you feel with each other?”

 

He looks away, nibbling his lips as he thought of how to answer the question in queue before shaking his head. “I mean, it shows and we already… said it to each other but it doesn’t make us a couple. Not officially, at least.”

 

“And why is that?”

 

“He’s scared.” He shrugs, as if it’s a natural thing to say. “He believes in the saying that everything that has their title has an ending… and he doesn’t want that.”

 

“And you’re okay with that?”

 

“Honestly?” the older nods. “No… but I take what I can just to be with him.”

 

“Even if you don’t have the bragging rights of being with him?”

 

“Yeah, it’s fine. My presence around him draws the line and keeps those around us grounded to where they belong so… yeah.”

 

“You got one crazy set up, Myungsoo.” Jin tsked again. He wanted to pity the younger but he seen enough of this from Jungkook and he bet the younger wouldn’t like it as well like Jungkook before he had Taehyung.

 

There’s a knock on the glass door and Myungsoo whips his head to the glass door, eyes widening as soon as he recognized the tall figure with another umbrella on his other hand.

 

“Yah, for how long are you planning on staying here?”

 

“Sungyeol, is that my clothes?”

 

The taller look down on what he’s wearing. “It is. I’m on my way to your apartment when it poured hardly. I was going to wait for you there. I even brought foods in case you haven’t had dinner yet but then the rain won’t even stop and you’re thirty minutes late of your usual time to come back so I got worried, Byeol won’t shut up too so now I’m here.”

 

He looked at Jin to say I told you he’s a worrywart, but Jin who he didn’t saw leaving his seat handed a face towel to Sungyeol. “Dry yourself with this and leave the wet umbrella on the rack over there. We just finished mopping.”

 

“Uh, thanks boss-hyung.” Jin only nods and Sungyeol follows his orders. Myungsoo walks towards Sungyeol and took the towel from the other’s hand, draping it over the taller’s head to dry his wet hair. “Don’t worry. It’s because I took a shower in your place so it’s still a little wet.”

 

“I can tell. You smelled like me.” He said, fighting back his smile. “Are you staying over tonight?”

 

“Well duh.” Sungyeol let out his usual gummy smile. “Of course. It’s weekend tomorrow after all. I have to wake up early though.”

 

“Why? Aren’t weekends supposed to be our free days?”

 

“Well yeah but now that you’re working, I don’t think Jin-hyung will like it to be our free days. Besides, I will be at school tomorrow to help out decorating the gym for an event happening on Tuesday next week.”

 

“Oh.” Is the only word he can say. “But you’re still staying over?”

 

“Yeah, that’s why I’m picking you up. Can you grab your things? I’ll wait here. Let’s buy ice cream on our way home.”

 

“Alright. Wait here.”

 

“That’s what I said.”

 

Myungsoo hurriedly went to their locker room to pick up his things. Once the younger is nowhere around, Jin approaches Sungyeol. “Take this with you.” He handed him the chocolate drink, he placed it on a paper cup with a cover so it’s okay for take-out, the one he prepared for Myungsoo before the taller came. “It’s his and it’s free. I don’t like wasting foods so take it with you.”

 

“Ah… thanks hyung.” He said, taking the cup from Jin.

 

“You know… it’s nice having the one we love beside us when we know they’re ours fully… so don’t hold back. You and Myungsoo are different.”

 

Jin patted his back and Sungyeol flushed to that. Did Myungsoo tell him what’s between them?

 

The walk back home is silent. It’s something he used to though. He walks side by side with Myungsoo and allow silence to always envelopes them. It’s more comforting that way anyway. But there’s something about what Jin said back in the café that’s making him feel uneasy. It’s making him feel agitated and irritated.

 

“Is something bothering you?” Myungsoo who can’t stand the comforting silence for the first time said, not even bothering to look at Sungyeol beside him.

 

Sungyeol stops walking and so did Myungsoo. The taller ends up meeting his best friend’s gaze and ask himself questions.

 

Does he really want Myungsoo to be only his best friend?

 

Are they really different?

 

Myungsoo is worth it, of course he is. But the problem is on him because he doesn’t trust himself if he could be as worth it to the younger. He’s afraid that he might weigh him down, drag him around and become a problem to him. He’s afraid that Myungsoo might hate him for his clinginess. He’s afraid to lose him one day saying he’s being too much, too clingy, too whiny, too possessive, too territorial.

 

“Aish…” he said and Myungsoo tilted his head to the side, an act to show he’s confused. Sungyeol let out a tight smile and continue walking.

 

“You won’t tell me what’s bothering you?” Myungsoo asked following him behind.

 

“It’s us.”

 

“What about us? I thought we already got that settled.”

 

“Do we really?” Sungyeol stops again and turn to face Myungsoo. “Myungsoo, you don’t deserve this I know I can never force you to like someone else but don’t you think you deserve someone who could give you what you want instead of being stuck here with me?”

 

“Why the heck are you saying that now when we reached the decision to keep it as it is the other day?” there’s anger in the younger’s handsome face. “I already told you that I’m okay with this and that I’ll wait for you to be ready. Sungyeol –“

 

“That Hana girl… she’s your type.”

 

“Yeah but she’s not you so nevermind.” He tsked. “Seriously? Are we seriously on that again? Are we going to fight just because you’re being your insecure self again?”

 

“I can’t help it, okay? Myungsoo you deserve someone who could give you the world! And I – I’m a mess okay? I can’t even handle my own emotions – if it’s piling up, it only a matter of seconds before I explode.”

 

“But you are my mess – you are my kind of mess and I can handle you just fine. Sungyeol please, don’t start this again.” The younger huffed in annoyance. “You can be the most territorial, most possessive, clingiest and jealous that you usually are as long as it’s with me and only me, okay? I don’t ing mind that at all. How many times do I have to tell you that?”

 

“I’m sorry. It’s just, I got a little – pressured? I mean I know we’re different Myungsoo but I’m scared… what if one day we wake up without these feelings for each other? I’ll lose you completely and I don’t want that.”

 

“Why don’t you trust us?” Myungsoo wanted to roll his eyes in annoyance. “I’ve been in love with you since I was 10, Sungyeol. Never once did it fade away. These feelings of mine for you are here to stay.”

 

“That’s because there’s no trigger for you to lose it –“

 

“No. It’s because I love you that much and I want you that much that it’s still here.” He took a step back and take one good look at Sunyeol. “Look. If my feelings are pressuring you, just forget it okay? You don’t have to acknowledge it. It’s enough that you know.”

 

“Myung… I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s fine. Do you mind if I go back first? I’m tired and I still need to finish our assignment in Math. You go grab your Ice cream.”

 

Myungsoo’s leaving back tells Sungyeol somehow that, Ah, I messed up again.

 

--

 

Myungsoo munches an apple in his kitchen when Sungyeol came with ice cream. He didn’t pay attention to the taller, instead he went back to where his book and notebook are and continue doing his assignment.

 

Sungyeol occupies the sofa behind him and it didn’t take him long to feel Sungyeol drying his hair with the towel drape over his shoulders. He just let him and continue doing his assignment.

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

“Sungyeol please not this aga –“

 

“No… listen. I’m sorry okay? I’m sorry I’m a mess. But please don’t go around thinking I don’t trust your feelings for me… the problem is on me, Myungsoo. Not you. I’m insecure and I think too much about it… I guess we can put it simply that I’m that scared to lose you because I really don’t want to. Jin-hyung told me back in the café that we’re different and suddenly the image of you and me flashes to my mind and trust me, it’s amazing. You and I together… we’re amazing.”

 

“But?” Myungsoo inquires, not actually looking at Sungyeol who not got his forehead pressed on his shoulder, hugging him too.

 

“But it’s my fear of losing you that’s stopping me Myungsoo. And I hate it so much because I want to call you my boyfriend so badly yet –“

 

“You do realize that with or without label, it doesn’t make any difference right?” He interrupts, still busy solving math. “Being boyfriends or best friends won’t change a thin between us, Sungyeol.”

 

“It will change something. I can touch you once we’re boyfriends.”

 

He stiffens and he stopped solving. The hold on his tightens, as if Sungyeol is stopping him to turn around.

 

“I – I can touch you… you can touch me. We can make love… We aren’t fans of casual affair and asking you to be buddies isn’t something I will do because you’re more than that and I –“

 

“, you’re pressured because of that?” Myungsoo pulls away harshly from the older and faces him. He was surprised to see Sungyeol this flushed. Damn it. I’m so done for. “Damn it Sungyeol you’re being too cute right now it’s not too good for my heart when you’re being like this.”

 

“Yah, I’m not even kidding right now – and stop looking at me.”

 

Myungsoo let out a bark of laughter, earning a pillow on his face and he watches the older goes inside his room.

 

--

 

Weekends didn’t go too well because both Sungyeol and Myungsoo are busy in the morning and when night comes, they can’t even see each other because they’re both too tired to see if they’re both home safely. They’re constantly exchanging messages so that at least suffice the day they’re not together.

 

The following day at school, Sungyeol is ignoring Myungsoo because he kept on giving him playful stares and in the end, Myungsoo ends up laughing.

 

When lunch came, the three of them – Myungsoo, Sungyeol and Woohyun – went out of their classroom together only to be greeted by –

 

“Hana?” Myungsoo said, surprised to see the girl in front of their classroom. “What are you doing here?”

 

Those who are near enough to hear them converse stops and stares because this is the first time Myungsoo stops for himself and acknowledge someone else’s presence – a girl presence at that too.

 

Hana smiles widely and walks closer to him. “Hi oppa… I went to this school’s middle school so –“

 

“Middle schoolers aren’t allowed here though.” Sungyeol interrupts, already throwing daggers and Woohyun wanted to laugh at that. “You’re in the Senior High building. You’re not allowed to be here.”

 

“Give her a break. She went out her way to see our friend.” Woohyun pulls Sungyeol away. “Come on Myungsoo, ask her why she’s here.”

 

Myungsoo scratch his neck. “So uh… why are you here?”

 

She raised the one he was holding. “I made extra lunch so I was wondering if you want to share with me?”

 

“Um…” he turns to Sungyeol who looks at him like try me so he sighs. “Sorry, Hana. Me and my friends are grabbing lunch at the cafeteria and –“

 

“Ah really? She lowers the lunch she was showing Myungsoo pouting. “I guess I’ll just go back then.”

 

“You can eat with us though.” Woohyun said and Sungyeol’s glares at him in disbelief. “We don’t mind.”

 

“We do mind.” Sungyeol said, challenging Woohyun to say more.

 

“I don’t hear Myungsoo minding though. Do you mind Myungsoo?”

 

The question is dangerous for Myungsoo to answer alright but –“

 

“No. I think it’s fine.” He said and Sungyeol’s mouth opens, eyes looking at him like seriously?

 

“He doesn’t mind –“

 

“Well I do. So if you want to eat with her on our table then I guess I’ll be eating with my student council friends.”

 

“Sungyeol wait –“

 

The taller walks out.

 

--

 

“Hyung this is your fault.” Myunsoo whines at Woohyun who only shrugs. “Ah hyung! This is really your fault.”

 

Sungyeol sits with his student council friends alright and it’s pissing the hell out of Myungsoo who can’t even eat his own food.

 

“I’m so sorry, oppa… I didn’t mean to –“

 

“It’s not your fault Hana.” Woohyun said, smiling at Hana who’s been gnawing her lower lip out of guilt. “Sungyeol really is quite a hard headed so forgive his behavior.”

 

“But he sounded so pissed of me and I don’t think that’s okay.”

 

Myungsoo raised his head and starts eating his food though slowly. “It’s okay Hana. It’s not your fault that he got mad. It was Woohyun-hyung’s fault.”

 

“Yah, I have to do that.”

 

“You don’t have to but you did anyway so I’m still blaming you.” He faces Hana. “Hana, this would be the first and the last time that –“

 

“Myungsoo-oppa is she your girlfriend?”

 

Myungsoo wanted to roll his eyes to that someone behind him who just asked that. “No she isn’t. Why did you even –“

 

“Why are you eating with her?” another girl asked from the other table.

 

, they’re attracting attention and this is not what he wanted. He wanted to just eat, okay? Not pressured.

 

“Um she really isn’t my girlfriend –“

 

“Oppa who is she?!”

 

And another one. He glares at Woohyun who only shrugs and he wanted to throw the tray to the older but stopped himself in the last minute.

 

“Yah who are you and why are you eating with Myungsoo-oppa?” this time the question is directed at Hana who looks at the one asking her. Myungsoo noticed the changes in the other’s eyes. It got a shade darker? Is that even possible?

 

“I’m Hana and I’m eating with oppa because he let me.” Myungsoo raised his eyebrows, amused for the first time. “And no I’m not his girlfriend so back off haters.”

 

“Woah, feisty!” the girl said and was about to pull Hana’s hair if it isn’t for Myungsoo stopping it midway by standing from his seat.

 

“Hana, I’ll take you back to your building. I don’t think it’s safe for you to stay here.”

 

Whispers starts going on again as Hana quietly pack her things. Once she’s done, she return the glare the girl was giving her so Myungsoo stood beside Hana so no one would even think of starting a fight with the other.

 

“Come on Hana.” He said.

 

When they’re passing Sungyeol’s table, the taller is looking at him. Only looking but not saying anything but he knows that silence is not okay but he ignored it for the time being. He got to see Hana safely back to their building first before talking to Sungyeol.

 

“Oppa… I’m so sorry for that. I didn’t mean to –“

 

“Hana, it’s fine. Don’t worry about it.” he pats the girl’s hair and gave her his usual dimply smile. “But let this be the first and the last time you visit our building okay? We don’t want that happening again.”

 

They’re in front of the middle school building and Myungsoo is aware that many are looking their way but he can’t find himself to care. “You can go and see me in the café but not in school okay? Let’s not get you a hater, okay?”

 

They both giggle to that. Hana takes out her phone and handed it to Myungsoo. “Can you save your number here, oppa? I mean I don’t mind if you refuse but I wish you save it.”

 

Again Myungsoo smiles and takes her phone to save his number there. “Introduce yourself, okay? I’ll go back now.

 

“T-Thank you oppa.”

 

“Sure.”

 

--

 

Woohyun was waiting for him in front of their classroom when Myungsoo came back from taking Hana back to their building.

 

“Why are you still here?”

 

“Well, I don’t want to face Sungyeol alone so I waited for you.” He opens the door and true enough Sungyeol is back in his seat, reading a book.

 

“Is he super mad?” he asked, looking at the older beside his own seat.

 

“Well, he didn’t even look at me as he exits the cafeteria and he didn’t talk to me in the bathroom so maybe?”

 

“ hyung.”

 

He slowly approaches his own seat. Sungyeol didn’t look up though so he occupies his own seat.

 

“Welcome back. Is she back safely in their building?”

 

Myungsoo literally flinches when Sungyeol starts talking without looking at him. “Ah, yes. Sungyeol, you know I just did that to avoid cat fights, right?” he starts. “Those girls are literally killing her with their glares and I don’t think you’d like me being caught in those kinds of fights. You said I should be gentle with them right? I mean –“

 

“I’m not asking you to explain why you did what you did just now.” The older takes out his phone, still not looking at him. “And Myungsoo? When I said you should be more gentle in turning them down, I didn’t mean for you to be all nice with them and actually give them more reasons why they should be liking you.”

 

And then the teachers came, giving no chance for Myungsoo to rebut.

 

All classes ended and Myungsoo found Sungyeol in front of their classroom talking to someone from the student council. He got his bag and his coat and he’s ready to go for work.

 

“Yeol.” He called the older who looks at him.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I’ll get going.” He said, approaching the other. “Anything you want me to get you on the way home later?”

 

“Uh, no. It’s fine. I don’t want anything.”

 

“Oh. That’s a first.” He said, looking down on his feet. “Are you coming to the café later?”

 

“I don’t know? I’m not sure. I think I’ll be back later today as well. I need to finish something here.”

 

“Why? What’s up?”

 

“Nothing. Everything is fine. I’m just needed here.”

 

“Hey Pres, we need to go. The Principal is coming.”

 

“Ah, yeah. Hey Myungsoo, I have to go. I’ll see you back home okay?”

 

One pat on his shoulder and the other is gone, not even looking at him.

 

“Is he still mad?”

 

“Of course he is.” He sighs. “And it’s still your fault hyung.”

 

--

 

Sungyeol silently gets inside of Myungsoo’s apartment. It’s 2am in the morning already and he’s sure that the younger is already home by that time because he texted him that he got home. As for him, the Principal invited them back in his place to talk about something about the trip that will be happening soon for all the Seniors in their batch.

 

He’s bathed and he’s ready to lie down beside Myungsoo when he noticed that the light indicator from Myungsoo’s phone is green, telling him that someone just texted the younger.

 

HANA:

            Are you sleeping, oppa? You probably are, don’t you? Then I’ll go to sleep as well. Thanks for teaching me math again.

 

Sungyeol isn’t someone to pry but he found himself scrolling up to see the beginning of the conversation thread under Hana’s name. He can’t believe he gave her his number.

 

HANA:

            Is this really Myungsoo-oppa?

MYUNGSOO:

            Who’s this?

HANA:

            One of your admirers.

MYUNGSOO:

            I got many so name yourself or I’ll block you.

HANA:

            Wait oppa! It’s Hana.

MYUNGSOO:

            Oh, it’s just you. Hey. What’s up?

HANA:

            Having troubles with math. How about you? Oh, did you just come back from work?

MYUNGSOO:

            Ah, yeah. Just got home. Do you mind if I wash first? I’ll help you with math after.

HANA:

            Wow, really? I’m not actually asking you to help me but I’ll take that offer! Okay, I’ll wait after you wash up,

 

He checked the time when he told Hana that he’s back home… and it’s one hour earlier compared to the time Myungsoo told him he’s back.

 

He knows it’s a shallow reason to get his blood boiling inside of him but if Myungsoo is seriously doing this, then the game is on.

 

--

 

A/N: Forget the assignment due tomorrow, update for now.