4. Like we used to

I'm in love with you (And all your little things)

Myungsoo has been staring at Sungyeol for a while now. Trying to open up a conversation going as they both sat in his room’s carpeted floor. It’s been more than two hours when they decided to do their assignments together like how they usually do it, but the silence is killing Myungsoo to the point that he almost wanted to speak up first and try to communicate but the walls surrounding the taller is way too high for him to climb up. It feels like Sungyeol is shutting him down completely.

 

Still got a cotton jabbed on his nose due to the effect of the ball hitting him hard on the face back in their PE class, Myungsoo moves closer to Sungyeol, alerting the taller who is now holding a book with his hands as he tried to analyze the word problem before him. He’s been on number 2 for some time now while Myungsoo is far off on number 29 and Myungsoo is certain that Sungyeol is trying his hardest not to ask for his help.

 

“You really don’t my help on that one? You’ve been staring at number 2 for two hours now and where are you? Still on number 2.” He tried to joke to lessen the obvious tension between them but the taller just glare at him.

 

“I don’t need any kind of help coming from you when you stop needing mine back in PE Class.” He jerk away from Myungsoo who was stunned. “Why don’t you try and help Sungjong? Isn’t he your new friend?”

 

“Sungyeol, where is this coming from?” he mocked a smile. “You mean to tell me that all this time, you’ve been on the edge because of someone I barely even remember the face?”

 

Sungyeol threw a book at him, hitting him hard on a nose again making it start to bleed more intensely this time. “You let him help you when I was on my way to help you! That’s what the problem here! I came running to your aid because you’ve been giving that kid a smile as soon as we stepped inside Gym class not noticing the ball ready to hit you on the face just because of that someone you claim the face you can’t even remember!”

 

This is probably one of those moments when no matter how hard he try to understand Sungyeol, he ended up getting frustrated because he really can’t point out the thing the taller wanted to tell him. It’s frustrating to the point where he ended up saying something he never really meant to.

 

“Well, if you pay enough attention to me and not some random guy from the Student Council, whom I didn’t know by the way, then maybe you’ll be fast enough to my aid and take care of me like how you usually does! Because seriously? For how many days has it been since that guy stick beside you like you’re both made out of magnets? Like what the , Sungyeol? I’ve always been there waiting for you no matter how long it takes just so we could eat together and go home together, yet every morning, I’ll leave you in his care because, as you called it, duty calls, and I understand that part alone, yet you always meet up with him during lunch almost forgetting about the foods we ordered just to ing talk with him? And when it’s time to go home, I’ll pick you up back in the student council office and you’re STILL with him? Like what the hell are you really trying to take me a hint of? Because if you’re just trying to make me jealous, you’re really doing such a great job. You win. Hands down.”

 

Sungyeol looked at him; shock is all over his face as Myungsoo stops talking. Never did Myungsoo raised his voice on him like that, never did the younger tell him what he truly feels about his friendliness, this is the first time he poured out his feelings and it really caught him off-guard.

 

Myungsoo, as if realizing what he just said, stood up and fixed himself up. Not actually caring if Sungyeol is still watching his every move.

 

“I’ll go get us some refill.” Was the thing he said before he left Sungyeol alone in his room.

 

As soon as he closed the door, he can feel his inside clenches, he wanted to puke but he knows it’s not puking he needs that moment. He just gave Sungyeol a grand opening on what he feels towards him and now he’s doomed.

 

He lost him.

 

He weakly goes to the kitchen, with nothing in his hands, realizing he also forget about their glasses inside his room which is very stupid of him because he clearly showed Sungyeol that he run away from him back there.

 

He wanted to punch himself for every stupidity he makes and now he wanted to just die and –

 

“Myungsoo...”

 

He turns around and there goes Sungyeol with his books and their glasses.

 

He’s leaving... I lost him.

 

“I uh... I think it’ll be great if I go home now. I need to cook dinner for mom and Daeyeol.”

 

He awkwardly stands there, nodding to whatever Sungyeol just said before the taller walks towards him to place the glasses on the sink.

 

“Tell me if you need dinner too so I could prepare for your share –“

 

He shakes his head and look away. “I’m fine.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yeah. I won’t be needing it because I’ll be preoccupied with our assignments due tomorrow.” He reasoned before he moves away from Sungyeol to sit on one of the stool, burying his face on his palms as he try to cover his embarrassed face. “Please make some for Mom though... I bet she’ll need it.”

 

When Sungyeol is gone, he finally let the tears fall freely from his eyes, knowing that he just lost the love of his life that very same day. Never did he think to lose him this way.

 

If only I knew the end will come this soon, I should’ve told him everything...

 

But what he didn’t know is Sungyeol doesn’t know what to do either. No, hell he doesn’t know.

 

Did he heard Myungsoo right?

 

He sounded so jealous back there... was he just assuming things?

 

Are their feelings the same for each other?

 

Does Myungsoo love him too?

 

No, you’re thinking way too much about this. Remember, Sungyeol, Myungsoo is as possessive as you... of course he’d be jealous of your new found friends... maybe Myungsoo is the one reading it all wrong.

 

His eyes grew wider, not realizing that Daeyeol has been watching him as he shove peanuts inside his mouth. His hyung is really weird, that’s for sure. He’s been mumbling things that can’t be understand by anyone around him meaning something must’ve happened.

 

They were both in that daze moment when their mother came, placing down the grocery bags in front of his two sons that looks like in different dimension.

 

--

 

The lights in Myungsoo’s room are still on while he keeps his closed. By the silhouette being casted on the younger’s blinds, he knew Myungsoo is sitting on his chair, studying. The only times Myungsoo draws the curtains are when he’s studying and doesn’t want to be disturbed by anyone including Sungyeol.

 

“Hyung, did you use my toothpaste again?” Daeyeol said from the outside of his room and he just grumbled to answer the question because he got his toothbrush stuffed inside his mouth.

 

When Myungsoo’s lights were turned off, he quickly get inside his room and grab his notebook, opened it and send Myungsoo a message.

 

LSY: You’re sleeping already? Are you done with math?

 

He keeps his eyes on his screen as Myungsoo starts typing back.

 

KMS: I’m done. With yours too. You left your notebook here so I could do yours right?

 

He smiled.

 

LSY: I knew I can count on you...

KMS: Sure.

LSY: So about what you said... are you really mad about me hanging out with some other guys instead of you?

 

It took Myungsoo longer to type a reply back for Sungyeol but it came and that’s all that matters. This is the first time they talk about their problems through chats but no one seems to mind.

 

KMS: I’m not entirely mad about you hanging out with them. But I do hate it when you hang out with them when you’re supposed to be hanging out with me. I only have you for lunch break and going home hours Sungyyeol. I never care about waiting for you for a long time just so we could go home together, so I expect you to be quick getting to me when you’re supposed to. These past few days, I always come and get you from the student council office only to be greeted by your laughter with that guy. How do you expect me to react on that? I’ve waited and yet you’re having the time of your life back in the office. If that would be the case, maybe next time, just tell me to go ahead and not wait for you anymore.

 

Sungyeol bite down his lower lip. Trying to think of how to answer that. So he just typed...

 

LSY: Don’t you trust me?

LSY: All of them don’t matter.

LSY: I’ve always been yours since...

 

Sungyeol realized it too late and the next reply from Myungsoo came fast to cut his chats off.

 

KMS: Since?

KMS: What are you saying?

 

He blushed. He swears he blushed.

 

WHAT THE HELL IS HE SAYING?

 

LSY: It was nothing.

LSY: I’ll sleep now.

 

He turned off the chat and goes under his comforter and start thinking of how ed up his situation is with Myungsoo.

 

--

 

On the next day, it was raining. Myungsoo waited for Sungyeol to come out from their house in ten minutes but Daeyeol said his hyung already went out because someone picked him up, making him feel abandoned again.

 

So by the time he arrives at school and saw Sungyeol standing in their school’s gates, he just walked passed by him and didn’t care whether the taller called him. He didn’t even stop when Woohyun asked him to wait for him.

 

He’s way too pissed to act nice to anyone and never will he ever care about what they will think of him. All he knows is when he’s mad, he’s really mad. No one is exempted. They can blame Sungyeol for that later.

 

Removing his coat to place inside his locker, Sungjong just came and stands behind him, surprising him as he turns around.

 

“Oh... hey.”

 

“Hi, goodmorning.” The younger greeted with a bow. “I was about to run when I saw you.”

 

“Ah, really?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

Behind Sungjong, Sungyeol just came in with a smile but once he saw who Myungsoo was talking to, his smile faded and started throwing him the look. But hey, Myungsoo is as mad as him so who cares?

 

“I thought it’d be nice to walk together,”

 

Myungsoo tilted his head on the side and smiled at Sungjong, annoying Sungyeol more because surely, Myungsoo is trying to provoke him.

 

Before Woohyun could go and tease Sungyeol, the taller is already raising a fist at him.

 

“We can always walk back together now –“

 

“Myungsoo.”

 

Both males got their eyes fixated to Sungyeol. Sungjong stand back to give the SC President therrespect he deserves while Myungsoo just stood there, giving out cold glares as soon as he locked gazes with his so called best friend who happens to be the kind of best friend that leaves him behind to  to holl with other guys.

 

“What do you want?” Was his reply and Sungyeol squinted his eyes in obvious annoyance.

 

“Let’s go back together. Classes is about to start. You to, Sungjong. You should go back – “

 

“Let’s go then, Sungjong.”

 

The younger among of them froze in place and so does Sungyeol. Did he hear Myungsoo right? Is he really asking for Sungjong and not him?

 

“Myungsoo –“

 

“Someone is looking for you. You should go back with them instead, Yeol. Duty calls, right?”

 

After saying that, Myungsoo walks away and Sungjong gives Sungyeol a bow once more before hurrying himself to walk beside Myungsoo which is very surprising to everyone because never did Myungsoo walks side by side with anyone other than his friends, most especially other than Sungyeol.

 

Sungyeol watches his best friend’s back walking away from him and suddenly he went numb. Is this reality hitting him on the face? Telling him that yeah, he’s just assuming things? That Myungsoo isn’t in love with him like he thought he’d be?

 

This is way too much to handle so Sungyeol does what he does the best…

 

Stand back and protect himself from what’s hurting him.

 

But who is he kidding? Myungsoo is the kind of pain he wanted to be around him always.

 

-

 

Myungsoo knew it so well when he and Sungyeol are fighting. Sungyeol will always be the first one to step back and do nothing, killing him with silence and not even trying to patch things up. Sungyeol will always be the first one to act all cold and distant, and Sungyeol acting all cold and distant means trouble.

 

He never wanted to deal with that kind of Sungyeol.

 

So as soon as Sungyeol stepped inside their classroom, he suddenly regrets being cold towards him when he’s  even supposed to feel bad because Sungyeol started it. But who is he kidding? This has always been Sungyeol’s way of dealing things. Always getting mad to t someone who’s mad at him, twice as mad as that someone mad at him. And Sungyeol has always been the meanest one of all to return the favor. Like right now.

 

When he was about to give the taller his math notebook, Sungyeol leans to tap Woohyun’s back to ask for his notebook so he could copy a fifty items answer.

 

Woohyun looks at him and saw the notebook he was holding, even him is confuse. “But Myungsoo got your notebook for you. I’m sure he answered it all f – “

 

“It’s fine. I’d just copy from you.”

 

“Sungyeol – “

 

“Nam, just give me your notebook, okay? Our teacher is coming soon and I still –“

 

Myungsoo snapped. “You think I’d deal with you your way?” Sungyeol looks at his side, aware that he’s mad more than ever now. “Here’s your ing notebook. If you want to do it again, there’s a trash can  me… I’d throw it from you.”

 

And when he throw Sungyeol’s notebook in the trash bin behind him, everyone gasps, even Sungyeol who never thought Myungsoo will do what he just did with his notebook.

 

And the worst of it all, Myungsoo walked out.

 

-

 

The rain continues till evening and Myungsoo found himself alone in his room with earphones on his ears. He doesn’t want to eat nor does he want to get up to greet his mother that just got home. He just wanted to sleep, try to sleep at least. Everything that happened that day and ed him big time that it tires him up just by thinking about it. Who knows it’ll be more complicated now more than ever?

 

Myungsoo turns to the other side as soon as he hear his balcony door opening. He’ll scold Sungyeol for using that way when the time comes, because how many times did he told the older not to use that way when it’s raining because he might slipped and fall from the high floor? As usual for Sungyeol, he never listens.

 

It didn’t take long before he felt one cold hand over his side. He tried hard not to flinch and succeeded in doing so, but not when Sungyeol placed a kiss on his nape.

 

“Myungsoo… “

 

. He pretended to be asleep even when he felt Sungyeol’s hand travelling south against his body. He just let it happen but don’t expect him not reacting to this.

 

His best friend is touching him. The best friend he loves so much touching him with those cold wet hands.

 

“Myungsoo… “

 

He continue acting asleep after all the touching but not when Sungyeol turned his body around to face his own, tilted his head and kiss his slightly opened lips. .

 

Sungyeol is kissing him open mouthed and – tomorrow.

 

He opened his eyes, took Sungyeol by surprised when he placed both hands around the taller’s neck and kissed him back. Sungyeol tried to pull away but Myungsoo didn’t let him.

 

“Pull away from me now and we’ll fight till tomorrow… “

 

So Sungyeol continues to kiss Myungsoo. Catching his breath every now and then because Myungsoo is taking his breath away with all this kisses. He’s drowning.

 

When Myungsoo pinned him down against his bed, Sungyeol looks up to Myungsoo who’s now watching him. “The things you’re doing will soon make me crazy, Sungyeol.”

 

“But you make me go crazy too… you make me jealous. I want to kill those who tries to get close to you.”

 

Myungsoo paused. He knew it. The moment Sungyeol entered his room, he’s drunk. The moment Sungyeol entered his mouth with his own tongue, he knew his Sungyeol is drunk.

 

Sungyeol hold him in place with those hands on his sides as he continue talking. “I want you all to myself and… and everyone knew that and yet… yet they continue trying to get close to you… and now you let one of them get too close to you that you even leave me for them and it hurts and I don’t want to hurt and –“

 

Myungsoo cut him off with a kiss and Sungyeol moans. He doesn’t care if Sungyeol would forget about all the things that happened that night tomorrow. He doesn’t give a if he forgets about kissing him and touching him. All that matters to Myungsoo that moment is Sungyeol confessing his love for him.

 

“You make me do those things.” He bites Sungyeol’s lower lip making the older groan. “You make me do all those things because you make me jealous… you’re mine, Sungyeol. You’re ing mine…. Remember that. You have to remember that till tomorrow because you. Are. ing. Mine.”

 

“I’m yours… I am ing yours… “ was Sungyeol’s submissive reply.

 

-

 

Sungyeol woke up in Myungsoo’s bed with his head killing him. He can’t remember anything that happened last night but he does remember drinking with Woohyun and his boyfriend Sunggyu. At first he just wanted to vent out his anger, but when Woohyun and Sunggyu started talking about how he should fix things with Myungsoo, he ended up swallowing more alcohol that he can tolerate.

 

And now, he’s not sure how he ended up in his best friend’s room with his lips looking like it got bitten and his whole body looks like it’s been touched.

 

Myungsoo came in with his mug in his hand and two pills of what seems to be a medicine. “Trying to kill yourself last night, I see.”

 

Myungsoo walks towards his swivel chair and watch Sungyeol as he swallowed the medicine he provided for him.

 

Sungyeol always choke when Myungsoo removes s bangs away from his eyes. “You’ve been ing up with the rules we established, Sungyeol.”

 

“What?” he asked confusedly and Myungsoo sighs.

 

“First, you go to school with whoever picks you up yesterday. And now this… you drink with whomever it is last night without me. Do you really want me mad that much?”

 

Sungyeol gulps and shakes his head. “The one who picks me up for school was someone from the –“

 

“Student council?” he abruptly cuts the taller off. “I know that. Because no one else’s comes before me other than SC right?”

 

“Myungsoo, why are you so mad?” he asked desperately and tried to reach out for Myungsoo’s hand which the younger lets him. “I was needed early in school and I forgot to tell you and I don’t think you’d like it when I wake you –“

 

“You don’t know the things I’d do for you Sungyeol. You never try to know the things I’d do for you. I bet you’ll be surprise.”

 

Before it could even get in his head, the thing Myungsoo said, Sungyeol found himself for more when Myungsoo kissed him and as if on cue, everything that happened last night after Woohyun and Sunggyu takes him home, from him sneaking inside Myungsoo’s room, up to kissing the younger, Myungsoo pinning him down against his bed and kissing him… up to the declaration of ownership.

 

He remembers it all.

 

-

 

A/N: Another short update so why not give me comments and inspire me, dear subbies of mine? Thank you.