Episode 7: Perfume

Sweetheart

"Hey, are you coming?" You ask Sangdo while he's just standing there with a smile on his face and his eyes closed.

"Oh, yeah, it's just that your perfume is... umm, it smells really nice... let's  go!"
 
You laugh and get into the very small elevator, you two are really close to each other, this is making your heart pound really hard. You stand there quietly trying not to move at all until you get to the 1st floor. You try to peek a little with your periferal view to see him

"how can he be so relaxed being this close... I gotta chill damnit. He's just my friend. I can't feel this nervous around him" you think to yourself

*Sangdo's thoughts*
"I gotta stay close to her. I want to keep having that sweet scent close to me, it's... it's addictive. Don't creep her out... it's driving me crazy! Shh... just relax, don't make her uncomfortable."

You get to the 1st floor and get out the elevator without saying a word to each other. You wer trying to catch a breath and slow your heart beat. You walk leading the way to the place you want to go with Sangdo and he follows your lead. You arrive at this beautiful place, It was a small park with a fountain in the middle. There were lights hanging from one way to the other that brightened up the place beautifully.
"Ta-daaa" You say holding your hands up as you stood in front of the fountain. "I saw this place when I came back home earlier tonight. I've  never seen it before and it looks like a nice and quiet place to hang out, don't you think?"

"Wow~ it's very beautiful!" He said while he keeps looking up and around at the lights. "It's perfect" he says while giving you a bright and beautiful smile.

"Oh come, sit here and close your eyes for a minute" you say while pulling his arm kindly leading him to sit on a bench near the fountain. Confused, he obeyed your order and sat down and closed his eyes.

"Okay, you can't see right?"

"No" he said while peeking through his left eye

"Don't cheat! Come on, put your hands out" you hand him the gift you bought for his birthday. "Okay, open your eyes now"

He holds the box tightly as he opened his eyes. "Oh you didn't have to buy me anything y/n! I don't deserve any presents after what happened tonight"

"I wanted to give you something you'd really like, I don't know if this is it but I hope you enjoy it. Happy Birthday Sangdo" you smile "Now open it!!"

He looks at you kindly and gratefully and starts unwrapping the gift. As soon as he sees the polaroid camera he gets happy and excited like a little kid on Christmas. "Woow!"

"I'm sorry I don't know if you'll like it" you say with insecurity.

"No, No, it's perfect! It's now a precious possession because you gifted it to me" he said while opening the box

"I'm glad you like it! Come on, test it out" you say enthusiastically

"Mmm what should I photograph, there are many pretty things here..." he said while looking around

"Those flowers over there look very pretty, also the lights and the fountain" you start suggesting

"I have a better Idea, I'm gonna photograph the prettiest thing my eyes can catch in the next 5 seconds" he holds the camera up and looks left "one" looks right "two" looks left again "three" looks up "four" looks right at you "five" and takes the picture.

You froze for a second. "Did you just take a picture of me?" You said surprised

"Yes, the prettiest thing my eyes caught in five seconds. You look very pretty, look" he shows you the picture. You take it and stare at it embarrassed because you look distracted. You start to find minimal things in that picture about yourself that makes you feel ugly and you hide the polaroid to your back. "Omg I look terrible, please throw this away, burn it. I wasn't prepared" you say embarrassed

"What are you talking about? You look great, give it to me, come on" he says while he is laughing and playfully trying to take the polaroid off your hands. You struggle a little and run to the other side of the fountain. "HAH I'm gonna throw it in the water" you say with a mocking tone. 

"Don't!!" He runs to you and grabs your wrist

"Owww" you start faking pain 

"Oh did I hurt You? I'm so sorry y/n, let me see" he let's go of your arm and you run to the other edge of the fountain while your laughing.

"Ah I actually believed you! Come back here with my picture" he runs to where you are and trips on a step and falls down.
You run to him worried and get on your knees to check him. "Are you Okay? I'm so sorry Sangdo. Does something hurt??" You say all worried

"Ahh ow ow ow" he starts rubbing his ankle in pain "can you please check if there's a bruise on my ankle, y/n?"

"Yes of course" you get closer and reach to his leg, suddenly he grabs the polaroid off your hand, gets up and runs to the other side of the fountain

"See? I'm a good actor too" he starts laughing showing off the polaroid in his hand.

"Oh you sneaky man! I was legitimately worried. I thought you actually fell. I was starting to feel guilty if you broke an ankle or something"

"Sorry, but it was worth it buahaha"

You walk towards him giving up on the picture and sat on the edge of the fountain. "Okay, you can have it, but you have to let me take one of you and we're even... Deal?"

"Hmm... Okay, seems fair enough" he takes the camera and hands it to you

"Okay, pose for the camera, mister Yu Sangdo" he sits on the edge of the fountain and you stood infront of him. You take the camera up, pause and put it back down. "You have to smile for the camera Sangdo, come on"

"Ah really? But it has to be natural, don't I look good with a neutral pose?"

"Yes, but I lov... I like your smile so much better" he smiles at your comment and you took the picture of that moment.

"Yaah, I wasn't ready!" He complains while trying to grab the polaroid. You take a step back and take it. You look at it and smile "see? This is natural, don't you think?" You show him the polaroid from a far and sit on the edge of the fountain again.

"Hey, I didn't get to see it well, hand it to me so I can look at it with detail" he apporaches you 

You hesitate but hand it to him. He takes it, looks at it with detail then he tried to run away with it but you pulled his arm back with strength and almost threw him inside the fountain. You panicked and pulled him towards you so he didn't fall but you both fell inside the fountain. It wasn't too deep so you  barely got wet, well, Sangdo barely got wet. He landed on top of you but he softened the landing with his hands so he didn't put all his weight on you. You try to sit quickly but encounter Sangdo's face really close to yours.

"Are you Okay y/n? Are you hurt?" He asks worried but without backing off and making eye contact. You nod, "yes, I'm okay" you look down and start giggling because of the situation you're in right now. 

"What? Why are you giggling?" He starts giggling too. You look up and see that he still hasn't backed off but you don't complain. Looking at Sangdo's face that close to you makes you feel good.

"Thank you for everything y/n. I've never experienced a birthday this.."

"weird?" You finish his sentence and laugh.

"Haha no, well, it was different and I really like it. It's a memory I don't want to erase, ever" he says and gives you your favorite smile. Your heart instantly starts pounding really hard and you start blushing and instantly look away. Sangdo whispers "eight" backs off a little and helps you get up "Come on, let's get you home before you catch a cold" he said while helping you stand up. He offered you his coat even though it was a little wet. You accept it and he walks you home.

You get to your front door and open the door to your apartment.
"Do you want to come in, Sangdo? I can make you something warm to drink before you go home"

Sangdo hesitates "n-no, I can't, I'm sorry, Yooncheol texted me so I have to go quickly"

"Oh okay, ah, here's your coat back. Thank you" you hand him the coat. Sangdo takes it and gets the picture of you out of one of the pockets and checks if it didn't get damaged.

"What? my polaroid survived? That's not fair! Yours got damaged" you complained. He put his hand in on his back pocket and took out the picture.

"Nope, it's here. I dropped it before I got pulled inside the fountain by someone" gives you a glare

"I'm so sorry about that Sangdo. It wasn't on purpose I swear"

"I know" he puts his hand on your head "it was fun anyways"

"Can I have it? It's mine anyways, we made a deal" you say with your hand extended waiting for him to give it to you.

He hands you the picture. "Put it on the side of your bed so when you wake up, I'm the first thing you get to see in the morning, and the last thing you see at night..." he pauses, looks away, smiles shyly, clears his throat and looks back at you "sorry, that was--"

"It wasn't cheesy, its really cute actually. Please do the same with mine Okay? So you don't forget me nor the time we spent together tonight"

He smiles "I will, and trust me, I won't forget about you that easily" smiles "Good night, y/n"

"Good night, Sangdo" you close your door and put your back against it, you took a deep sigh while holding Sangdo's picture close to your heart. "I'm...falling in love with him...?"

Sangdo enters the elevator, puts his coat on and instantly gets a hint of your perfume on it. He  closes his eyes and takes a deep breath

"Ah... there's no way I could enter her apartment feeling like this... it's dangerous. Your perfume is now stuck in me, it's gonna be hard to forget someone like you... this is the inevitable nine... just one number away for you to completely take over my heart with no hesitation. I'm falling too hard for you, y/n"